Official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games (Sports Forum) Thread!

Pics of Nelly Furtado please, she was looking so amazing...the things id do to that woman
smh.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

ceremonies sucked after the atheletes came in. canada has no culture and just dragged it out as long as they could.
and they did the great one dirty making him chill in that truck getting soaked for that long

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Anyone see those 12 year olds in the hot tub and dudes taking body shots.... not a good look for ctv

when was that?
Originally Posted by f3DJam

ceremonies sucked after the atheletes came in. canada has no culture and just dragged it out as long as they could.
and they did the great one dirty making him chill in that truck getting soaked for that long

and the fact that two of the five cauldrons inside BC Place didn't come up because of hydraulic issues.  looks bad in part of VANOC

Say word Canada, you can't get things right after planning for 10 years and spending 40 million? Now you know why we call you America Jr.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Say word Canada, you can't get things right after planning for 10 years and spending 40 million? Now you know why we call you America Jr.
So America would plan for 20 years, spend $80 million, and fail on a greater scale?

^you cant even try to rip them man smh

canada messed up bigtime. rookie mistake

chris boshs neck wrote:
Anyone see those 12 year olds in the hot tub and dudes taking body shots.... not a good look for ctv
Yeah. I caught that.

Its MuchMusic, that was terrible in my opinion. I'm sitting here with my boys and were going, "this has nothing to do with the games.."

They eventually cut out during a competition of taking off their clothes for beer. And went back to James Duthie in the booth.

Terrible for ctv.

And within regards to the olympic cauldron at fault. Just wow, I had to tune into NBC to see what Bob Costas would say 
laugh.gif

Man.. Only Canada would choke at these small things. Word to Perdita Felicien, sorry.

Say word Canada, you can't get things right after planning for 10 yearsand spending 40 million? Now you know why we call you America Jr.
Let's keep that kind of stuff out of this thread.  Not like "we" don't have our share of mistakes/problems/embarrassment

Can't wait for hockey

who was the canadian chick with long black hair during the parade? she was fiyaaaa
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DublBagn

How do they judge this ski jump?
Style Points. In Olympic and FIS competition each individual jump is divided into three phases - flight, landing, and outrun (outrun is after the landing until stopping). A perfect jump receives a maximum of 20 points.
During the three phases, a set of five judges deduct points based on the theoretical perfect style for each phase. For flight and landing style a judge can deduct no more than 5 points, and for outrun style no more than 7 points can be deducted. Deductions can be in half point increments. The highest and the lowest judged number are discarded, and the three remaining are totaled for a jumper's style point. 

Distance Points. In Olympic and FIS competition there are two jumping hills - the large hill and the normal hill. The size of each hill is related to an arbitrary K-point (or spot) on the hill. A large hill has a K point over 100 meters and a normal hill has a K point of 75 - 99 meters. A 120 meter (large hill) jumping competition has a K point of 120 meters, while a 90 meter (normal hill) jumping competition has a K point of 90 meters.

In each competition, a jumper receives 60 distance points if he reaches the K spot. Points are either added for exceeding the K point or deducted for not reaching it. In the large hill competition, every meter over or under the K point adds or subtracts 1.8 distance points, on the normal hill the factor is 2 distance points. Measurement of the individual jump distance is from edge of the take-off ramp to forward point of the jumper's landing, measured to the half meter. 

I'm late for tonight but the large hill competition is next week.

Ahonen 4th for the third time in his olympic carreer. Hope he'll get that medal he probably made the comeback for
ohwell.gif

The opening ceremonies were pretty decent, probably because I watched it on a PVR and could fast forward a lot of it. The stuff with the orcas, skating, and trees was pretty cool. They dragged out all of that *@++ with people on wires way too long. Having to do so much stuff in French ruined it a bit too, not that they could've avoided it. They should've done the whole Native thing a bit different too. The lip syncing to all of the music was pretty poor too. Still, considering the budget, it wasn't that bad of an opening.

The Ski Jump was exciting, the Swiss dude at the end came and made a massive jump to win it.

Some of these female speed skaters are packing some serious junk in the trunk
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

We need to post some vids and pics when they are up.

That was crazy. Koreans screwed that up for each other.

Back
Top Bottom