Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1/2 way thru Venom (fell asleep watching it last night)...

Quick thoughts:

1. Not as bad as I thought it would be...some laughable parts.
2. Studios REALLY messed up by not going the R-rated route. Would have been that much better.
3. Glad I didn't spend money on this in theaters.

Just saw Widows for the 1st time. The semi plot hole (which they called out near the end) was just too much for me to believe. I was entertained but had the “come on son” look on my face about halfway through and couldn’t shake it. Performances were outstanding. They just needed to tweak the script a little bit. That type of outlandish-ness needs a comedy element to it for it to work

I miss this show
1618738-wallp002.jpg

Forget if I ever posted this in here, but a little while back I binge-watched all four seasons of "The Tudors" and all three seasons of "The Borgias" within a month period. Great shows, both extremely well-done.

Last edited:
Just saw Widows for the 1st time. The semi plot hole (which they called out near the end) was just too much for me to believe. I was entertained but had the “come on son” look on my face about halfway through and couldn’t shake it. Performances were outstanding. They just needed to tweak the script a little bit. That type of outlandish-ness needs a comedy element to it for it to work

I just saw it the other day myself,
you mean that traffic violation or the frame at the end?
I felt like something wasn't quite right but it was well performed overall.

I was close to grave digging the misfits thread just to show that Nathan is in that show umbrella academy doing the same thing:rofl:. Alisha is on that ABC shows Good Doctor or whatever faking an american accent. Simon was on GoT I think. I forgot other dudes name but he was or still on multiple British shows and Kelly turned out to be racist so her career went to shiiiii I think

I just saw it the other day myself,
you mean that traffic violation or the frame at the end?
I felt like something wasn't quite right but it was well performed overall.

I meant the widows actually going through with the robbery. COMPLETELY unbelievable. The guy who you owe $2 million to, needs that money to defeat Mr Mulligan. Ol girl is presented a notebook that contains the information on how to get $5 million from Mr Mulligan. It makes ABSOLUTELY no sense why she wouldn’t simply sell this info to dude. Neeson calls her out on this after the fact but I couldn’t shake it. A teacher not about that life of buying guns and strong arm robbing people.

Then you got the girl who is built like an MMA fighter having to be the DRIVER. Not the one carrying the cash. Not the one handling the guns. Just driving.

I really enjoyed the movie, but some things got the major side eye from me

I watched the first episode of misfits a long time ago I believe, and I liked it

I forget why I didn't carry on with the show

I can't wait to see how Mike B's Black Leopard, Red Wolf turns out. Should be a great project for him. I really like what he's done with his Warner Bros development deal. He's long had an "inclusion rider" for the movies he signs onto requiring the projects he works on to have a diverse cast & crew. More importantly, he helped Warner Bros recently into adopting that policy broadly to all of it's projects.

On a related note, I caught the tail end of the first Creed on BET yesterday... Props to Ryan Coogler on everything he's accomplished so far. A true American auteur if ever there was one. I'm geeked about seeing his next project with Mike B, Wrong Answer...

The Oscars are Feb. 24th
The Favourite doesn't come to Redbox until March
Whoops.

Just started Umbrella Academy. So far it’s like if Wes Anderson did sci-fi. Needless to say I’m enjoying the hell out of this first episode. Who knows where fit will go. Visuals are on point so far tho

Back
Top Bottom