Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Any good esoteric recommendations. Watched Dead Man recently with Johnny Depp. Not what I was expecting at all. Wouldn't say it was good or bad, interesting watch nonetheless

Sairoise Ronan is my favorite.
I absolutely dig her.

I remember seeing her in I Could Never be Your Woman as Michelle Pfiefers daughter and thinking she was blah, just another kid actress.

Then I saw Atonement and I knew she could work.
The Lovely Bones, I absolutely hated the Film but she made it bareable, then along comes Hanna...what a dope Flick, she killed it.

I never saw another film of hers until Lady Bird came out, and again...she can act her *** off.

Shorty is dope.
Saw her on Fallon the other night.
She’s really grown up.

I forgot about it. I had seen it but it’s been a looooooong time. Glad there’s dudes in here like you that appreciate Wong Kar Wai. Speaking of which, has he done anything lately?

Hes actually been working on his first TV show the last year for Amazon. It’s set in early 1900s San Francisco Chinatown.

Should be really interesting...if it ever comes out :lol: we know how long he takes on projects.

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/wong-kar-wai-amazon-tong-wars-blossom-television-1201889648/

He beat Mark Waid ( Irredeemable) to the punch.....
Well Waid was probably never gonna get his comic to a movie on his own

But this looks good. Dont go for horror but I'll give that a watch.

Mandy 6/8 - Some really good shots and the music amps up the tension. I didn't really get the point? But its so stylish and creepy I recommend it.

Amazon Prime’s Catastrophe is hilarious... Didn’t even know Season 3 had been available. Adult comedy at its best.

Amazon Prime’s Catastrophe is hilarious... Didn’t even know Season 3 had been available. Adult comedy at its best.
Yea it came out a while ago.
Their chemistry is insanely good with Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney, and of course I'm feeling Game Night so much right now because it's so dope, but her being in it helps heaps.

Sairoise Ronan is my favorite.
I absolutely dig her.

I remember seeing her in I Could Never be Your Woman as Michelle Pfiefers daughter and thinking she was blah, just another kid actress.

Then I saw Atonement and I knew she could work.
The Lovely Bones, I absolutely hated the Film but she made it bareable, then along comes Hanna...what a dope Flick, she killed it.

I never saw another film of hers until Lady Bird came out, and again...she can act her *** off.

Shorty is dope.
Saw her on Fallon the other night.
She’s really grown up.
You seen Grand Budapest Hotel? She wasn't the focus of the film, but she was great in the relatively small screen time she did have.

Catching up in here.

a-friend a-friend your post about Game Night were appreciated.

That's is one of best comedies I've watched in a while.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

You seen Grand Budapest Hotel? She wasn't the focus of the film, but she was great in the relatively small screen time she did have.
I haven't seen it. I almost watched it last Christmas, but then we opted for a 500 Piece Puzzle instead.

Damn, didn’t get to see Widows this weekend... Too much Christmas shopping to do... I’m off the last week of Christmas so hopefully it will still be on the theaters so I can catch it then.

Promised my son we’re going to see Into The Spiderverse & Aquaman when those flicks drop...

Overlord 5.9/8 - Really wanted to give this a higher score the tension was there the cast was there but it didn't deliver in the last 20 minutes. Things got too whacky even for a zombie/infected flick. Julius Avery is good in my book though give that man more scripts!

I haven't seen it. I almost watched it last Christmas, but then we opted for a 500 Piece Puzzle instead.
Make time to watch this Christmas. Probably my favorite, or at least top 3, Wes Anderson films. Tragic but inspiring little film.

Back
Top Bottom