Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by hyperkim

Nice thread! good to see MJ wearing those lows. including aj2s! unbelievable! (so technically he was the first one to use low top sneaker/version in a game?)

hmmmmnn.. was it the jumpman swift 6 (eddie jones sig) he wore in one of his instructional videos (teaching fadeaway jumpers)? many thanks!
laugh.gif
not by a looooooooooooong shot. Here's a pair of 1950's game used Converse low tops (Gene Conley, Boston Celtics) I used to own..

Gene-Conleys-shoes-306x203.jpg
nice, but wrong topic ^^

So, did Jordan wore any "Nike Big" at some point? Well, i say Nike Big, but is it the name of the High top with "NIKE" wrote on the back? Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by ebpo

So, did Jordan wore any "Nike Big" at some point? Well, i say Nike Big, but is it the name of the High top with "NIKE" wrote on the back? Thanks guys!

Sir Charles wore those during his stint with the Sixers...

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

BTW, are you an owner of the "free throw line dunk" poster?
It is on this poster that the friend of mine claimed to have seen the Jumpman on the IIIs as appearing to be grey.

My answer to him was that perhaps he had a bootleg and the color wasn't as vibrant on it as the real edition with the silver border made by Nike.
As ijapino confirmed, it was red. Here's another picture, but from the semis (assuming he didn't change shoes between the semis and final round)
359mm34.jpg

For the list: here's a shot from the 1988-89 season. I don't know what shoe it is.
2pz0krt.jpg

As for the Air Ship's, I have a few pictures of him with them. But the only colour I can confirm to not be during pre-season is white/red away against Phoenix, away against Milwaukee and home against New York.
There is an all white one during an away game, but no indication against whom they were playing and if it was pre-season or not.
There's also a newspaper scan of him wearing black ones away against New York, which is probably from one of their two pre-season games away against them. 

One of my favorite threads on NT. Sorry, no pics to contribute, but thanks to those who are doing so.

did mj wear the low versions of this? sorry guys i didnt follow the whole thread but i saw the pics of black red white lows that looks diff from the lows on the 2nd pic? somebody correct me

mj19849338.jpg

air-jordan-retro-2-low-white-red.jpg

and to name this shoes 

2pz0krt.jpg

its the nike air alpha force 1 1988 version

alphaforce75e.jpg

question:
when did MJ wore his AJ VI carmines and when his white/deep infareds?
was it second half of the 1990/1991 when he wore the white/deep infared VI?
and the carmine VI in the first half of 1991(1992 NBA season?

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

did mj wear the low versions of this? sorry guys i didnt follow the whole thread but i saw the pics of black red white lows that looks diff from the lows on the 2nd pic? somebody correct me

mj19849338.jpg

air-jordan-retro-2-low-white-red.jpg

and to name this shoes 

2pz0krt.jpg

its the nike air alpha force 1 1988 version

alphaforce75e.jpg
look closer at the pic, MJ is wearing the white/red AJ II. The original AJ II lows looked much different at the heel.
It was similar like the XIV lows heading very up at the back of the heel, while the AJ II retros from late 2005

had a re-designed ankle part which looked more conventional.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

question:
90-91 Wore White/Fire Red V's thru All Star Break. Wore Black/Infrared VI's in ASG. Finished regular season wearing White/infared VI's. Black/infrared VI's in the Post Season.

91-92 Wore Carmine VI's thru All Star Break. Bordeux VII's in ASG. Finished regular season wearing White/red VII's. Black/red VII's in Post Season. Olympic VII's in Barcelona

Originally Posted by ijapino

question:
90-91 Wore White/Fire Red V's thru All Star Break. Wore Black/Infrared VI's in ASG. Finished regular season wearing White/infared VI's. Black/infrared VI's in the Post Season.

91-92 Wore Carmine VI's thru All Star Break. Bordeux VII's in ASG. Finished regular season wearing White/red VII's. Black/red VII's in Post Season. Olympic VII's in Barcelona

Thank u. So the white/red VII were the ones whichWas printed on the old retro cards right?They are not the bugs bunny, arent they?The cardinal VII was worn by mjIn the first half of the 1992/1993 season then, Before debuting the aqua VIII in the asg.

Originally Posted by ijapino

question:

Thank u. So the white/red VII were the ones whichWas printed on the old retro cards right?They are not the bugs bunny, arent they?The cardinal VII was worn by mjIn the first half of the 1992/1993 season then, Before debuting the aqua VIII in the asg.

The white/red VII's MJ wore at the end of the 91-92 season are commonly known as "Hares" or "Bug Bunnies"....It's just old habit for me to write out the color names since I'm not a fan of most nicknames.

Originally Posted by 23 Air Jordan 45

3e8155e29b9cbb5a25c6a4b6c404bbe4e33ea71.pjpg

dude is hittin the stanky leg on Mike.

I love this thread. don't even have to read to learn anything, just browse pictures. 
pimp.gif

I always felt the jordan 9 was more of a baseball shoe, those cleats look more suited to the design.

I remember Mike wearing the Chicago Xs on March 10, 1995 in the Garden against the Knicks. He dropped 55 in those and had the game winning assist to Bill Winnington. It was his first game at the Garden since returning from his first retirement.

Let's get some 1995 pics of MJ wearing the X's PE 45s white/red! cmon ijapino, let's see what you got
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom