Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

great thread, pics of Mariah in those XI boots
nerd.gif
devil.gif

Has it been confirmed that Mike never wore the black/red I's in a game?

I have yet to see an image of him wearing them in a game (I know he did in the dunk contest).

I thought it was always rumored that he wore the Big Nike High with red along the lace holes and not the Air Jordan.

Can anyone in this post confirm that? I would love to see him with the black/red ones because Nike's whole marketing campaign surrounded them, but I've never seen him with them on in a game.

This is great to see. I love seeing pictures with MJ wearing heat. Nice thread! Keep them pictures coming!!!

Originally Posted by luxurious24

sick thread, they need to go back to wearing their team jerseys in the allstar games, the nba was far more exciting in the 90's than it is now

QFT....I still watch the NBA but I don't watch as often as I did back in the 90's. Jordan and the rest of the league just made for great entertainment every night, and I just don't find the same kind of excitement with today's league.

Wow, I never knew he wore Cool Grey IX's in game with the Wizards. That's the only shoe in this entire thread I never knew he wore. Awesome!

RyGuy45 - The pictures of Jordan as a rookie in the White/Red and all White kicks are Nike Air Ships.

And that All-Star '88 picture has him wearing Cement IIIs with his All-Star uniform. He wore them for the team portrait, but I'm not sure if the portrait was taken on Saturday night (as the banner would suggest), or pre-game on Sunday, as they do now. I would think it was done on Sunday, and maybe the "Saturday Night" banner was just left up from the previous night. As you can see Moses Malone standing beside him in full uniform, and Larry Bird on the opposite baseline wearing his All-Star uniform, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he shot around in his White/Cements, then switched out of them. All speculation, though...

24y4etl.jpg

^ Nice find, makes sense.

Crazy how many "new" pics you see when you think you have seen em all!

Real talk, i've never even heard of the "Air Ship" until today.

Just when you think you know it all...

Thanks again everybody for schooling everyone! New and old.

eek.gif
WoW!! this is a very very very nice thread
smile.gif

Reminds me of growing up watching as much games I can.. ahhh!! those wore the days
happy.gif

All I do, School and watch Jordan play on TV...
ohwell.gif

I'm just counting the Air Jordans, but correct me there are suppose to be 26 AJ right?
the 2's were a year late? or is it because Jordan was injured the whole year?

when and where did he wore the Flint XIII's, and French Blue 12's?

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

I'm just counting the Air Jordans, but correct me there are suppose to be 26 AJ right?
the 2's were a year late? or is it because Jordan was injured the whole year?

when and where did he wore the Flint XIII's, and French Blue 12's?

You're correct. The Air Jordan II's came out during his 3rd season. I doubt that it was due to his broken foot the 2nd year, because he still wore I's in the 86 Playoffs...

To answer your 2nd question, MJ never wore Flint XIII's or French Blue XII's. ALOT of people thought he wore them during the All Star Games in 97 and 98, but that was simply not the case. Hopefully this post will clear that up along with the pics provided.

Back
Top Bottom