Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
I understand what you guys are saying but $220 for 1TB SSD is a lot. Samsung has those little grey external SSD for like $100 so I was hoping these would be priced similar.

We'll see how things go.
I'm sure M$ just wants us to buy their product, but an external USB SSD would be really outclassed by the one M$ is forcing us to buy since it's cutting edge NVMe PCIe 4.0. Even a comparable non-M$/Xbox 1TB SSD would be close to $200. Hopefully as those drives drop in price someone will create an adapter so that we can buy our own and connect them to our consoles.

Yeah I won’t be buying it $220 for an SSD and the add $30 bucks more it’s half the cost of the series X just don’t make sense... I’ll wait till the competition can make cards and it’ll be wayyyyyy cheaper, granted the PC price of an SSD is along the same lines but just don’t see the point investing this in a console... it’ll be cheaper after some time

I'll be waiting on external memory. 1TB should be enough for whatever my rotation will be to start this gen.

Yeah, I doubt I will ever need to expand... if so, would have to be some kind of slick deal for me to even flinch.

Last edited:
Most standard PC SSDs are actually about half the price of this one. I can get a 2TB for less than half the price (usually go on sale $200). I'll just wait until they remodel the system, will probably be half the size and come with twice the storage and cost less...

Ill just stick to the HDD

if its like that 360 wifi adapter, it might be a while till we see a price drop.

Someone already won on reddit today. I know what i'm grabbing for dinner today. Hopefully I win, will probably give it to my nephew.

I hope we can still use our external hard drives like we did this gen.

I don't care about a game loading 10 seconds faster or what not.

When the price of these SSD come down then I'll consider buying to take advantage.

honestly if it’s a game I’m playing a lot I can migrate that to the Xbox and keep other games on my HDD. So I can get fast load on current games and regular load on back burner games.

So how will gaming work out with the different versions. Will I still get to play COD with people who are on the One x or will it strictly be series x/s people we're playing with?

So how will gaming work out with the different versions. Will I still get to play COD with people who are on the One x or will it strictly be series x/s people we're playing with?

I believe you will be able to play with people on the previous gen consoles

I understand what you guys are saying but $220 for 1TB SSD is a lot. Samsung has those little grey external SSD for like $100 so I was hoping these would be priced similar.

We'll see how things go.

it's not outlandish.

pcie gen 4 nvme ssds are like $180-$200 right now

Back
Top Bottom