Oh Boy.. Breaking News: US Soldier Goes On A Shooting Spree In Iraq Clinic. Kills 4 US Soldiers

Originally Posted by Smedroc

When he was running didnt Obama say he was gonna pull dudes out??? why say that and then send a *+$@ load more???

same old ducks smh..

Troops have to be relieved, if they have served the maximum amount of time on their tours. It's a cycle that's set, there is no sudden change in thetour periods if he sets a date on when there will be withdrawals. Plenty will be pulled and replaced before that date arrives.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

When he was running didnt Obama say he was gonna pull dudes out??? why say that and then send a *+$@ load more???

same old ducks smh..

Troops have to be relieved, if they have served the maximum amount of time on their tours. It's a cycle that's set, there is no sudden change in the tour periods if he sets a date on when there will be withdrawals. Plenty will be pulled and replaced before that date arrives.
And what if the violence spirals out of control again like it has been the past month? You don't think withdrawals will be delayed? Toursextended? I am waiting for that June 30 date where US troops supposedly will pull out of major cities in Iraq besides Baghdad and Mosul. Lets see if Gateswill want that extended.

IMO Obama lied straight up to the American Public about ending the war in Iraq. There is no end in Iraq.. just look at Obama's war budget set for 2010. 130 Billion?

And what about Dyncorp, Bechtel, Blackwater, all these security contractors? Are they just going to withdraw too?

What about the bases, military outposts and all these large corporations working in the US Embasy and Green Zone, I mean are we this naive to think Obama willjust give up control of Iraqi oil because of this magical withdrawal date?

Before we had the Republicans justifying the occupation... now we have the Democrats pushing their agenda to justify this occupation. Remember in mid termelections in 2006, the Democrats rode this platform of stopping Bush and the war only to get on their knees and pass every single Bush war budget request forthe next two years. Same thing with Obama. Rode this platform of being an anti-war candidate and look at him now.

SunDOOBIE wrote:
And what if the violence spirals out of control again like it has been the past month? You don't think withdrawals will be delayed? Tours extended? I am waiting for that June 30 date where US troops supposedly will pull out of major cities in Iraq besides Baghdad and Mosul. Lets see if Gates will want that extended.

IMO Obama lied straight up to the American Public about ending the war in Iraq. There is no end in Iraq.. just look at Obama's war budget set for 2010. 130 Billion?

And what about Dyncorp, Bechtel, Blackwater, all these security contractors? Are they just going to withdraw too?

What about the bases, military outposts and all these large corporations working in the US Embasy and Green Zone, I mean are we this naive to think Obama will just give up control of Iraqi oil because of this magical withdrawal date?

Before we had the Republicans justifying the occupation... now we have the Democrats pushing their agenda to justify this occupation. Remember in mid term elections in 2006, the Democrats rode this platform of stopping Bush and the war only to get on their knees and pass every single Bush war budget request for the next two years. Same thing with Obama. Rode this platform of being an anti-war candidate and look at him now.

I've realized argue with you gets nowhere because you are dellusional. So let this be the last time I need to mention you.. The last thread I agued withyou, you complained Obama was not being bipartisan b/c he rushed the Stimulus through Congress and in the same breath complained the economy is not gettingbetter when your were WRONG! So you wanted him to take his time with a stimulus to fix the economy at the same time as rushing to fix the economy.

And the military budget is always large, we are supposed to have combat troop half of 2010, and beef up war in Afghanistan because have you not heard Al-Qaedais 70 miles away from nukes in Pakistan.

You want Obama to take his time and not rush but want the effects now..

And all that Iraqi war we have been using YAY!.... We haven't taken a drop... I'm very liberal as most people would know, but Bush nor Obama has nevertaken that oil, if you did don't you think gas prices would have never gotten to $4.. The motives of the war was to overthrow Saddam, and yes I could agreeto an extent to take some oil but we didn't

Patience my friend patience because if you rush yourself into or out of war, or into/out of strategies you not only fail you make things worse.

"I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rashwar. " -Barack Obama......

Any smart person will tell you, you can't withdrawal from a war in a day or a month or 6 months.. If you try, you will have many more casualties... Ifthat's what you want go ahead hoss, but everyone will disagree because it is dangerous and stupid.

wow, as a soldier, i have many things running through my head.

im also wondering why he had a loaded weapon in a stress clinic.

