OFFICIAL07-08 CLIPPERS NEWS/DISCUSSION THREAD

[h1]NBA Rumors - Los Angeles Clippers[/h1]

• [h4]Celts interested in Cassell more than Stoudamire?[/h4]
    Monday, Jan 28, 2008 12:16 pm EST

ept_sports_rumors-349861656-1172607972.jpg

Getty Images

The Boston Celtics appear to be taking their time on Damon Stoudamire. Having been bought out by the Memphis Grizzlies, the veteran point guard will clear waivers on Wednesday, which is a formality, as he has no contract to pick up.

According to league sources, the Celts are checking out other possibilities and it's believed they may have interest in another player, thought to be Sam Cassell of the Los Angeles Clippers. That matter would require time to work out, but the C's will have to move quickly on Stoudamire if they want him.

Source: Boston Herald

Related: Sam Cassell, Damon Stoudamire, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies

• [h4]Arenas, for Brand, could give Clippers star power to match Lakers[/h4]
    Monday, Jan 28, 2008 12:10 pm EST

ept_sports_rumors-363019428-1200345521.jpg

Getty Images

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling long has courted a star to match the Los Angeles Lakers, and Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas could be the one.

He's from Los Angeles and may be the league's biggest personality, even when not playing. He's eccentric and iconoclastic. And he can score 30 a game. With a center like Chris Kaman and some of their pieces, the Clippers could have a show to match the Lakers.

The Wizards add a player to make salaries match-maybe the soon-to-return Etan Thomas, and Elton Brand could be that low-post presence the Wizards miss and few in the East have.

Source: Chicago Tribune

I was pretty impressed by Chris Kaveman tonight. You guys think he'll step up without Brand? Can he finally contribute on a nightly basis? 24 and 18 is a great way to start the season.
Team Grizzlies

And the co-winner* of the award for 'Best Title to a Team Season Thread' goes to...

Nah, thanks for making it so clear. *appreciated*

*you know I can't leave out my dude KB8SD
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

thanks ska :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
I was pretty impressed by Chris Kaveman tonight. You guys think he'll step up without Brand? Can he finally contribute on a nightly basis? 24 and 18 is a great way to start the season.
Team Clippers
TEAM SAINTS

Just checking in..

Clips are underdawgs this season but who cares. Shaun will be back in January and EB after the break. The W's might end up being last years Clippers and the Kobe Show will be right there in the hunt with us. @#%$ the HATERS!!!
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Checkin in (from clippertalk board) and in for the long haul. 2-0 start...let's just hope the guys can keep up the pace!

Gette(27), CK(10/15), CAT(17), RuPatt(13/ 6 stls :wow:
eek.gif
won't miss the postseason in 08 with or w/o EB. :wow:
embarassed.gif

BTW Durant and Green are the TRUTH!!! :wow:
eek.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

I agree with Durant. I thought he would have some typical rookie outtings....but he's looks awesome thus far despite shooting a lot of shots. Durant def. has a bright future!
TeamEzCode Parsing Error: color=red face=Century size=3]​

I'm liking the uptempo style of play. I'm really liking the depth and balance of the team.

Some tough road games ahead, we'll see how this team can play on the road.
TEAM BLACKBERRY
the stylish way to get things done

TeamClippers​

Why are these guys winning??

2-0??

What in the world......

dont worry the losing will come soon enough

^^ If you have nothing informative to add to this thread then why troll?? :smh:
smh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

I just said you guys were 2-0. Is that not informative? Or are you just mad?

Never that. The Pistons are one hit wonders and won't see The Finals this season or next.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

just read this in Ralph's Mailbox
Quote:
George Meyers from Kailua, HI writes...

Aloha Ralph.

Just wanted you to know we are die-hard Clipper fans 2500 miles away. We don't get much news on the Clippers so we wanted to get an update on Shaun Livingston. What is his prognosis and can we expect him back any time soon?

Warm aloha,

George and Becky Meyers
Shaun is doing very well in his rehab work. Safe to say hes ahead of schedule. Its still a long road, but we expect him back no later than mid-season. :pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
and he just owns dude on this one.
Quote:
Ralph,

Your the best, but I strongly disagree with you regarding the Clippers playing at the Honda Center. Not only would the move bring the NBA to a larger fan base, but I think it would increase the Clippers' revenue and status. The Clippers will never be viewed equally to the Laker's while they are playing in the house that Shaq built. Anaheim has shown that they can support an NBA team, if not the Clippers, then someone else. They will never step out of the Lakers shadow while playing in Staples. Sorry Ralph, that is just the truth.
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Rumor has it that Shaun will be back sometime in January no lie. :wink:
wink.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Why did I bench Cat Mobley and start Larry Hughes last night?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Clippers will be 5-0 . This is the team I remember from the 05-06 season :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM CARIBBEAN
Dance Hall Crew
WeGetDubs​

Quote:
Best starts in L.A. Clippers history:

Season Start Finish
1985-86 4-0 32-50