OFFICIAL TYLER, THE CREATOR THREAD: IGOR OUT NOW!

The mixing on this is atrocious. I'm sure it's on purpose but damn man I can't make out the vocals on half the songs.
Don't attempt listening on apple headphones or a subpar system.

That being said, SMUCKERS :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
First spin last night and I wasn't really feeling it. I'll give it some more time as I often don't love things on the first spin.

Had me questioning if I'm just outgrowing Tyler though, a lot of it felt like the same immature Tyler making songs that all sound like a combination of his old music/NERD.

Smuckers tho..... It's like I jumped in a time machine. Kanye sounds like 04 Kanye, love it.

I'll listen to this in a few but I feel like dude was at his best on Bastard. Aint care for Goblin & Wolf at all really. I still gotta couple songs from each project left

Finally listened through the whole thing... It's... interesting. Gonna def need to play it through a few more times to get the full feel of it. 

After first listen I really like Buffalo, Find Your Wings, 2Seater, The Brownstains, ******* Young/Perfect, Smuckers...

Last edited:
Sounds like someone on ADD produced this. You gotta appreciate Tyler to like this album. Like if I introduced this album to someone's that never heard of Tyler I doubt they'd like anything on here. He definitely tried to be different with this album ie Kanye - yeezus album.

A few songs I like... Deathcamp, buffalo, cherry bomb, and smukers.

You gotta appreciate Tyler to like this album. Like if I introduced this album to someone's that never heard of Tyler I doubt they'd like anything on here. He definitely tried to be different with this album ie Kanye - yeezus album.

Agreed. 

Second half of Find Your Wings is crazy.

As said, the mixing is pretty awful. Makes it hard to pay attention to anything other than the production, at times. Album is cool though.

Sounds like someone on ADD produced this. You gotta appreciate Tyler to like this album. Like if I introduced this album to someone's that never heard of Tyler I doubt they'd like anything on here. He definitely tried to be different with this album ie Kanye - yeezus album.

More like ie Death Grips, Tyler said somebody just put him on to them

I see what you're saying tho Yeezus is like BLACKIE-lite and BLACKIE was definitely an influence on DG's sound

KANYE SNAPPED KJKL :JEJG IOEWG EJIGOPEW GE

But yea alot of it sounds distorted. I guess on purpose

Tyler is definitely my favorite artists of all time. At this point, he's more of a musician than a rapper. Self-production, plays instruments, scores music, creates own art, radio, app, fashion, etc. This man is a true artist.

Finally listened through the whole thing... It's... interesting. Gonna def need to play it through a few more times to get the full feel of it. 

After first listen I really like Buffalo, Find Your Wings, 2Seater, The Brownstains, ******* Young/Perfect, Smuckers...

I was really looking for an album that will tie in my theory of Wolf--Bastard-Goblin but. Cherry Bomb sounds totally different and I like it. It's soulful but still Tyler.I remember watching interviews he was saying he loves Stevie Wonder and wants to sing but can't because of his voice.
Like said above you have to like Tyler to appreciate this album. He's moved up the ranks among my favorite artist I wish he made more music instead of every two years but it is what it is. I wonder what's up with the movie hints from the video and songs from the album I'd love to see a trilogy of the 1st 3 albums

******* Young/Perfect is that groove though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
YUP!

After giving it 3 or 4 more spins... This album is really dope imo.

I'm feeling it a lot. Only a few track that are meh to me. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom