Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

So Jordan wore the 1's against the Knicks in 98. Was it common for him to wear older models during games? Thought he always wore the model of that year.

81443518.jpg
94734642.jpg

So Jordan wore the 1's against the Knicks in 98. Was it common for him to wear older models during games? Thought he always wore the model of that year.

81443518.jpg
94734642.jpg
While he was a Chicago bull, that was the only time he wore a past model shoe. When he came back with Washington, he began to break out his retros more often.

81443518.jpg
94734642.jpg

All during that season MJ made it known that he was considering retirement for a second time...This is because it was an open secret that Jerry Krause was going to break up the core of the team at seasons end...Mike didn't want to go through rebuilding a team again and stated many times during the season that he would commit to another year if the team was kept in tact...

When this game took place Phil Jackson, Luc Langley, and Rodman were all rumored to be out of Chicago at the end of the season...Pippen was absolutely going to be leaving...

Long story short, it was basically a sure bet that Chicago would be starting from scratch the next season and this pushed Mike to retirement...Again...

So this game, at the time, was going to be Mikes last game at Madison Square Garden, which he considered a special place all through his career...He would of course play here again but only after un-retiring again, and as a member of the Washington Wizards...This was his final game at the Garden as a Chicago Bull...He wore the 1's to mark the occasion

Video of the game highlights...Skip to about 3:20 for the stuff on the shoes...

anybody know if MJ has ever worn the 5 red fire - silver tongue and 5 black metallic silver without 23 on the side panel in a NBA game?

Last edited:
Been saying this for years...Playoff lows with the mesh 3m side panel would be fantastic as well...
Absolutely.

I settled for the black cat release last year, even though it gives the shoe a mean matte look ... I wasn’t a huge fan of the entire shoe being primarily nubuck.

Now this was the REAL deal that he wore and never released in ‘98 that I’ve been dying to see for years. Leather, 3M and that sole pops so much with the blacked out upper and pods.

I feel like I’ve seen it once but I’m not sure. Does anyone have a pic of Michael in the Military Blue 4’s. I believe it was either a workout pic or practice pic I saw. One of the few OG colorways that are hard to find MJ on feet pics of...

^^^^

I think he was asking about the 3M tongue pair...

I’m getting old now but I can’t recall off the top of my head if he actually wore them without the 23 stitching...

^^^^

I think he was asking about the 3M tongue pair...

I’m getting old now but I can’t recall off the top of my head if he actually wore them without the 23 stitching...

He never wore any of the Vs without the 23 on Court.

He wore the playoff V with 23 on the side, and in some games he had white laces on them (which IMO looked better)

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but what is Mike wearing here from this game of one v one at Bulls practice circa ‘99/‘00?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom