OG VIII's wearable?

For anyone who has experience with the VIII's, are they a shoe that holds up well for OG's? i wouldn't invest any money in them if the shoeswouldn't be wearable. Thanks in advance NT.

no, they will crack
i had an og black red pair that i tried to wear before the retros came out
and yeah
crack is wack

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by killacam92345

yeah they will crumble my man

"crumble"
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Funny that you asked, I bought a pair of og playoff's a month ago, NDS, the guy wore them a bit in his home every years till 2000 to keep them wearable andsoft.
When I received them, I checked the midsole, still soft no cracks, suede still fresh, absolutely great, the wack '08 retroes looks like fakes compared tothem.
Then I wore them and 2 steps later (true story) it literraly exploded, for real the shoes exploded from the inside, the midsole cracked and turned into blackdust, eventually (I mean 3 steps later) the outsole and midsole completely separated from the upper, I'll make some pics tonight when I'll get backhome, you'll see for yourself, the only things I kept is the ... Nike Air insoles ... Believe me stick to the retroes if you're planning to wear, ogVIII's are for collection purpose only ....

BTW Does anybody has ever heard of an og upper mixed with some early midsole/outsole (for real the og upper kills the retro ...) ?

Originally Posted by zageretokintaman

Funny that you asked, I bought a pair of og playoff's a month ago, NDS, the guy wore them a bit in his home every years till 2000 to keep them wearable and soft.
When I received them, I checked the midsole, still soft no cracks, suede still fresh, absolutely great, the wack '08 retroes looks like fakes compared to them.
Then I wore them and 2 steps later (true story) it literraly exploded, for real the shoes exploded from the inside, the midsole cracked and turned into black dust, eventually (I mean 3 steps later) the outsole and midsole completely separated from the upper, I'll make some pics tonight when I'll get back home, you'll see for yourself, the only things I kept is the ... Nike Air insoles ... Believe me stick to the retroes if you're planning to wear, og VIII's are for collection purpose only ....

BTW Does anybody has ever heard of an og upper mixed with some early midsole/outsole (for real the og upper kills the retro ...) ?
If you want wearable, you're looking firm soles.

Originally Posted by MCCj23

Funny that you asked, I bought a pair of og playoff's a month ago, NDS, the guy wore them a bit in his home every years till 2000 to keep them wearable and soft.
When I received them, I checked the midsole, still soft no cracks, suede still fresh, absolutely great, the wack '08 retroes looks like fakes compared to them.
Then I wore them and 2 steps later (true story) it literraly exploded, for real the shoes exploded from the inside, the midsole cracked and turned into black dust, eventually (I mean 3 steps later) the outsole and midsole completely separated from the upper, I'll make some pics tonight when I'll get back home, you'll see for yourself, the only things I kept is the ... Nike Air insoles ... Believe me stick to the retroes if you're planning to wear, og VIII's are for collection purpose only ....

If you want wearable, you're looking firm soles.
You must be right since mines crumbled.
Here is some pictures of what you should expect to happen if yuo choose to wear them (those pictures belongs to a friend of mine who wore them from '92till today, and yet the midsole crumbled, mines are even worse) :

i683247_KarimShoot5.JPG

i683248_KarimShoot7.JPG

i683251_KarimShoot8.JPG

i literally laughed out loud when i read this.. I dont know why, Not that you lost ur kicks, or money, but that they "exploded and turned toblack dust" it was just funny, and caught me off guard..

anyway to post starter cop some retros

Ya about all thats exploding nonscence
indifferent.gif
... it depends on theshoe, i had a pair of og aquas thats were stored correctly, and i got away a wear with no glue seperation, chipping, cracking, or anything.

Originally Posted by rendawgz

i literally laughed out loud when i read this.. I dont know why, Not that you lost ur kicks, or money, but that they "exploded and turned to black dust" it was just funny, and caught me off guard..

anyway to post starter cop some retros
yo me to not to make fun of its the way he explain it lol

Originally Posted by Sick Kikz

Ya about all thats exploding nonscence
indifferent.gif
... it depends on the shoe, i had a pair of og aquas thats were stored correctly, and i got away a wear with no glue seperation, chipping, cracking, or anything.
Man, no disprespect, but you're wrong, I'am talking about my own and real experience, here is the pictures of mines, now to the poster doas you want man but if you buy for wearing (I do pesonnaly) then forget about the VIIIs, it is a heartbreaker to see them falling apart (btw the air units wasalso @!!@!* up anyway, all flat) :

!BPh5cVg!mk~%24(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLl1UPiBJ0CJt5bog~~_1.JPG

!BPh5eBQBGk~%24(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBJ0CJ0WeRw~~_1.JPG

i683936_IMG0505.JPG

i683927_IMG0507.JPG

i683925_IMG0508.JPG

i683932_IMG0506.JPG

Originally Posted by addicted2icysoles23

That was a waste sorry for your loss man
frown.gif
Nah don't be sorry man, I'm cool with that, I knew when I bought them that these were risky ones, I tried, I lost, no big deal, now I canbuy some retroes mind free.Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom