Official Xbox 360 Thread: Back from the dead! FFXIII bundle w/ extra faceplate pg 2 (3/9/10)

[h1]
Halo: Reach's New Matchmaking Systems
[/h1][h2]
Bungie begins to detail new multiplayer features.
[/h2]
by Erik Brudvig

March 18, 2010 - Bungie has begun to explain the features it teased in its most recent multiplayer trailer. Over on Shacknews, details on the new matchmaking system have been unveiled, including an explanation as to what exactly Active Roster means, how the new map voting system will work, and what Bungie is doing to ensure everybody can find a game that matches their skill set.

Upon booting up Halo: Reach, you'll see an active roster screen that lets you know what your Xbox Live friends that are also playing are up to, including who they are in a party with and what the current score of their match is. If you want to join any of them, even if they are in a match, you can queue up and the game will auto-join you as soon as they are ready.

According to Shacknews, a new voting system will be implemented. Rather than voting down a map or game type, only to have one you like even less selected, Reach will offer three additional choices to vote on at the same time as alternatives.

Shacknews describes Arena Playlists as "possibly the largest change." A new rating system is being created that recognizes kill to death ratios as well as assists. Month long seasons are being created with divisions for Onyx, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Steel. Within one season, players can rank up or down, but to be recognized as a competitor in a season a player will need to get enough Daily Rankings by playing a set number of games in a single day. This is described as being geared towards the elite players.

On the flip side is the combination of the ranked and social playlists. The matchmaking system will simply look for another group at the same skill level rather than separating out the hardcore ranked players from the casual socials. More matchmaking options are being created as well, allowing you to decide to only play with others that have a good connection or low ping, or only against those of the same skill, or only against those that speak your language. There will also be so-called Social Settings that players can use to define their style, including preferences for team vs. lone wolf, winning vs. having fun, talking vs. keeping quiet, and polite vs. a more rowdy tone.

Be sure to head over to Shacknews. They've got even more detailed descriptions of these features as well as some exclusive screenshots.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Can't wait for Mafia 2
Same here and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]its Labrev[/color], Dante's Inferno is
pimp.gif

Also Blur Reminds me of the Need For Speed Undergrounds (the driving/physics/graphics) just slightly updated, but has a fun
Mario Kart feel to it, seems like a fun game to pick up and play with friends or online, also has challenges much like COD...
if you like arcade racers with good online competition this would be a great game at least thats my experience from playing
the Beta

Any sales for XBLA games goin on soon?

I still wanna pick up Zombie Apocalypse and Shadow Complex. Maybe Dishwasher too.

Oh and After Burner Climax when it comes out.

^Smaller sometimes mean cheaper and if they drive the price point down even more, more consoles will sell. Plus with xbox about to open up mass usb support this might be a slimmed down version for people who want to use their own usb drives. But I have my xbox360 with my ebay 250gb drive im good.

[h1]Rumor: New Xbox 360 Model Slims Down [Update][/h1]
These pictures apparently show the guts of a new model of the Xbox 360. The important bits? The fact that for the first time the console combines the CPU and the GPU in a single chip. Oh, and it's small.

The pic above shows the board in question, with the chip part of a rumoured redesign for the Xbox 360 console, testing of which has recently been completed in China. This isn't simply a new board for the existing hardware, either; it's reportedly a total redesign of the console. Think the PS3 Slim, only...for an Xbox 360.

Now, considering the source, there's every reason to be sceptical of the images, and the info. Then again, with Natal due later this year, rebooting the 360 itself to go along with it would make a lot of sense, especially if a reduction in size could come with a reduction in cost.

What do you think? Legitimate Chinese leak, ala the PS3 Slim, or just some punks pulling a stunt?

from  kotaku

[h1]Is USB Storage In The Xbox 360's Future?[/h1]
Is Microsoft planning to drop its overpriced Xbox 360 Memory Units in favor of more affordable USB mass storage devices? According to documentation obtained by Joystiq, the answer is yes.

Currently the only external storage solution for the Xbox 360 is the Microsoft-produced Memory Unit, a relatively expensive way to add up to 512MB of storage to your console. That could all change this spring, according to Joystiq's information, when the Xbox 360 receives an update that will allow standard USB storage devices to function as Xbox 360 storage.

According to the documentation, the update will allow consoles to recognize USB drives from 1GB to 16GB, formatting them with an Xbox 360 system partition of 512MB, with the remainder of the space used to store game saves, DLC, Xbox Live Arcade titles, and even disc-based games, which can be played from the drive as long as you have the original disc inserted in the console.

While this seems like it could be a good way to get around paying through the nose for an overpriced Xbox 360 hard drive upgrade, Joystiq points out that only two devices can be registered to a console at a time, for a grand total of 32GB of additional storage.

If this proves to be true, it's an interesting and cost-effective solution to add a few more gigs of storage space for those of us rapidly filling up their original Xbox 360 hard drives.

We've contacted Microsoft for comment on this rumor, and will update should any new information arise.

Xbox 360 gaining USB storage support in 2010 update [Joystiq]

from kotaku
if true i want to see how Microsoft is going to stop people from modifying

save files 

I have to go buy another system because I got 2 red rings last week and it stopped reading games. So I called Microsoft and they said that the disc reader inside is probably off track and that I have to send it in for repairs and it will cost $200. 
indifferent.gif
This will be my 3rd system and if this one has a problem, I'll go and buy a PS3 until Microsoft fixes their system.
mad.gif

Started playing Falllout 3 AGAIN and can't stop playing this game man. Got Point Lookout and Broken Steel (Point Lookout is one of the best DLC I have ever played) and the game just became crack again. This bout to be the first game I get all the achievements legit. Got like 200 hours clocked in and I feel nowhere close to bored. Just too damn much to do in this game. Just figured out you can invest in the trade caravans and Uncle Roe gave me a map of their routes, it was all good till I found out Hoss got crushed by a Super Mutant Behemoth and his Brahim just wandering around. Also feeling real slick by selling these Refined Punga Fruit from Point Lookout in the Wasteland. Made at least 3,000 bottle caps.

Yeah, amazing game. Once you immerse yourself in the wasteland.. its a wrap.

Can't wait for Fallout: New Vegas.

GTs- Dope1ne

I play halo 3 and Fifa 09 (10 has keepers with an IQ of 0)

If anyone still plays 09 and wants a manual match hit me up
No mic so I don't play halo much unless I'm over someones house

[h1]Hits Xbox 360 on April 6, Xbox 360 Flash Drives Hit in May[/h1]
500x_4463369065_3692c364e4.jpg
Starting April 6 Xbox 360 owners will be able to use USB flash drives to store profiles, game saves, demos and "more", Microsoft confirmed this morning.

Posting on his blog, Xbox Live's Larry Hryb said that the company has been testing the feature for a few weeks and that he thinks it's is "great." A system updating hitting April 6 will allow us all to see just how great it is.

The update will support flash drives that are 1 GB to to 16 GB in size. While USB hard drives "may work", he adds, you will still only be able to use 16 GB of the drives space, which kinda sucks.

The update will allow you to have two USB drives connected at the same time, meaning up to 32 GB of space.

Microsoft is partnering with SanDisk and plans to release an XBox branded USB flash drive in May.

USB Memory Support for the Xbox 360 coming April 6th [Major Nelson, thanks medic mechanic]

from kotaku

you can add two 16gb usb's for 32gb of storage, but lets see how fast it will take

for people to hack the files

Back
Top Bottom