Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^ yea, Jackie Brown caused a big stir...I guess because it's in movies and QT isn't running around throwing the N word around he gets the pass

^ yea, Jackie Brown caused a big stir...I guess because it's in movies and QT isn't running around throwing the N word around he gets the pass

Well, I remember him using it in Pulp Fiction, and even in Inglorious. I just always wondered why. I get the "real" angle in terms of characters, but lil white dude really gonna say dead _ storage to Jules in PF? Really? I dunno about that.

Well, I remember him using it in Pulp Fiction, and even in Inglorious. I just always wondered why. I get the "real" angle in terms of characters, but lil white dude really gonna say dead _ storage to Jules in PF? Really? I dunno about that.

what big j said is accurate and why i would bet forty bucks that smith wont do the movie. sry i am broke

the N word is incredibly complicated. i smacked the %$*+ out of one of my best frineds for calling me a **** so i wont pretend to understand the nuances of the N word. but i say it a decent amount

what big j said is accurate and why i would bet forty bucks that smith wont do the movie. sry i am broke

the N word is incredibly complicated. i smacked the %$*+ out of one of my best frineds for calling me a **** so i wont pretend to understand the nuances of the N word. but i say it a decent amount

Fast 5 was trash. *%$% anyone who convinced me to see this
30t6p3b.gif
Paul Walker and his stupid @!* face ruined it.

Fast 5 was trash. *%$% anyone who convinced me to see this
30t6p3b.gif
Paul Walker and his stupid @!* face ruined it.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Never seen it. Hate it.

Thank you! Someone with some sense. CP, the movie blew. The Rock blew, Paul Walker and his stupid %+@ face blew, Vin blew, Tyrese blew, that Vince guy, I'm happy he got shot and died. Only saving graces were the women and cars. I wasn't even expecting anything but suck, and the movie still couldnt live up
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Never seen it. Hate it.

Thank you! Someone with some sense. CP, the movie blew. The Rock blew, Paul Walker and his stupid %+@ face blew, Vin blew, Tyrese blew, that Vince guy, I'm happy he got shot and died. Only saving graces were the women and cars. I wasn't even expecting anything but suck, and the movie still couldnt live up
30t6p3b.gif

"My dad used to have a barbecue every Sunday..."

That's going to be what wins him his Oscar

Okay after the trash that was Fast Five, I had to wash it down with something good. Decided to watch 'No Mercy,' a Korean murder mystery from last year. Lets just say... Oldboy lost. The ending to this movie was literally a jaw-dropper. The rest was above average, in terms of acting and suspense, and there were no real fight scenes (this is way more of a procedural solve-the-crime movie), but damn... the last 10 minutes were almost too much. If you like Oldboy or other Korean mysteries, you should find a way to watch this. Oh and the lead woman, Hye-jin Han, would get the business. Hard.

PS. Dont read the message board on the IMDB page. Spoilers exist.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If that doesnt earn him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, nothing will.

Okay after the trash that was Fast Five, I had to wash it down with something good. Decided to watch 'No Mercy,' a Korean murder mystery from last year. Lets just say... Oldboy lost. The ending to this movie was literally a jaw-dropper. The rest was above average, in terms of acting and suspense, and there were no real fight scenes (this is way more of a procedural solve-the-crime movie), but damn... the last 10 minutes were almost too much. If you like Oldboy or other Korean mysteries, you should find a way to watch this. Oh and the lead woman, Hye-jin Han, would get the business. Hard.

PS. Dont read the message board on the IMDB page. Spoilers exist.

If that doesnt earn him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, nothing will.

'You know I like my dessert first, now gimme the veggies!'

For Your Consideration ... Dwayne Johnson, Best Supporting Actor

'You know I like my dessert first, now gimme the veggies!'

For Your Consideration ... Dwayne Johnson, Best Supporting Actor

roll.gif

Lines of the movie, easily.

I think if the way the Rock's storyline didnt pan out the way it did, I wouldnt hate this movie so much.

roll.gif

Lines of the movie, easily.

I think if the way the Rock's storyline didnt pan out the way it did, I wouldnt hate this movie so much.

Spike Lee tried to, he claimed Tarantino was infatuated with the word and wanted "to become an honorary black man"... Tarantino basically replied that his dialogue was accurate and honest, reflecting how his characters would speak (they were directly referencing Jackie Brown) Samuel Jackson defended Quentin saying in the film it wasn't offensive due to it being an homage to blaxploitation films.

Without getting into a debate over the word, he's "allowed" to do it because he's a writer and he finds it appropriate to his dialogue within the films. If it seems excessive or done with deliberately malicious intention, then I can understand an outrage. With his upcoming film it's going to be a huge issue I'm sure, especially regarding the subject matter... but I don't expect it to be anything that ruins the film.

