Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

Originally Posted by ijapino

mmonte4 wrote:

14jys90.jpg

Shorts on backwards...  It happens...

I remember sportscenter making a big deal about this back when this happened....Apparently the shorts's logo was just stitched on the back by mistake. I'm pretty sure MJ would have noticed the drawstrings in his %**.

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

Shorts on backwards...  It happens...

I remember sportscenter making a big deal about this back when this happened....Apparently the shorts's logo was just stitched on the back by mistake. I'm pretty sure MJ would have noticed the drawstrings in his %**.

Or...  He could've said, "%+#% it...  I'll torch these fools with my !#@$ on backwards..."    Heh heh heh

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

regarding the Allstar game in 2003, i was kinda disappointed that MJ only wore the white/royal AJ 18
which he already wore for many games in that season.
Usually he would debut a colorway that he did not wear before the Allstar game.
I remember he wore the black/royals in the sparring and photo sessions but switched
back to white/royal though.
I think he could have sported the white/reds or the white/black AJ 18.5.

He wore the white reds during the season for Wizards throwback night

Originally Posted by cw2022

I had that mars shirt when it came out with the 3s in 2001, memories!!!

^ You sure it's not '03 when the Cements came out? I have the white one and the grey one and I got them from eastbay. I swear it was '03 when I got them both. I could be wrong.

Anyone have that pic of MJ with the Wizards waving to someone at half court, and there was a huge debate whether the XI's he was wearing were Concords or Wizards PE's?

More like asking for the ball, not waving:

joc_11r_mj_02.jpg

Oh, and BTW ... It's the lighting.
wink.gif

Attaq

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

regarding the Allstar game in 2003, i was kinda disappointed that MJ only wore the white/royal AJ 18
which he already wore for many games in that season.
Usually he would debut a colorway that he did not wear before the Allstar game.
I remember he wore the black/royals in the sparring and photo sessions but switched
back to white/royal though.
I think he could have sported the white/reds or the white/black AJ 18.5.

He wore the white reds during the season for Wizards throwback night

I know that mj wore several times the white/reds18 when the wizards wore the retro bulletsJerseys. But that was after the asg 2003 anyway.

Not sure if this has been answered but did MJ ever wear the Jordan 6 "Sport Blue" or "New Maroon" in a game?

Originally Posted by KMante

Not sure if this has been answered but did MJ ever wear the Jordan 6 "Sport Blue" or "New Maroon" in a game?

MJ never wore these shoes in an NBA game...However, he wore the Sport Blues in Magic's All Star classic. Here's video of one of my all time favorite MJ dunks...Simply beautiful!

67jbkm.jpg

Having another argument with my friend about "SpaceJam" 11s...

We have already established that Money indeed rocked a pair of all black upper 11s with Concord accents, but what about in the movie itself?

My opinion is that the reason the "SpaceJam" nickname came about in 2001 with the initial release of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Black/white-varsity royal was in fact based off the c/w that he rocked in the movie itself, which must have had varisty royal on it to garner said nickname. Surely right?

My friend is saying that it's all hearsay and that the only reason they're called "SpaceJams" is because they're simply based off the c/w he actually wore in the movie, which would have simply been the '95 playoffs pair against the Magic.

So in other words, the 2001 first release of the "SpaceJams" is not actually the exact same c/w he wore in the movie, but a resemblance...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Originally Posted by KMante

MJ never wore these shoes in an NBA game...However, he wore the Sport Blues in Magic's All Star classic. Here's video of one of my all time favorite MJ dunks...Simply beautiful!

67jbkm.jpg
eek.gif

Thank you very much! I've never seen that dunk before
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Having another argument with my friend about "SpaceJam" 11s...

We have already established that Money indeed rocked a pair of all black upper 11s with Concord accents, but what about in the movie itself?

My opinion is that the reason the "SpaceJam" nickname came about in 2001 with the initial release of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Black/white-varsity royal was in fact based off the c/w that he rocked in the movie itself, which must have had varisty royal on it to garner said nickname. Surely right?

My friend is saying that it's all hearsay and that the only reason they're called "SpaceJams" is because they're simply based off the c/w he actually wore in the movie, which would have simply been the '95 playoffs pair against the Magic.

So in other words, the 2001 first release of the "SpaceJams" is not actually the exact same c/w he wore in the movie, but a resemblance...

Thoughts? Opinions?

The pair in the movie has concord accents and are the real space jams. The retros just resemble them

Wow, i did not know that Jordan wore the September Blues VI in the Magic Johnson tribute game.
Thanks so much for the pic and video.

dankenstein23 wrote:
great thread man

Great screen name man.

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

On topic :  Does anyone have a good pic of MJ wearing his XIs in Space-Jam. I tried the search function to no avail.
nerd.gif

Did Jordan ever wear XI lows as a bull? Not the IE lows, but the regular XI lows similar to the below picture?

11gszew.jpg

I know he wore them as a Wizard, but I'm curious if he ever wore them as a Bull. Pictures would be great if he did!

Back
Top Bottom