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

wow, as a soldier, i have many things running through my head.

im also wondering why he had a loaded weapon in a stress clinic.
I'd stay strapped walking around Iraq, especially if a fellow troop shoots.

RIP to the dead. They shouldnt have had to leave the earth like that. Just horrible.

I hope this shooter isnt dead, and is in fact in custody. He better face the worst kind of punishment for this.

BTW, CNN link to the story
Didnt see it posted in here yet.

And all that Iraqi war we have been using YAY!.... We haven't taken a drop... I'm very liberal as most people would know, but Bush nor Obama has never taken that oil, if you did don't you think gas prices would have never gotten to $4.. The motives of the war was to overthrow Saddam, and yes I could agree to an extent to take some oil but we didn't

Patience my friend patience because if you rush yourself into or out of war, or into/out of strategies you not only fail you make things worse.

"I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. " -Barack Obama......

Any smart person will tell you, you can't withdrawal from a war in a day or a month or 6 months.. If you try, you will have many more casualties... If that's what you want go ahead hoss, but everyone will disagree because it is dangerous and stupid.

While the war may not be for oil outright, if we can get the right people to run the government in Iraq and make it look Democratic, we will definitely have aneasier time obtaining the oil for less money for large American companies.

Also the motive was not to overthrow Saddam, at first anyway. People seem to forget that we went in on the premise of WMDs and securing the threat to America,even though there really was no true threat to America. There wasn't even a threat to Kuwait, or other countries that neighbored Iraq. If there was, theywould have applauded our efforts but instead they disagreed with what we were doing wholeheartedly. The main reason was to assert our dominance and show therest of the world just how powerful we are. Also, we needed a place to install permanant military bases since the Saudis kicked us out.

Either way, this just proves that five more lives have been taken under false pretenses.

Also, these types of things have happened many times over the past 9 years. Soldiers committing suicide/killing other soldiers is frighteningly common.

I've realized argue with you gets nowhere because you are dellusional. So let this be the last time I need to mention you.. The last thread I agued with you, you complained Obama was not being bipartisan b/c he rushed the Stimulus through Congress and in the same breath complained the economy is not getting better when your were WRONG! So you wanted him to take his time with a stimulus to fix the economy at the same time as rushing to fix the economy.

And the military budget is always large, we are supposed to have combat troop half of 2010, and beef up war in Afghanistan because have you not heard Al-Qaeda is 70 miles away from nukes in Pakistan.

You want Obama to take his time and not rush but want the effects now..

And all that Iraqi war we have been using YAY!.... We haven't taken a drop... I'm very liberal as most people would know, but Bush nor Obama has never taken that oil, if you did don't you think gas prices would have never gotten to $4.. The motives of the war was to overthrow Saddam, and yes I could agree to an extent to take some oil but we didn't

"I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. " -Barack Obama......

Any smart person will tell you, you can't withdrawal from a war in a day or a month or 6 months.. If you try, you will have many more casualties... If that's what you want go ahead hoss, but everyone will disagree because it is dangerous and stupid.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and here comes... the OBAMA POSTER BOY.

First of all... you're comparing COMBAT missions to the Stimulus?
eyes.gif
No need to comment on that one.
roll.gif

PATIENCE?

Afghanistan war 2001 -

Iraq War 2003 -

How much more do we need to be patient? America has been in this Occupation war for the greater part of this decade and you're talking about PATIENCE?

Oh no AQ is 70 miles from Nukes? You mean WMDS? DEJA VU?

And you think all of a sudden 30,000 additional troops in Afghanistan will make a difference? You don't think the Bush administration explored sending inmore troops and armor into Afghanistan in the ohhh 7 years they have been there? But now Obama is in charge and viola in all due patience the US will win inAfghanistan whatever WIN means these days. You are really delusional. Burninig that OG eh?
laugh.gif

You're sounding more and more like those WAR MONGER Republicans. The mindset now as it was in 2002, war is cool as long as you have a Cmdr in Chief in the51% approval rate.

Ok let's say we pull out of Iraq (which is a war I never supported.. But I do support taking your time to get out and not rushing it. BY THE WAY you doknow Obama is constricted to December 2011 because of a timetable Bush signed right)

Pakistan does have nuclear weapons. Everyone knows it. It isn't some Iraq situation where we "know" and convince every1 they have it..
Pakistan has been apeasing Al-Qaeda for 6-7 years now and they are getting closer and closer to it. Pakistan cannot defeat Al-Qaeda, so how about we pull outand let it happen? You are @!#%@#+ dumb. War monger, so U.S. should never get involved in anything when it threatens us.. Iraq wasn't a threat.. But thisPakistan situation is. When the Pakistani gov't admits to having WMD's, part of which was with our help, we might want to stop our biggest enemy fromgetting it...

