Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

I still like Monta and wouldn't be opposed to keeping him, but if we move him, we better move him for a quality big. Who's available right now that's a quality big? I don't know yet, but I'm sure they'll emerge when teams miss out on big FA this summer and look for a scorer like Monta in return.

I feel that our backcourt can be good, but on the defensive side, we still give up size. We can sort of remedy that by getting our bigs back... or in a perfect world, acquire even better bigs than we have now, but that is likely not going to happen. For the most part, we're going to be stuck with Andris as our starting center.

Defense can get better once we get a Jeff Van Gundy-like coach here who will actually stress real defense, not a gimmick defense like Nelson uses. Once defense is stressed at the top, it should trickle down to the players.

I still think the current backcourt can work. I don't really understand why Nellie hasn't went to the 3-2 more often that he used a couple of years ago with an undersized team. In terms of a gimmick defense, that actually worked for the most part.

In terms of off-season moves, moving Maggette and Biedrins should be our priority. I wouldn't mind taking potential (ugh) over a proven center, like a DeAndre Jordan or Javale Mcgee. The current backcourt gives us a chance to beat a lot of teams, the problem is it also gives a lot of teams a chance to beat us. Still, from the second half of the season on, I've only seen Monta get torched by opposing SG's and some SF's by sheer laziness, like letting Salmons take free 3s over and over. I don't think we've overrated his defense against top talent, he's just terrible against middle of the road type scorers.

edit: oh and if we don't get a top3 pick, i would be fine with packaging it for a proven center also.

Im still baffled at why this management wouldnt move CJ for a first round pick + Anthony Johnson during the offseason.

and you guys are trying to get a headstart so that you can attempt to pass the knicks off season thread huh?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Im still baffled at why this management wouldnt move CJ for a first round pick + Anthony Johnson during the offseason.

Baffled.  Id still love an explanation.  

IMO, if our draft pick CANT be used on Cousins or Turner, the pick should be packaged and traded.

I hope the new jerseys are nice. I waited to buy a Curry authentic to get signed because I knew new jerseys were coming.

I just got back from the hospital not too long ago. My grandma was there for a little over 2 weeks. She was finally able to get discharged and come home.

Yeah, she's doing better now. She still has treatment to go through, but at least she's home. I was visiting everyday, even when I would work the night before. I was so tired every day.

Glad to hear things are getting better Paul.

Warriors' new jerseys better look nice...
grin.gif

Oh yea, and just a quick update to anyone who cares.

Ya boy is a working man now. I love the S.F. financial district. I will be working for the next year and probably reapply to law school for the 2010 cycle. I was pretty sad for a whole five minutes when I got rejected from Santa Clara. Hopefully relevant job experience will revamp my application next year. Woot.

Lazy, did you take your LSATs yet?

At least you got a job, work experience will definitely help.

I'm still looking for a job
ohwell.gif
, but I've applied to a lot of companies recently, so hopefully I'll get some interviews/offers.

Keep your head up, Andrew. Job experience should help when you reapply.

acid, how's the job market for engineers? Is it hard to find a job?

Since we're talking about jobs now... 715, how's your job search going?

I actually turned down a job offer today. Couldn't fully commit to Home Health - still have my sights set on working at a hospital.

I've been applying to jobs in the Midwest, Texas, and various East Coast locations.

Went out drinking in the financial district today ... love me some business women!

congrats Andrew630

speaking of which.. as of April 15 2010 I'm a WINGMAN as a part of the US Air Force (Delayed Entry Program)

It's fairly rough, there aren't a lot of new entry-level positions, a lot of the job openings I've searched for require 5-10 years working experience and I don't have that yet. But I'm optimistic because a lot of companies just recently put stuff up, and I got a few family connections that I might have a better chance at.

any thoughts on keeping this thread to warriors related conversation. sounds like you guys have wonderful things going on in your lives, but keep that to IM, email or your blogs.

Back
Top Bottom