Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Line at Uprise

It's actually double the size

20200226_123458.jpg

This is one of the worst releases in a minute. Skateshops don’t know how to handle any of this hype.

As a kid, I would have looked down on any outsiders trying to come into the skateshop just to buy some Nike shoes. But now that I’m the outsider, I can see how cringeworthy a lot of these shops are being. Worst part is they act like their F&F/team riders/regulars aren’t just gonna flip the shoes themselves.

The ego of some these shop owners are blowing up big time because of this release. Shops really trying to require a purchase to get into the raffle, when they’re only actually allocating like 5 pairs to the public. Dont waste your money on these shady antics.
They arent wrong tho. Let their regulars eat, eff all the Johnny come lately dudes that ain't coming back.

i understand shops that giving priority access to the loyal customers thats been keeping their doors open. But that shouldn't be the only option for other regular joes to try to get these. I still don't get why SNKRS is not dropping them even tho they've dropped SB's consistently.

And for shops, they're still beating over some of their vip customers. Skateshop in my city is charging their VIP customers to buy $500 worth of product for a chance at them.

there is no need for shops to feel entitled though on this release esp from what i seen from Nocturnal corny *** store

i legit have no problem if shops hook up regulars with these shoes BUT dont give me a attitude cause i want to come in and sign up for a raffle since you guys (besides ubiq) are only spot in philly receiving these.. Dont look at me like i got 10 heads cause i didnt walk in with a skateboard

all im trying to do is say whats up, sign up for my raffle and keep it moving (it just makes me feel better knowing i did my part and entered if i take the L who cares aint that deep)

i said it in the dunk thread when i went to sign up at nocturnal workers joked to the people in line who can kick flip? i said 1. Your IG says nothing bout that 2. Dont get sarcastic with me i aint here to play games just tryna sign up and leave 3. You got jays on did you dunk from the FT line to get them ?.. i dont play that **** the italian in me came out

one worker was like i cant wait to get them so i can **** on them LOL to the people waiting in line... like ok cool story my guy aint noone ask at all (he knew what he was doin)

the whole process was a joke they had you sign your name and # but with no size and they kept the ticket on the counter. They didnt even put it in a bin/basket or anything when i handed it over, and said they would call if you win to place a order

Damn pay 500 in products for a shot at em? Nah man, if I'm dropping 500 to help keep your doors open, it's gonna be a guaranteed thing that the shoes come with it. These shops acting super shady with the release. Ain't worth my time since I know my place gonna backdoor em all anyway #facts

Damn pay 500 in products for a shot at em? Nah man, if I'm dropping 500 to help keep your doors open, it's gonna be a guaranteed thing that the shoes come with it. These shops acting super shady with the release. Ain't worth my time since I know my place gonna backdoor em all anyway #facts

Yea wtf. $500 + retail $160 and you still probably have to pay resell

i understand shops that giving priority access to the loyal customers thats been keeping their doors open. But that shouldn't be the only option for other regular joes to try to get these. I still don't get why SNKRS is not dropping them even tho they've dropped SB's consistently.

And for shops, they're still beating over some of their vip customers. Skateshop in my city is charging their VIP customers to buy $500 worth of product for a chance at them.

Chance to buy nah i need the shoes as well lmao. so we talking 700 if i get the shoes and ur merch. sheesh

Man **** all that, whether you skate or not, you should have a fair shot at buying something you like, all that other **** is extra. We care about sneakers, unfortunately they’re dropping in places most of us don’t frequent, but that doesn’t mean these stores are being reasonable, or that all this is acceptable.

This is one of the worst releases in a minute. Skateshops don’t know how to handle any of this hype.

As a kid, I would have looked down on any outsiders trying to come into the skateshop just to buy some Nike shoes. But now that I’m the outsider, I can see how cringeworthy a lot of these shops are being. Worst part is they act like their F&F/team riders/regulars aren’t just gonna flip the shoes themselves.

The ego of some these shop owners are blowing up big time because of this release. Shops really trying to require a purchase to get into the raffle, when they’re only actually allocating like 5 pairs to the public. Dont waste your money on these shady antics.

Nothing to be said but this.

To be honest maybe some of the shops don't even want to carry the shoes possibly. subcultures are irked by outsiders just like we were as sneaker heads when shoes became more mainstream money makers it all comes full circle........ i mean they have no choice since they have a nike account, but if a shop has been surviving all this long.

The added stress of having to deal with the lines and people would get on my nerves.

That me though if i had to deal with every tom **** and harry all day for some dang raffle ticket knowing damn well you don't care about my passion and the fact y'all just want to flip.

it would get old. Also, i assume them shops aren't that big physically so its basically a loss day of business cause i have to have the shop filled with people to buy shoes.

man i would have been like 1 day at (insert random skate park) "if they allow it" come sign up and be done with it. i'm not flooding my shop with this.

that or and donate some clothes or food for a tix. honestly a food drive cause since the skate culture is closely related to the streets feeding the folks on the street seems like a better move 5 cans for tix. at a skate park.

Then again if i owned a shoe store that got very sought after stuff. i would hold drives all the time food clothes and etc..... for raffle tixs.

i mean we know most people there to flip so why don't you donate to food kitchen and or some kids school supplies all year round. Helping the overall community on many levels.

Crazy how the special box pair is selling for over $1,000 more than the regular box pair. A box is worth $1,000. Crazy.
I don’t get it either bro. I wonder how many special box pairs were released compared to the normal box pairs releasing this Saturday.

Hopefully heads start to skateboard and buy **** at my local now too. need all the local brick and mortar support they can get
It would be nice but you already know they wont be back until another hyped release. I used to have connections at mom and pop shops so I understand catering to consistent clientele. If I owned a shop I'd have a raffle just to collect people's info and increase my consumer base on paper while lacing all the regulars who wanted em.

Back
Top Bottom