Official True Crime Thread Vol. Wine mom culture

ghenges

Supporter
I searched and didn't find any true crime threads so here we are.

Anyone else love to immerse themselves into a juicy true crime story? Like a scandalous Dateline episode? I could literally watch court proceedings all day. The structure, language and formality of it all has always been fascinating.

Some of the more popular ones:

OJ (probably the one that started it all)
Jodi Arias
Casey Anthony
Chris Watts
Dalia Dippolito

What are some true crime stories that have roped you in?

Murder of Dank Markel (Really really good one I'm watching right now on YouTube. It has it all - rich educated people, bitter divorce, contract killing, Latin Kings). Posting the link below:

I was waiting for someone to make this thread lol I'll post some of my favorites later.

Murder of Dank Markel (Really really good one I'm watching right now on YouTube. It has it all - rich educated people, bitter divorce, contract killing, Latin Kings). Posting the link below:

Over my Dead Body podcast Season 1 was about this case. Season 2 was Joe Exotic (before nextflix docu-series, went more in depth) and Season 3 was pretty good too. Worth a listen.

Just watched this one last weekend on Netflix

MV5BYmVjZTdhODAtMDlmZC00YWE5LWFkYTItN2YzMTE2MGU4N2JmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAwNzczNTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

True crime things and the early internet days that were the Wild West def F’d me up I will say. Hearing about a killer then being able to find all the pics n video online with ease puts it in another perspective

True crime things and the early internet days that were the Wild West def F’d me up I will say. Hearing about a killer then being able to find all the pics n video online with ease puts it in another perspective

Yea I know that part of it exists but I don't want this to turn into a gore thread or a "the justice system sucks" thread. This is more about the salaciousness of the crimes - the how and the why. There are some brutal cases out there where you can't be spared the details.

I love a good interrogation video as well. This is one of my favorites:

oh that's the channel JCS Criminal Psych.Top tier stuff there. I don't know if that was the exact same channel but another was informative with a narrator as if they're teaching a class in criminal justice.

What's the phrase "you don't kill someone you just like"
As well as "hurt people hurt people"

this is a separate thing entirely

If you guys are looking for a new one to dig into that you might not heard about on HBO Max there is one called A brutal pact: the assassination of Danielle Perez.

In 1992 a Telenovela star was killed and her mom, who was a screenwriter, did her own investigative work all around Rio.

There are English subtitles of course.

And I don’t know about you but I prefer the documentary approach to these true crimes instead of reenactments like the staircase which is also on HBO Max with Colin Firth

Yea the staircase was a good doc. Didn’t eem check for the series.

Thing about Pam was a good dateline episode/podcast. The series they did with Renee Zellweger was bad bad.

The Jinx on HBO is my all time favorite docuseries.

I feel like consuming this kind of content on a frequent basis is bad for your spirit

Back
Top Bottom