Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Originally Posted by sole vintage

did bungie reset the ranks in halo?
Sort of. You did lose your ranking, but you still have your skill level for each playlist. You now have to earn EXP for each specific playlist.

I wish they would've just wiped everyone clean if that's the case. I'd rather have started over completely.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Xbox 360 Elite + Forza 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold + 2 face plates for 299.99 + ship.

http://accessories.us.del...;cid=27811&lid=888831

Promo code for 100 off, expires the 29th : 4RTQ?64N?7HWMK
says its been used already
frown.gif

holy ++$@ duke nuke um is the ++$@
laugh.gif
i think ima start playing games again when i can. with duke and halo 3 new achievements i might just do that
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by GFlower8

I decided that I'm gonna go ahead and cop a 360. They just dropped the price too
pimp.gif

I already have a Wii, which I barely even touch. And I was debating if I would cop a PS3 or 360. PS3 just looks big and bulky and expensive for no reason. BlueRay, mehh, its the same as HD to me. And plus I heard that PS3's online community sucks. So thats what made me lean towards an Xbox 360.

Alot of the games I want are really old, so that means its not gonna cost me much
glasses.gif

but heres what I have on my
"games to cop list":
BioShock
Burnout Paradise
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Skate
Saints Row 2
SD VS RAW 2009
007: Quantum of Solace

now mind you I haven't been quite the 'gamer' for some time now. I never got into the next generation of gaming (except for the Wii which I barely use). The last games I ever completely played and beat were like Tony Hawks Underground 2 and like, San Andreas.

When I think of "Xbox 360" In my mind all I see are those nerdy hardcore fanboy gamers playing Halo3 COD4 and Gears of War going all crazy while wearing their headsets. Now I know the main pos things about a 360 is the online aspect, but I believe there are PLENTY of other great games offered than just "Halo3 COD4 and Gears of War". So yeah if you notice those games aint on my "games to cop list".

The new james bond 007: QOS game will be on the COD4 engine. So I'll just cop that. And since Gears of War2 is comin out soon, I guess I'll just give that a try. But Halo, nahh . Never.

What also made me decide to cop a 360 is for Saints Row 2. game looks
pimp.gif
eek.gif
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

This thread is way too big for me to look through to see anything SR2 related, and the Search Button doesn't do me much neither.
What yall think about SR2? I think its gonna take a major dookie on GTA4.
If you like RPGs, I'd recommend The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I absolutely love that game.

Besides that, your list looks good.

[h2]Bungie drops Shock-Trooper Halo 3 teaser[/h2]
[UPDATE] Halo 3 developer posts brief trailer showing ODSTs raining down on a city in their signature capsules; Xbox Live bills project as a "new campaign experience."

More Images (9) » Screenshot Index »

Monday night, Bungie Studios posted a teaser countdown clock on their official site, Bungie.net. As has been the case in the past, it reflected the studio's obsession with the number 7. As the clock counted down to 7:07 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, it flashed a series of cryptic messages, including "Obey Posted Limits," "Pardon Our Dust," "Proceed with Caution," and "Expect Delays." When the hour was nigh, the site flashed an agonizingly long "rebooting" message, and then posted a brief teaser trailer for one of Bungie's "current projects."

Halo 3 ODST teaser

http://image.com.com/game...odst_ot_multi_250908.jpg) no-repeat center 50%">

Watch the USNC's feared shock troopers drop from the skies!

The trailer doesn't divulge much to the untrained eye. After showing a futuristic urban landscape, the camera--apparently one of a metropolitan artificial intelligence's video feeds--switches to show a series of what appears to be small capsules re-entering the atmosphere. After cutting to several shots of abandoned streets with gunfire in the background, the camera switches to a low-angle shot of hundreds of the capsules streaking through the sky above the city--which is suddenly wracked by a massive shockwave.

After several seconds of a black screen, a brief screen flashes for what appears to be an emergency service transmission, urging the viewer to "Please remain calm." A reboot screen then warns of "Metropolitan disaster!" and cuts to scenes of the same streets, now strewn with smoldering wreckage. A brief "Halo 3" screen pops up, followed by a ground-level shot of one of one of the capsules hurtling at--and then shattering--the camera. The trailer ends with the words "Prepare to drop" and the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live logos.