You are an unrealistic person SUNdoobie. The world is smoke and mirrors, and not black and white.. So when you want to get out of a war you don't snap yourfingers like I dream of genie and you're gone...

Call me a war monger if you want but what you ask of WAR, this is not tea and crumpets something that doesn't affect everyone it is WAR... Have to makesure you don't F it up and have to go back in 5 years full force. Which would happen if we pulled out of Iraq today and be gone within a month.

Originally Posted by just reason

same old ducks smh..
couldn't have said it better.. obama used the war to gain votes.. actually democrats and republicans are virtually the same.. they still have to preserve the power of the government..
this just goes to show that the mind of a soldier is destroyed.. desensitized and deranged at the same time..
the amount of soldiers who come back with post traumatic stress has to be near 50%..

i don't blame cassius clay for not going to war..
His name is Muhammad Ali.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

same old ducks smh..

Troops have to be relieved, if they have served the maximum amount of time on their tours. It's a cycle that's set, there is no sudden change in the tour periods if he sets a date on when there will be withdrawals. Plenty will be pulled and replaced before that date arrives.
And what if the violence spirals out of control again like it has been the past month? You don't think withdrawals will be delayed? Tours extended? I am waiting for that June 30 date where US troops supposedly will pull out of major cities in Iraq besides Baghdad and Mosul. Lets see if Gates will want that extended.

What about the bases, military outposts and all these large corporations working in the US Embasy and Green Zone, I mean are we this naive to think Obama will just give up control of Iraqi oil because of this magical withdrawal date?

Before we had the Republicans justifying the occupation... now we have the Democrats pushing their agenda to justify this occupation. Remember in mid term elections in 2006, the Democrats rode this platform of stopping Bush and the war only to get on their knees and pass every single Bush war budget request for the next two years. Same thing with Obama. Rode this platform of being an anti-war candidate and look at him now.

indifferent.gif
man! im a vet, and i agree we gotta pull out of Iraq, but i alsoagree we can't just drop everything and leave ...we gotta do it slowly ...that what obama said, and that what's he doing ...

if u wanna point finger at someone, point finger at that dumb !@#!@#! who shot his fellow comrades ...that dumb !@#!@ deserve to burn in hell ...stupid !@#!@like that i couldn't stand ...bush/obama didn't make him sign the paper works at MEPS to enlist ...he did. He know what he getting himself into when hearrives at bootcamp and swear in ...to defend this country.
mad.gif
mad.gif
...stop defending that dumb !@#!
mad.gif

Ok, first of all, Al-Qaeda is not the Taliban, and the Taliban is not Al-Qaeda. A lot of you guys use the two as if they are the same entity, when in fact theyare not at all. The Taliban in Afghanistan and the Taliban currently encroaching on Islamabad are only connected in beliefs, very little else.

Oh no AQ is 70 miles from Nukes? You mean WMDS? DEJA VU?

The threat of the Pakistani Taliban taking over Pakistan and aquireing the countless nuclear weapons is VERY REAL. We know for a fact that Pakistan has anuclear arsenal. If placed in the wrong hands the results could be devastating.
And you think all of a sudden 30,000 additional troops in Afghanistan will make a difference? You don't think the Bush administration explored sending in more troops and armor into Afghanistan in the ohhh 7 years they have been there?
They didn't, they were to bogged down with the crisis they created in Iraq to care about what was going on in Afghanistan.

aren't all military personnel (nurses,doctors and so on) suppose to stay strapped incase they get attcked? dude probably took a gun from one of them.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by just reason

same old ducks smh..
couldn't have said it better.. obama used the war to gain votes.. actually democrats and republicans are virtually the same.. they still have to preserve the power of the government..
this just goes to show that the mind of a soldier is destroyed.. desensitized and deranged at the same time..
the amount of soldiers who come back with post traumatic stress has to be near 50%..

i don't blame cassius clay for not going to war..
His name is Muhammad Ali.

Do you mean Gaius Cassius Longinus? As in the dude who murked Julius Caesar? Kinda confused... I mean that guy did go to war.

