Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Fable, whatever game the Initiative is working on

I wouldn't mind some Gears single player DLC either
It hurts to say but I think I've just given up on Gears. I loved the OG trilogy. Gears 4 was awful and even tho 5 was better, it just didn't capture that same magic. I do want to see what happens in the same installment though. Did they ever say which ending was cannon?
I don't Marcus to lose a son but JD was a whole ****boy.

Gears fell off for me as well.

Excited for this show. I have faith that MS learned their lesson from last gen's **** show.

It hurts to say but I think I've just given up on Gears. I loved the OG trilogy. Gears 4 was awful and even tho 5 was better, it just didn't capture that same magic. I do want to see what happens in the same installment though. Did they ever say which ending was cannon?
I don't Marcus to lose a son but JD was a whole ****boy.
I liked Gears 4 way more than 5. The open world **** to me was boring, the RPG elements added nothing to me. Kait and JD were both horrible protagonist but I liked JD slightly more. The Mech section in 4 was fun and I felt should have been expanded on. Gears 5 story pretty much resolved itself after Act 2. Act 3 and Act 4 seemed like filler to stretch the game. The boss fights in 5 felt cheap. Fighting the Matriarch was some nonsense. Gears 4 boss fights were lackluster but at least they seemed fair.

Gears 6 should end the series. Have Marcus be the protagonist, bring back the horror elements for a few chapters, make flanking matter again. He is problematic as ****, but have Cliffy B consult on the gameplay and levels.

And I know it is unpopular opinion, but Judgment's gameplay (how the game controls not the level design) should have been used as a basis for Gears going forward, not Gears 3.

The problem with Gears is that it has mastered a genre that people are not that interested in anymore.

And for the life of me I can't understand why they thought getting rid of Marcus as the main protagonist was a good idea. Look how pissed people were at having to play as Locke most of the time instead of Master Chief.

It’s funny you liked the mech portion of Gears 4 cause that’s what put me off on that campaign.

You think Cliffy B wants to come back? I know he has nothing else going on with it but he doesn’t seem too fond of it. Also don’t know if his pride would let me come back. Rod Ferguson is already gone too, right?

Tbh, Gears lost me when they killed off Dom.Even if they let you play as Marcus in Gears 6, it won’t be the same for me. Ending the series with Marcus, Dom, Cole, and Baird would have been dope.

It’s funny you liked the mech portion of Gears 4 cause that’s what put me off on that campaign.

You think Cliffy B wants to come back? I know he has nothing else going on with it but he doesn’t seem too fond of it. Also don’t know if his pride would let me come back. Rod Ferguson is already gone too, right?

Tbh, Gears lost me when they killed off Dom.Even if they let you play as Marcus in Gears 6, it won’t be the same for me. Ending the series with Marcus, Dom, Cole, and Baird would have been dope.

Part of what gave Gears it's charm is the whole overly-brolic jock bros in a dark horror environment thing. I didn't play 4/5 and from the gameplay videos I saw they didn't really have that and yeah, probably a big part of it is deciding to not use Marcus/Dom being dead.

Gears should do a reboot like 2,000 years into the future and change up the entire art style.

Cliffy B was on Twitter a couple months campaigning for MS to bring him in to consult.

Yeah I liked the Mech section, but I felt they could have done more with it to make the section more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom