Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I could be wrong but I feel like a lot of people have just gotten older and have real life priorities/families and don’t have time to come on a forum anymore. Shoes are so expensive these days so that money could be spent in much better ways unless it’s a must have shoe or something nostalgic.

I wanna give Nike money but they don’t wanna give me Kobe’s. The outlet also isn’t an outlet anymore with retail pricing

I could be wrong but I feel like a lot of people have just gotten older and have real life priorities/families and don’t have time to come on a forum anymore. Shoes are so expensive these days so that money could be spent in much better ways unless it’s a must have shoe or something nostalgic.

Personally, the thrill of the chase is pretty much gone for me.

Releases come, I strike out, I move on. Plus nothing's really exciting me. I feel like the last pair I bought was the Anniversary Infrared 90, and that was only because I sold my HOA's about a week prior. I don't even know when I'll be wearing them.

Doing my part and checking in.

Still keep up with release news weekly, afterall, knowledge reigns supreme. As for buying? Easy pass. Forget the money and life priority thing for a second (a reality for many including myself) its the passion part that's gone for us. Without passion, there is nothing.

To quote WTAPS, “Placing Things Where They Should Be”. Excess material accumulation not on top of to-do list nowadays. Even Raekwon said it in KICKS magazine back in 2004 that he regrets buying and wasting money on sneakers. Didn't understand til almost 2 decades later.

Sneaker collecting isn't that cool fringe subculture that it used to be. Glad to be onboard during the "golden era" with some of you fine gentlemen (and ladies). The memories are longer lasting than the cheap rubber and plastic Nike uses.

I'm still excited for new releases but I've missed up out on a bunch of hyped releases. Sold a ton of older stuff over the last few years. Old me would've bought almost every release. I'm way more selective these days.

was at dixie nike "outlet" yesterday

t-shirt $30
sweaters $30-$40
sweat pants $30

this isn't an "outlet" this is "here's our inventory from 2022 from north america that we couldn't sucker someone to pay us $40, you can have it for $30"

Same general feeling from my end. Getting older, daily life is way more expensive, already have most of the sneakers I’ve ever wanted and don’t have time to chase new releases. Haven’t bought sneakers this year, only bought two last year (both of which were for practical reasons and not hype releases)

I also just read foot locker is closing 400 brick and mortar stores across North America in the next three years. Just goes to show how much online purchasing dominates retail these days.

t-shirt $30
sweaters $30-$40
sweat pants $30

this isn't an "outlet" this is "here's our inventory from 2022 from north america that we couldn't sucker someone to pay us $40, you can have it for $30"

I remember when Dixie outlet first opened I bought a pair of air Jordan 31 “shattered backboard” for something like $75. Those kind of prices are never happening again.

t-shirt $30
sweaters $30-$40
sweat pants $30

TBH, in this post covid and supply chain issue environment, $30 sweater and sweatpants isn't too bad. Biggest issue here is quality of the product is def worse than 10 years ago when they'd MSRP at $30 then at outlets for $20. Thinner materials, more polyester mixed in, crappier elastics and single stitches where you don't see. Paying more for less? Only works when buying Porsches.

I miss the good ol 30% friends and family days
When any long weekends would've meant -30% hauls at Vmills guaranteed

Those survey coupons saved me a lot of money back when they were still around. Has anyone been to TPO lately? Last time I went it looked like they were closing the place down half the store was empty and moved all the merch to one side of the store

Personally, the thrill of the chase is pretty much gone for me.

Releases come, I strike out, I move on. Plus nothing's really exciting me. I feel like the last pair I bought was the Anniversary Infrared 90, and that was only because I sold my HOA's about a week prior. I don't even know when I'll be wearing them.

Yeah we've had this discussion a few times in recent years.

I'm pretty much done with sneakers. It's been that way for a few years now, but the past few months it really hit me that I don't care about it anymore. I still find excitement in seeing whats new that's coming out, marketing campaigns, etc. But the fact it's impossible to get in-demand drops now is quite the defeated feeling. And in my case the plugs I had that would hold me down on everything in recent years throughout the pandemic, now it feels like harassment if I do choose to reach out. I've never been a pay resale type of guy so it is what it is.

t-shirt $30
sweaters $30-$40
sweat pants $30

I came in here with the intentions of asking have outlets started getting solid stuff again...this answers my question. I'm guessing those days are long gone too, especially after the recent announcement that FTL will be shutting down locations across the U.S., a sign of how things will be restructured moving forward with a lot of these stores.

Right? Re-imagined 3's perfect example.

'Great, these things again...'

People always ask me advice on buying when it comes to sneakers. The main two things I tell them:

1. If it's not a shoe (or piece of clothing) you see yourself wearing in regular rotation for the next 3 years? save your money and pass (or resell it).

2. The sooner you realize JB is just going to keep recycling the same retro every few years, you'll save a lot (and possibly end up making more money) by passing on drops. Missed on the "re-imagined" AJ 3s? no worries, best believe JB is bringing it back in 3-5 years. Rinse, repeat. Throw that money into a stock or a sneaker you can make money on.

My white AJ 3s history:

- 2003 (wore those regularly) eventually sold
- 2011s (got them at FTL 50% off, never worn sold when it was confirmed 2013s are dropping)
- 2013s (never worn, listed them recently on StockX a few weeks ago)
- 2016s (Got them Toronto NBA All-Star, had the 2013s still DS so sold them)

Last edited:
Looking for new basketball shoes, anyone seen any decent ball shoes at the outlet? Last time I checked Dixie had some Jordan 36 and Giannis but not my size. TIA

The Luka 1 all red looks good too, have you guys seen any store have them?

Was at dixie yesterday nike finally picking up again only thing is , its not at clearance price saw a couple of 95s , 270s , air forces around $140-180 doesnt make sense unless its friends and family or if they offer hashwall discount ..... side note adidas across from nike has some great deals

Did anyone order Air Max 1 OG (big bubble) from Livestock online (Mar 26)? They quoted 5-7 business days for processing.
I haven't heard any updates with shipping or tracking. I've sent an email to them already (they quoted at least 7 business days to answer an email).

Last thing I managed to order from them was AM90 Infrared 2020 and that had no issues.

Did anyone order Air Max 1 OG (big bubble) from Livestock online (Mar 26)? They quoted 5-7 business days for processing.
I haven't heard any updates with shipping or tracking. I've sent an email to them already (they quoted at least 7 business days to answer an email).

Last thing I managed to order from them was AM90 Infrared 2020 and that had no issues.
I ordered them on release day. Got them on March 31st.

Passed by TPO Nike last weekend - they have ongoing renovations - the store is cut in half - selection is laughable - retail fleece - one rack of discounted clothing - the shoe wall is waist high and about 20 feet wide - men’s and women’s 😂

Passed by TPO Nike last weekend - they have ongoing renovations - the store is cut in half - selection is laughable - retail fleece - one rack of discounted clothing - the shoe wall is waist high and about 20 feet wide - men’s and women’s 😂
So about what we've come to expect from outlets over the last couple years 🤣🤣(although Dixie HAS looked better over the last few months)

Back
Top Bottom