Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Originally Posted by superswag

Congrats to Team USA! Durant is a beast!

I think this same team can win the gold in 2012. They deserve to represent the USA for thir commitment and scarifices. I hope they send them all!

we might be in the minority...  but I'm for this too 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by superswag

Congrats to Team USA! Durant is a beast!

I think this same team can win the gold in 2012. They deserve to represent the USA for thir commitment and scarifices. I hope they send them all!

we might be in the minority...  but I'm for this too 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by bonafide101

I made a 2012 Olympic team real quick,
paul
deron
rose
kobe
wade
durant
lebron
melo
howard
boozer
bosh Cant figure out a 12th player tho... Stoudemire? Rondo? Lee? Roy?

Edit: ^ Mhmm..didnt think about Kobe sitting it out.. he just might, he would be a lil up there in age by then...lol
i'm pretty sure boozer won't be there.

Paul
Deron
Durant
Bryant
Wade
James
Bosh
Anthony
Howard

those 9 are locks in my book for 2012.
things missing from this team (still): perimeter shooting, interior presence offensively and defensively.
maybe Noah, B. Lopez, Iguodala, Curry, Westbrook, Gordon, Love will make the team to round out the roster.
DeMarcus Cousins, Brandon Roy, David Lee,Evan Turner and Lamarcus Aldridge has a chance to make it to the next summer games in London.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KD, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook will be the holdovers from FIBA World Championship roster.
Kobe will be the team captain along with Wade, D-Howard from 2008 Olympics champion roster

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by bonafide101

I made a 2012 Olympic team real quick,
paul
deron
rose
kobe
wade
durant
lebron
melo
howard
boozer
bosh Cant figure out a 12th player tho... Stoudemire? Rondo? Lee? Roy?

Edit: ^ Mhmm..didnt think about Kobe sitting it out.. he just might, he would be a lil up there in age by then...lol
i'm pretty sure boozer won't be there.

Paul
Deron
Durant
Bryant
Wade
James
Bosh
Anthony
Howard

those 9 are locks in my book for 2012.
things missing from this team (still): perimeter shooting, interior presence offensively and defensively.
maybe Noah, B. Lopez, Iguodala, Curry, Westbrook, Gordon, Love will make the team to round out the roster.
DeMarcus Cousins, Brandon Roy, David Lee,Evan Turner and Lamarcus Aldridge has a chance to make it to the next summer games in London.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KD, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook will be the holdovers from FIBA World Championship roster.
Kobe will be the team captain along with Wade, D-Howard from 2008 Olympics champion roster

Jennings miffed at Team USA slight

Brandon Jennings established himself as one of the NBA’s top young guards last season, but that wasn’t enough for him to get invited to try out for the U.S. world championship team like fellow rookies Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry.

Jennings thinks he knows one of the factors why. Evans and Curry both wear Nike, Team USA’s big sponsor. Jennings wears Under Armour shoes.

“It’s not my call. That’s on them,

Brandon Jennings established himself as one of the NBA’s top young guards last season, but that wasn’t enough for him to get invited to try out for the U.S. world championship team like fellow rookies Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry.

Jennings thinks he knows one of the factors why. Evans and Curry both wear Nike, Team USA’s big sponsor. Jennings wears Under Armour shoes.

Jennings does have international experience. But no need to complain now since the US just won. If he continues to improve in the NBA, he will have a chance to try out. Unless his perceived reputation = no chance. Word to Cousins.

Jennings does have international experience. But no need to complain now since the US just won. If he continues to improve in the NBA, he will have a chance to try out. Unless his perceived reputation = no chance. Word to Cousins.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by PMatic

pimp.gif
nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

Jennings does have international experience.  
son balled in Italy for a year?! Plus, didnt he play on the U-17 team?

I was also surprised that Jennings wasnt invited. 

There was a thread from 2 years ago when I said dont be surprised if Jennings is selected. He's going to be on the olympic team. I said it first.

pimp.gif
nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

Jennings does have international experience.  
son balled in Italy for a year?! Plus, didnt he play on the U-17 team?

I was also surprised that Jennings wasnt invited. 

There was a thread from 2 years ago when I said dont be surprised if Jennings is selected. He's going to be on the olympic team. I said it first.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He wouldn't have made it regardless since his jumper is still shaky.
BJ3's jumper > Westbrook. I agree he probably wouldn't have made the team but my man couldn't even get an invite? I agree with his statement.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He wouldn't have made it regardless since his jumper is still shaky.
BJ3's jumper > Westbrook. I agree he probably wouldn't have made the team but my man couldn't even get an invite? I agree with his statement.

Back
Top Bottom