By the way... this really isn't Obama's fault. Compare it to climbing down a cliff, with a ton of gear on your shoulders, with a lake, ocean, or riverbelow you. Sure you could drop down and save yourself the time of climbing down with all that gear and land in the water, but the chances are very high thatyou will break some of the stuff in the backpack. That "stuff" in the backpack is valuable, like the security and stability of the Iraq government.While we would accomplish our own goal of making it down either way we do it, Iraq isn't ready to be dropped that soon, and it is our responsibility tomake sure Iraq is safe. Until then, we have to let them "piggy-back" us until they're ready to be on their own. It would be irresponsible and badon the US part in the event that Iraq collapses a few years after we ditch them like that. The US already looks like a giant #$@%#*$ to the rest of the MiddleEast, why should we be so careless after screwing up the first time again to let Iraq fall? It's simply unaffordable and not worth dropping out so soon. Bythe way, even if this war does cost us so much capital, the recession and inflation will always have some sort of end. That is how its been for as long as theUS has existed.

Ok let's say we pull out of Iraq (which is a war I never supported.. But I do support taking your time to get out and not rushing it. BY THE WAY you do know Obama is constricted to December 2011 because of a timetable Bush signed right)

Pakistan does have nuclear weapons. Everyone knows it. It isn't some Iraq situation where we "know" and convince every1 they have it..
Pakistan has been apeasing Al-Qaeda for 6-7 years now and they are getting closer and closer to it. Pakistan cannot defeat Al-Qaeda, so how about we pull out and let it happen? You are @!#%@#+ dumb. War monger, so U.S. should never get involved in anything when it threatens us.. Iraq wasn't a threat.. But this Pakistan situation is. When the Pakistani gov't admits to having WMD's, part of which was with our help, we might want to stop our biggest enemy from getting it...

You are an unrealistic person SUNdoobie. The world is smoke and mirrors, and not black and white.. So when you want to get out of a war you don't snap your fingers like I dream of genie and you're gone...

Call me a war monger if you want but what you ask of WAR, this is not tea and crumpets something that doesn't affect everyone it is WAR... Have to make sure you don't F it up and have to go back in 5 years full force. Which would happen if we pulled out of Iraq today and be gone within a month.
Of course Pakistan has nuclear weapons, roughly around 200. Pakistan cannot defeat AQ without our help? Are you kidding me? You're makingit sound like a bunch of rag tag militants wearing sandals and carrying home made bombs are going to somehow take over a country with over 600,000 militarypersonnel, the 7th largest military in the world. So what you're saying is Pakistan is in danger of a Taliban take over and somehow the Taliban will beable to just take over the Pakistan Nuclear Command Authority, torture their commanders into giving them the launch codes and the Taliban will all of a suddenbecome a super power?

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Fear Mongering?

Again like I said.. .the REPUBLICANS back during the Bush administration had ample excuses, and reasons to continue FUNDING and SUPPORTING these wars.. and nowisn't it just laughable to see people like Essential1 who says he is a liberal and didn't support the Iraq war NOW providing all types of reasoning to justify thisoccupation and war. Hypocrites.. that's all ya all are. Instead of being a true liberal, you switch your stance and beliefs just because Obama isPresident now and that is beyond PATHETIC.

Lastly... you quoted Obama's anti war speech back in 2002...

This is also what he said...
I know that even a successful war against Iraq THE TALIBAN will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq Afghanistan without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

Hmmm.. so what do you call Predator Drones dropping bombs on innocent victims? A dumb war maybe? Strengthen the recruitment of AQ? Raise Anti Americansentiment in the Af/Pak front?

Additional forces in Afghanistan means what? More bases and command posts to be built? More security contractors to be hired? More Haliburton contracts?

undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.
Maybe you should take off your Obama rosey glasses and actually read a headline. Whose the war criminal now?
Mon, 11 May 2009 06:20:06 GMT

US rejects Afghan demand to stop killings

In the latest series of strikes nearly 150 civilians including women and children were killed on Tuesday when US warplanes dropped bombs on two villages in Bala Baluk district in the western Farah Province.
http://www.presstv.ir/det...&sectionid=351020403

^^

so u expect the US just pick up everything and leave? i wanna hear ur plan Mr. SunDOOBIE.....i dont support the war and im a vet btw ..

Back
Top Bottom