Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

It's not MJ but this was an original promo ad of the FPOBA that found its way into a Youtube vid
Will Smith is rocking OG FireRed 5s on his right foot, OG Metallic 5s on his left foot

I have a feeling thats true, although he wore steels once im hoping someone somewhere can help. Being OG usually he has em on feet once somewhere.... But it was ages ago

Wow!! Repped hard!! Thanks man! Theres got to be more. Thanks again

Not a problem...Like I said, I'm sure some other NT'rs have some other pictures...Figure if it was an OG color-up then MJ likely wore them at some point...Be it casual, for practice or whatever...

Not a problem...Like I said, I'm sure some other NT'rs have some other pictures...Figure if it was an OG color-up then MJ likely wore them at some point...Be it casual, for practice or whatever...

Yeh i thought the same. Promoting it somehow

^dont know exactly, but he started in the Air Ship, the actual "banned" sneaker, and he wore the "Chicago" AJI in the all star game and they released in march 85.

^dont know exactly, but he started in the Air Ship, the actual "banned" sneaker, and he wore the "Chicago" AJI in the all star game and they released in march 85.
Great info!

I didn't know that the actual "banned" sneaker was the Air Ship. So, we know for certain that he wore the AJI at the All Star Game (February 10, 1985).

Is there any evidence he was playing in the AJI in 1984 or just 85?

I've already watched a fair bit of game footage, but it's so hard to tell the difference because the quality is so low. Will watch more.

Great info!

I didn't know that the actual "banned" sneaker was the Air Ship. So, we know for certain that he wore the AJI at the All Star Game (February 10, 1985).

I've already watched a fair bit of game footage, but it's so hard to tell the difference because the quality is so low. Will watch more.

check my posts a couple pages back...covered this with all the info I've been able to find...always searching for more though...

Does anyone know the exact date that MJ started wearing 1s in his rookie season?

Great info!

Is there any evidence he was playing in the AJI in 1984 or just 85?

Might be hard trying to pin down the first game MJ started wearing the 1's but he did wear them in 1984...In fact that fairly well circulated picture of him wearing the "Black Toes" lying on his back stretching was taken on November 21st, 1984...It was in warm ups for a game against the Bucks...

Like I said though the very first game may be a little hard to determine...

Last edited:
Also while I'm in here...Overheard a couple of cats arguing about MJ "flossin" the Columbia XI's during a regular season game in the 95'-96' season while I was at a local spot picking up some new sneakers for the little Vegetaray...I didn't get involved since I didn't know either guy but it did get me looking at some old stuff I had when I got home...

While I'm fairly certain he never actually wore them in game (Aside from the All Star Game of course) I can't be 100%...

I'm saying he didn't rock them in game but well...

...He did wear them with the Bulls uni at some point...Even if it was just for a photo shoot of a cardboard cutout of himself...

Last edited:
Also while I'm in here...Overheard a couple of cats arguing about MJ "flossin" the Columbia XI's during a regular season game in the 95'-96' season while I was at a local spot picking up some new sneakers for the little Vegetaray...I didn't get involved since I didn't know either guy but it did get me looking at some old stuff I had when I got home...

While I'm fairly certain he never actually wore them in game (Aside from the All Star Game of course) I can't be 100%...

I'm saying he didn't rock them in game but well...

...He did wear them with the Bulls uni at some point...Even if it was just for a photo shoot of a cardboard cutout of himself...

Yes, mj wore the columbias for a Chicago Bulls group photo but never been spotted to wear them in a regular season game. Similar case like the black/royal 18 which he only wore for commercial and allstar game photoshoot (with yao ming for instance) but switched back to the white/royals which was kinda lame.

Great info!

I went and checked as well, the latest game in 84 that I found was 11/30 and he was in air ships, and the next one was 2/1/85 against the sixers and he was wearing the 1s

I went and checked as well, the latest game in 84 that I found was 11/30 and he was in air ships, and the next one was 2/1/85 against the sixers and he was wearing the 1s

Might be hard trying to pin down the first game MJ started wearing the 1's but he did wear them in 1984...In fact that fairly well circulated picture of him wearing the "Black Toes" lying on his back stretching was taken on November 21st, 1984...It was in warm ups for a game against the Bucks...

Like I said though the very first game may be a little hard to determine...

^^^

This Picture is the one I was referring too...

Far back as I've been able to track is this game in 1984 with the Black Toe 1's...Always searching though...

^Are those pre-game warm ups or just shoot-around? because why would he wear 1s that game and go back to Air Ships at all?

game from 11/30/1984 against the Clippers in all white Air Ships

pic in white Air Ships

^Are those pre-game warm ups or just shoot-around? because why would he wear 1s that game and go back to Air Ships at all?

game from 11/30/1984 against the Clippers in all white Air Ships

pic in white Air Ships

Looks like a shoot-around...just by looking at all the clothes that everyone is wearing...

JM

Back
Top Bottom