[img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2008/268/04odsts908_embed.jpg[/img]

While of little significance to the casual observer, the word "drop" will have Halo fans' ears tingling. That's because the capsules belong to the Orbital Shock Drop Troopers (ODSTs, pictured top), better known as the feared futuristic paratroopers used by the United Nations Space Command (UNSC), the human alliance in the Halo franchise. The ODSTs also starred in a series of gritty live-action shorts directed by Neil Blomkamp, would-be director of the in-limbo Halo feature film.

[img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2008/268/odsthevcomparison582_embed.jpg[/img]

A side-by-side comparison of screenshots from the trailer and from prior Halo games (pictured second) clearly show the capsules have the angular silhouette and signature drag chute of the Human Entry Vehicles (HEVs) used by the ODSTs in prior Halo games. Further examination of a close-up of the capsules (third) and Halopedia's schematic of the HEVs (bottom) confirms it is indeed the so-called "Hell-jumpers" that are raining down on the city, most likely the spaceport of New Mombasa featured in Halo 2 and 3.

[img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2008/268/halo3teaser_screen001463_embed.jpg[/img]

Bungie reps declined to comment further on the trailer, responding to GameSpot inquires with a curt "neg[ative]." However, the project appears to be the same game that Microsoft senior vice president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick previously stated was set to be revealed at Microsoft's E3 2008 press conference before being abruptly pulled. Described as "a game" by Mattrick, the project was accompanied by the exact same countdown teaser and exact same reveal time of 7:07 a.m.

[img]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2008/268/HEV-ODST-scaled009_embed.jpg[/img]

Though nothing is official yet, the title in question appears to be the "Halo Recon" project that has been rumored for months. A source told GameSpot in July the project will be "a cross between Ghost Recon and Gears of War." Instead of following the Halo franchise's usual protagonist--the SPARTAN super-soldier Master Chief--it will supposedly follow the exploits of a squad of colonial marines in a "less cartoony" and "more bloody, violent, and grim" tale of a battle between UNSC forces and the pan-racial religious empire known as the Covenant.

[UPDATE] An advertisement for the trailer on Xbox Live describes the cinematic thusly: "High action and deep mystery await players in this new Halo 3 campaign experience. Prepare to drop." Halopedia's editors believe the shockwave in the city is from the Prophet's ship going warp above New Mombasa in Halo 3, raising the possibility that the project could be a Crysis Warhead-style expansion that shows the game's campaign from a different perspective. However, nothing has been officially confirmed as of press time.

It might release on 1-06-09, and that is a Tuesday
pimp.gif
. I'm betting we find out more at the Tokyo Game Show...
halo3datenewf.jpg

BTW, I think that's the city from Halo 2
eek.gif

Has any good demos released on live lately?

could i also be added to the front page of gamer tags?

Gametag: Grim Atonement

Originally Posted by nnarum

It might release on 1-06-09, and that is a Tuesday
pimp.gif
. I'm betting we find out more at the Tokyo Game Show...
halo3datenewf.jpg

BTW, I think that's the city from Halo 2
eek.gif

Yea, it's New Mombasa. To me, it looks like this will take place during Halo 2, seeing as the slipspace rupture of the covenant cruiser is what the bigflash is, and that happened on like the fourth level in Halo 2.

I doubt we'll find out more at the Tokyo game show. I'd say it'll be another month or two until we get some concrete info.

eh the campaign is wack to me

they need to release halo 4 and bring back the game play from halo 2

that makes no sense...
laugh.gif

I just miss halo 2
frown.gif

halo 3 is to slow unlike h2 which was so fast paced and crazy
devil.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

eh the campaign is wack to me

they need to release halo 4 and bring back the game play from halo 2

that makes no sense...
laugh.gif

I just miss halo 2
frown.gif
^ In terms of campaign, Halo 2 was the weakest out of the trilogy. For me, it just lacked the mysteriousness of being on Halo. It just seemed too"real" to me. Halo: CE and Halo 3 excel in that aspect, with something new and even more intriguing than the last coming at each and every turn. Interms of multiplayer, Halo 3 is the best, with Halo 2 in second and Halo: CE last, although they all were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom