**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

marionthebarberian wrote:

one thing you can say about Bornstein is that you can see improvement from him every game since the el salvador game in salt lake.
I feel what you're saying but, improving every game doesn't mean much now. Bornstein cost us a goal in qualifying when he cleared the ball over his head over his own box
eyes.gif

He's constantly on his back foot, he has no countering ability at all. I just don't think he's good enough to play at this level.

Yesterday he cost us a PK right before half, and damn near another PK b/c of a handball in the box. 

Carlos, DeMerit, Gooch, Spector............Pearce = sub

im not saying he should start, but atleast he has been showing improvement. Its just that he has one or two mental lapses each game lol.

News on Stu is that he has a broken leg and will miss 6 weeks.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

marionthebarberian wrote:
News on Stu is that he has a broken leg and will miss 6 weeks.
SMH. 
So is Jozy wearing 12 for the World Cup? Or will he go back to 17?

Jozy confirmed on his twitter that he will be going back to 17.

Am I the only guy here that actually likes Sacha?  I'm a big fan of Robbie Rogers too and he's been getting alot of hate recently.

As far as the game, I think DMB had a HUGE game.  I had almost counted him out for June, but now he's definitely right back in there.  Stu was lookin real good before that injury (should have been a card) so I'm hopin he gets fit.

Not a bad game...i mean it was the Neatherlands
grin.gif
(2nd team i support)

via UMSNT blog

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Post Game Quote Sheet: U.S. MNT vs Netherlands[/h1]

Print

Subscribe to RSS

Email This

March 3, 2010

U.S. Men’s National Team Head Coach BOB BRADLEY

On the tonight's match against the Netherlands:
“Certainly it was a good test for us and I think overall the team played well. The collective effort was pretty solid. There were moments where it needed to be sharper, quicker and better and we still need to raise the bar. Late in the game it was nice to see a good push. We had the ability to move the ball forward get people running off it and we created some good opportunities. We take a lot from the game.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

^

It was a one time thing, very very very very hard to get.
got ya. Thanks.

Prolly just gonna get the blue one then. I saw you copped the blue one in Dallas. What store do you normally go to?

I got to premier soccer store off on royal lane and harry hines, i went yersterday and the last size I saw was a xxl.

Stu had surgery today.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Anyone know when these red kits will be available to buy?

Those ones were the "Don't Tread On Me" kits from 06 and are impossible to find.

These ones are the new kit and should be available this summer:
USMNTshirt.jpg

Originally Posted by rockforlight

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Landy scores again.

Will Everton keep him? Is Chelski really making a bid???

http://www.goal.com/en-us...as-manchester-united-eye

It's been such a perfect fit for Landon in Everton. Hate all you want, but he's been balling.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks that he dogged Beckham, otherwise he could possibly stay longer with the Toffees.
Don't think it has anything to do with Beckham.  LD has shown commitment to the MLS for almost his entire career.  He's earned the right to leave.  

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Landon Donovan to Chelsea rumors.

pimp.gif

Ehhhhh.... %$%@ Chelsea, but I hope Donovan gets to do it big on that squad.

Tim Howard Thinks Jermaine Jones Fits In Well With The USA
The former German international seems to have made a positive impression while training with the USA.
By Goal.com
Mar 9, 2010 3:08:00 PM
Buzz It
Jermaine Jones of Eintracht Frankfurt against Paul Freier of Bayer Leverkusen (AFP)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Jermaine Jones of Eintracht Frankfurt against Paul Freier of Bayer Leverkusen (AFP)
Related Links
Teams

* USA

Players

* Jones Jermaine
* Tim Howard

The name Jermaine Jones has floated around US soccer circles ever since the thrice capped German midfielder made the decision to switch his nationality to the USA, at least in terms of soccer.

While the name circled and brought about hopes and dreams of a powerful midfield heading into 2010, the reality was much harsher. Jones was injured and that injury, along with complications during his rehab process, have kept the Schalke star from seeing any time on the pitch for the USA to date.

Last week news that Jones was in camp with the USA ahead of their clash with the Netherlands was encouraging for those who still harbor hopes of him joining Bob Bradley's side when they head to South Africa this summer and it seems that the former Eintracht Frankfurt star made a positive impression on USA 'keeper Tim Howard.

"I think he fits in really well with the team," Howard told SI.com. "He's got a lot of tattoos, he likes his music. I think he's a perfect fit for us. And, by the way, he's a fantastic player from what I hear."

Though Jones was still not fit enough to step onto the field and show his full worth to the squad, Howard said that he would be a welcome addition to the squad when he is ready to step on the pitch.

"It's an easy team to come into," he said. "Guys are welcomed with open arms, and we've heard great things about him. It was good to finally have him around."

Get more on the US National Team with Goal.com's dedicated page.

^ pretty damn good considering the burn he's been getting during the cups and recent friendlies.

pimp.gif
CD9 back practicing.
[h1]Charlie Davies Aims To Be Playing For Sochaux By End Of April[/h1] [h2]The young forward is confounding doctors with the speed his recovery is going at. He is targeting a return to les Lionceaux’s first team by the conclusion of the campaign.[/h2] [h3]By Robin Bairner[/h3] [h4]Mar 12, 2010 8:21:00 AM[/h4]

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...For Sochaux By End Of April - Goal.com&src=sp

50796_news.jpg

Photo Gallery

Zoom

2009 FIFA Confederations Cup: Charlie Davies, Egypt - United States (PA)
[h4]Related Links[/h4] [h4]Teams[/h4] Charlie Davies has targeted the end of April as a potential comeback date for Sochaux after suffering a terrible car accident last October that instantly killed one of the passengers in the vehicle he was travelling in.

The American international star had a lengthy list of injuries but is well on the comeback trail, training vigorously and nursing only a problem with his left elbow.

“I think doctors are a little impressed,

New exhibition vs. Australia announced, June 5th.

link
[h1][/h1]
[h1]U.S. to Face Australia on June 5 in Roodepoort, South Africa[/h1]
02191FCB3684469783252C2DF25D90FB.ashx

CHICAGO (March 15, 2010) — The United States will play Australia on June 5 in Roodepoort, South Africa, one week before playing its first match of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Kickoff at Ruimsig Stadium in suburban Johannesburg is set for 2:30 p.m. local time (8:30 a.m. ET), and the match will be broadcast live on ESPN2. Fans can also follow along live on ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker and at twitter.com/ussoccer.

"The match against Australia gives us a great opportunity challenge the team a week before our opening match of the World Cup,

Back
Top Bottom