I get what you mean. A part of me wants to say, I give him a pass, because his movies are great to me and he has real characters with real motives and an...understanding of language and dialogue that I can only weebey face at. And maybe because he can get real character out of these actors and a confident mood, I really do only see that person. Not words off a script page, but that person in their situation.

I mean, the line in Pulp Fiction still has me looking sideways. I remember thinking when I saw it uncensored...hol up...this is the director? So he thinks he's that cool? ...well this is the only great thing this punk is ever gonna make.
laugh.gif
I didn't/don't think too much of Reservoir Dogs...
nerd.gif
(and didn't know he wrote True Romance back then)

I remember DL on Real Time saying...'they took n_ out of Huck Finn and replaced it with slave. White people, that's not an upgrade.' Who knows if QT understands the word as much as an Aaron MacGruder or Spike Lee. I'm not sure he's earned it...or could earn it, but it sounds like natural progression. If you count his True Romance script, he's been building up to something like this.

I don't think that means, it's ok as long as your movie is good and you're not tacky, but you can feel it in the theater with the crowd, in the (lack of) flow of the film. What's obscene or offensive? right...

And I guess I still kinda need to watch Jackie Brown again. I just remember it being a whole movie made out of %!#%$! leftovers from True Romance filled with Bizarro Pulp Fiction people. Hated it and the dialogue, the first and last time I watched it.

The closeminded me says, you don't need to use the n-word to be ignorant, but this seems like just another excuse for QT to get away with it. I mean, Spielberg almost gave Schindler to Scorcese...but he didn't. He knew what it meant and what it'd mean to himself, his heritage, his family and he did it. 

It's just kinda sad that there aren't any black directors, I could see making the movie this sounds like. Because that's probably gonna be a big issue around when this comes out. Was St. Anna a mulligan? Fuqua? Hughes brothers even count? John Singleton does not give a **$%. Lee Daniels does plays. I don't even know who I'm forgetting. ...It's too early to be rambling.

That being said...my ticket was bought when they announced it. 

Missing Kill Bill 1, cuz my friends were too punk that day to sneak in ftl.
laugh.gif
never again.

I think I want to read that script now. Anyone got it?
nerd.gif

Spike Lee tried to, he claimed Tarantino was infatuated with the word and wanted "to become an honorary black man"... Tarantino basically replied that his dialogue was accurate and honest, reflecting how his characters would speak (they were directly referencing Jackie Brown) Samuel Jackson defended Quentin saying in the film it wasn't offensive due to it being an homage to blaxploitation films.

Without getting into a debate over the word, he's "allowed" to do it because he's a writer and he finds it appropriate to his dialogue within the films. If it seems excessive or done with deliberately malicious intention, then I can understand an outrage. With his upcoming film it's going to be a huge issue I'm sure, especially regarding the subject matter... but I don't expect it to be anything that ruins the film.

I get what you mean. A part of me wants to say, I give him a pass, because his movies are great to me and he has real characters with real motives and an...understanding of language and dialogue that I can only weebey face at. And maybe because he can get real character out of these actors and a confident mood, I really do only see that person. Not words off a script page, but that person in their situation.

I mean, the line in Pulp Fiction still has me looking sideways. I remember thinking when I saw it uncensored...hol up...this is the director? So he thinks he's that cool? ...well this is the only great thing this punk is ever gonna make.
laugh.gif
I didn't/don't think too much of Reservoir Dogs...
nerd.gif
(and didn't know he wrote True Romance back then)

I remember DL on Real Time saying...'they took n_ out of Huck Finn and replaced it with slave. White people, that's not an upgrade.' Who knows if QT understands the word as much as an Aaron MacGruder or Spike Lee. I'm not sure he's earned it...or could earn it, but it sounds like natural progression. If you count his True Romance script, he's been building up to something like this.

I don't think that means, it's ok as long as your movie is good and you're not tacky, but you can feel it in the theater with the crowd, in the (lack of) flow of the film. What's obscene or offensive? right...

And I guess I still kinda need to watch Jackie Brown again. I just remember it being a whole movie made out of %!#%$! leftovers from True Romance filled with Bizarro Pulp Fiction people. Hated it and the dialogue, the first and last time I watched it.

The closeminded me says, you don't need to use the n-word to be ignorant, but this seems like just another excuse for QT to get away with it. I mean, Spielberg almost gave Schindler to Scorcese...but he didn't. He knew what it meant and what it'd mean to himself, his heritage, his family and he did it. 

It's just kinda sad that there aren't any black directors, I could see making the movie this sounds like. Because that's probably gonna be a big issue around when this comes out. Was St. Anna a mulligan? Fuqua? Hughes brothers even count? John Singleton does not give a **$%. Lee Daniels does plays. I don't even know who I'm forgetting. ...It's too early to be rambling.

That being said...my ticket was bought when they announced it. 

Missing Kill Bill 1, cuz my friends were too punk that day to sneak in ftl.
laugh.gif
never again.

I think I want to read that script now. Anyone got it?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom