Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Halo and “movement options” is pure cringe. 343 killed halo a decade ago. They’re still kicking that dead horse

I haven't played Halo MP in forever but the movement in that video seems so floaty and momentum driven.

I couldn't connect to a MP game at all last night. Guess I'll try again this weekend.

what time? the beta is timed

Weekend 1: (September 24-26)

• Friday, September 24 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT
  • Saturday, September 25 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT
  • Sunday, September 26 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT

Ahh, my work schedule kinda ****ed me over. Ohh well. I am off next weekend for this Wu-Tang concert but I might be able to sneak a little time in.

I guess you had to be there for Halo to appreciate no sprint :lol:

I ain’t playing no shooter that doesn’t allow me to run

Let em know stay lurkin stay lurkin

EdkobrAXsAMlg69.jpg

Real gamers when they hear Halo has sprint

Sprint is among other reasons how 343 killed halo. The only thing they brought over were the characters :lol: the rest is a titan fall lite reskin. No thanks

Bungie is the studio that put sprint in Halo

343 Halo plays nothing like Titanfall

Halo 4 came out like over a year before Titanfall
Yes bungie did and jumped ship after. 343 has yet to improve anything. They just added the titan fall formula. NO it’s not a 1:1 to titan fall, I said it plays like it. YES it does but a dumbed down/slowed down version. Never said it was a copy, just that the elements are similar. Titan fall was trash btw and so are the 343 halo games 🤷🏽‍♂️. It’s halo shovel ware at this point.

This debate really is dead. Nothing more can be said. If people like the new stuff that’s fine. I don’t and I never will honestly. I’m not a fan of any game that dumbed their formula down for the sake of general appeal. Same went with street fighter for example. I’m good

Last edited:
I would not want to play another Halo campaign without sprint.

It was annoying as hell in H3 dodging vehicle fire while trying to flank.

Had Chief looking like...
ScbNh6.gif
I wouldn’t play a new halo single player at all but because the story is horrible. Halo reach has potential but the game was just too Terrible to continue past the 3rd act.

Yes bungie did and jumped ship after. 343 has yet to improve anything. They just added the titan fall formula. NO it’s not a 1:1 to titan fall, I said it plays like it. YES it does but a dumbed down/slowed down version. Never said it was a copy, just that the elements are similar. Titan fall was trash btw and so are the 343 halo games 🤷🏽‍♂️. It’s halo shovel ware at this point.
Bungie was a free agent before Reach came out. They made ODST and Reach after MS let them go independent. Then they finished work on Reach, and handed off the update to 343 they went on to finish Destiny. Where sprint is heavily featured.

Forget the Titan game loop, pilots in the Titnfall movement are hardly anything like Spartans in Halo. H4 it is not even close. If we are talking about H5 when only similarities is thrust, clamber/mantel and slide. But the movement flow is much different in the two.

The maps are designed differently, there is wall running in Titnafall which greatly impacts the movement. The two games have advanced movement systems but they feel completely different. H5 movement is more about adding extra dynamics to gunfights than TF. Titanfall movement is more about navigating the larger maps. In Titanfall, you have to get in good positions to flank your opponents, then plant and fire shots, in H5 like other Halo you have to master the movements in one-on-one gunfights

Sure there are similarities on paper, not really in practice. Playing both games for an extended period of time will make this obvious.

I wouldn’t play a new halo single player at all but because the story is horrible. Halo reach has potential but the game was just too Terrible to continue past the 3rd act.
I would concede that Bungie's game has a better story, mainly because they keep it simple. What is hurting the story now is not really 343s games, it is all the extended universe stuff.

But H4's campaign is as good as anything Bungie did.

H5's joint is too many issues for me to defend it.

I thought this was a hot take in the past, but after seeing that they did with Destiny, I don't think it is anymore....

If Bungie had stayed on Halo, they would have messed it up way more than want 343 did. And the community would be more frustrated because they wouldn't be able to fall back on the "devs do not understand Halo" argument.

Back
Top Bottom