Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Maybe I'm saying this with age, but anything over retail is too much for me. I don't need them THAT badly.
Agree 100%. In the years I am been in this and over 100 pairs of shoes I’ve probably paid over MSRP less than 5 times. There’s rarely a pair I “need” and would be willing to pay for someone else’s income. There’s something about getting shoes or clothes at retail price.

This has always been my mentality

same for me for the most part. only spend over retail on something if i win/make cash to cover it (betting, stocks) and even then i sit there for weeks debating if it's worth it. never use my money coming out of my paycheck

Maybe I'm saying this with age, but anything over retail is too much for me. I don't need them THAT badly.

Throughout my life of buying sneakers I've rarely bought resale. And in recent years the only things that come to mind were the black Kaws 4s and 1st Travis AJ 1 His. In both cases I paid a little over retail but waaaaaaay under the going rate thanks to a good friend of mine.

When you miss one, you'll forget about it and there will be another one that comes soon after. A lot of people are pissed over these L&F's though. I think this is where hoarding and buying past drops helps because if you want it that bad you'll sell some stuff to get what you want.

Yea, sometimes it is better just to move on. If you want a shoe bad enough, sometimes flipping something in your collection that you can part ways with to fund another shoe for resale is ok IMO. I sold my 2013's to help fund the 2015 Chi's when they were around like $400. Ended up selling them for much more than that after the Last Dance came out so it works out sometimes.

That's exactly what I did. Got 2013 Chicagos when they were easy to obtain in-store. When the updated 2015s came out with better materials and Nike Air I sold the 2013s for those. Prematurely sold my 2015s when in 2019 rumours were swirling that Chicagos were coming back out for the 2020 ASG in Chicago. They never came out, pandemic hit a few weeks later, and 'The Last Dance' dropped a little after where the value shot up.

Luckily got a call back today so I got a "L&F" pair to replace the 2015s I foolishly sold.

Will be interesting to see how the cherry AJ XIs and the Travis 1 lows coming out in a few weeks are handled.

i think this mentality of not wanting to pay over retail/care for new hyped releases starts to die as you get older and have other priorities in life that are more important.

if we were in high school/university i'm sure our mind set would be a lot different especially with social media/flex culture these days.

age definitely brings experience and wisdom and you learn to just do you.

i think this mentality of not wanting to pay over retail/care for new hyped releases starts to die as you get older and have other priorities in life that are more important.

if we were in high school/university i'm sure our mind set would be a lot different especially with social media/flex culture these days.

For me, it really hit when all my buddies were going on vacation to resorts, Vegas, etc. Meanwhile, I was stuck at home with a closet full of shoes. Lol. Went from buying 2-3 pairs a month to maybe 4-5 pairs a year after that. 😂

I think thats what actually turned me off. Everyone dressing the same, the social media aspect of things, Nike and adidas with the ability to make more pairs and combat all of this but refusing to do so, ridiculous price increases (remember how much 1s were just a few years ago?) and vultures infiltrating and turning sneaker "culture" "community" into what it is now....just a sneaker eco system is what turned me off.

"L&Fs" is my 1st personal sneaker purchase of 2022.

All of this, plus the fact that I only have two feet and I may never get to wearing everything I have. Reality sets in that some things gotta go.

(Won't ever admit this when it comes to all my jackets though :lol:)

I’m in a pretty good spot in my life financially right now, and I still won’t pay resale. It’s absurd. I refuse to pay some nerd running a bot. Lol
100% agree! I feel the exact same way. I could pay resale for every pair if I wanted to but I would never.

Remember that feeling of walking into the local sneaker store (Good foot, adrift, SVP, etc) and finding what you wanted in your size? Or scoring are really good deal that was posted on RFD? That's like buying something at retail now lol.

Only paid once over retail at Good Foot, OG's know. They "found" some older Nike SB's from 4-5 years ago and had them for purchase after jacking up the price. It's the only I lined up as well since it was near work and I had a shift that day.

I also remember when the manager at Adrift kensington told me she would bring over my size dunk from the other store cause the current location didn't have my size. Bless that lady. Hope she is well.

Remember that feeling of walking into the local sneaker store (Good foot, adrift, SVP, etc) and finding what you wanted in your size? Or scoring are really good deal that was posted on RFD? That's like buying something at retail now lol.

Only paid once over retail at Good Foot, OG's know. They "found" some older Nike SB's from 4-5 years ago and had them for purchase after jacking up the price. It's the only I lined up as well since it was near work and I had a shift that day.

I also remember when the manager at Adrift kensington told me she would bring over my size dunk from the other store cause the current location didn't have my size. Bless that lady. Hope she is well.

I remember this for GDFT's Yorkville opening. They had stuff like DOTD, De La Highs etc and they had them marked up a bit but still under market. I think most of the shoes were around like $400. Friend went for one of the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom