Official What Are You Reading / Book reviews / Questions about books Thread

I don't think there's a book thread so I figured we might as well make one. I'm sure there's a good amount of NTers that do some leisurereading and thought why not make a thread and see how well it goes. I've been doing some more leisure reading in the past year and I'm currently goingdown the list of Nick Hornby books.

Has anyone read High Fidelity? How well did the movie do the book justice because I've seen the movie several times and I'm wondering if the book isworth the read or should I just move on to my next book?

And has anyone read Chuck Palahniuk Pygmy yet? I didn't know this book had been released and I've been a bit disappointed by the last two Palahniukbooks I've read (Rant and Invisible Monster). What are your thoughts on the book?

The Odyssey.......

I actually just finished it and i've got to admit,

story was
pimp.gif

Except the ending.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Right now I'm reading "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" by Tucker Max. I'm 1/4 of the way thru the book, and so far it's hilarious....

Can anyone recommend me some comedy novels?

I want a book that goes right into the comedy
laugh.gif

please, none of that Chuck Norris crap...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by northparkblind

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

Not really a "comedy" but check out A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. It implements a good amount of sarcasm and witty remarks.

The Phantom of the Opera... mad late for some reason... it was on my list of classics i havent read..
i bought it like 5 months ago.. finally opened it last night.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

things-they-carried.jpg
Great choice, easily his best work to date.

I'm actually indecisive about what to start next. I finished The Road, but I can't decide between:
In Cold Blood
Death in the Afternoon
and the Selected Poems of William Carlos Williams

I also have Less Than Zero, but I'll sit on that for a bit longer.

So I stopped reading High Fidelity (for now) because there was nothing new left to discover whilst reading. The movie truly did the book justice. Moved on toHow To Be Good by Nick Hornby. Any other Hornby readers?

Originally Posted by northparkblind

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk has some great dark comedy to go along with a great story. Great all around book, I'd check it out if I was you.

Just got

Mr.Nice but won't start until I finish Devil in the White City

super excited about Mr.Nice

I have been reading a book a week lately. I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull last week because a customer recommended it to me and I just purchased Freakonomics on my Kindle today. Next week I am going to read A Thousand Splendid Suns

Back
Top Bottom