Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm slightly intrigued.

Russian fake British Jewish banker turned gangster inheriting the family business.

Coco is def Mirlo worth that time.

Is paddington??

I noticed the first one is high 90 as well. Never seen it. Are they good? Kids movie?

Jumanji moving more money than JL :wow:

Not to **** on JL or the DC films but If someone would've told me 10+ years ago that a Jumanji sequel would make more money than a JL film, I would've laughed... and yet, here we are.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle = Worldwide: $674,560,909 in less than a month

Justice League = Worldwide: $654,405,943 in two months...
Ironically enough The Rock is probably going to be the thing that saves the DCEU...

Got dayum Stellan sure had a lot of kids... How many Skarsgards are there? Started watching Big Little Lies since it's garnered some awards. Stellan's son Alexander is a terrifically menacing character. The only thing I hate is how they dangle the main narrative in every ep... 3 eps in out of 7. I actually picture the actors in this show to be the douchey characters they are...

image.jpg

Gus Van Sant is such an interesting director. He has a talent for enveloping the viewer like a blanket with the story he wants to tell. Even his bad movies are at least interesting & better than some director's good movies.

When Creed was first announced, I rolled my eyes. I love Michael B & what Coogler did with Fruitvalle Station but the thought of another Rocky flick?!?! I was pleasantly surprised at what Coogler came up with.

Fast forward to Creed 2 with the story line being Adonis fighting Drago's son... Even with Cheo Hodari Coker writing the script, it still sounds sooo stupid. The story line sounds like the stupidity of the other Rocky sequels. I hope they prove me wrong on this one too. Michael B needs a better agent.

Last edited:
In A Valley of Violence 6.2/8

A good western. Hawke did his thing as a tortured war vet just passing through. Travolta wss good in his supporting role. Ransome was a bit amateurish as the idiot violent son. Gillian and Farmiga were okay.

Its a very simple but good flick.

Outlander 4.8/8. I watched only for my boy Jim Caviezel. These are the type of sci-fi movies Hollywood should be remaking. Alien soldier from an advanced civilization crash lands on Earth, crew dead, with a wild dragon like beast that hitched a ride running loose.

Oh and this is during the Viking era. So he ends up teaming up with Vikings to kill the beast(s).

I saw that yesterday on Twitter, Drago's son?

Dolph has to make an appearance, right? He and Rocky gonna look each other in the eyes for 10-15 seconds? :lol:

they got make drago tell creed “ look kid i aint mean to kill your pops” they really cant be still playing him as a bad guy thats so outdated

I've been fortunate enough to see him lecture a couple of times years ago. I'm a big fan of his. Looking forward to this doc. Here's a first look on a Fred Rogers doc. Wish they had a trailer. He has the same soul that Jimmy Carter has (who I've also seen lecture). Just an uncommonly decent & kind man.

watched kingman the golden circle. this joins my list as movies that i really enjoyed but got trashed on rotten tomatoes. what the heck man? this movie was great! the action scenes were awesome. i enjoyed it better than the first one. solid 6.5/8

Both Kingsman movies were stupidly good pop corn action flicks. Just stupid escapist fun... The absurdity of Elton John in it... It made my wife & son laugh several times. I wish they made Channing Tatum the turn coat instead of Pedro Pascal doe.

Both Kingsman movies were stupidly good pop corn action flicks. Just stupid escapist fun... The absurdity of Elton John in it... It made my wife & son laugh several times. I wish they made Channing Tatum the turn coat instead of Pedro Pascal doe.
yes! exactly!!!

Skarsgard got 8 kids including 4 boys who are actors.
Alexander who played Eric in True Blood, Gustaf who plays Floki in Vikings and Bill who played the clown in It. His last one hasn't been in anything we'd see here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom