Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Still never saw this flick even though Clay Davis doing Omar lines had me dying in the trailer.

I don't know your taste in comedy or sense of humor, but if I were you I'd give it a shot. John C is worth the price of admission alone. Movie was cast perfectly IMO.

Ballers is not it. I see what they're trying to do. I see what the Rock was trying to do. It aint it.

He should've found something more solo. I feel like he never did fully lean in to trying to be the next action star hero. Probably should look @ Bosch and Luther and mimic that.

8r38.gif

Anyone in here watch GLOW? I heard someone raving about the new season the other day. Worth catching up on?

Ballers is not it. I see what they're trying to do. I see what the Rock was trying to do. It aint it.

He should've found something more solo. I feel like he never did fully lean in to trying to be the next action star hero. Probably should look @ Bosch and Luther and mimic that.

Rock consistently picks trash work

Going purely off the trailers I’ve seen, I think HBO’s Watchmen series is going to be the goods...

Rock consistently picks trash work
This is true.

To me he has not found his niche and style as a movie star which is crazy cuz it was quite easy for him being the Rock in the WWF/WWE for decades. Fam had attitude and style oozing out him 24/7.

Now he trying to be this good guy and doing generic action flicks playing charactera with no edge. Fam is not Will Smith. He needs to break bad with a few roles.

This is true.

To me he has not found his niche and style as a movie star which is crazy cuz it was quite easy for him being the Rock in the WWF/WWE for decades. Fam had attitude and style oozing out him 24/7.

Now he trying to be this good guy and doing generic action flicks playing charactera with no edge. Fam is not Will Smith. He needs to break bad with a few roles.

Do you think Rock cares though? I think he’s cool just taking the easy money. With Will, it was pretty clear early on he cared how people perceived him as an actor. That’s why he did Six Degrees of Separation. I’m not sure the Rock is worried about getting props for his acting.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 4.8/8 - I liked the creatures as per usual when GDT is attached to something. Other than that I could've waited...

It’s crazy looking at the Rock’s filmography, he’s been consistently working in movies since 2002 and I’m struggling to find more than a handful of films I would call good or even rewatchable. He has a ton of charisma and I don’t think he’s a bad actor at all but he probably has the weakest resume of any A-list actor ever.

Do you think Rock cares though? I think he’s cool just taking the easy money. With Will, it was pretty clear early on he cared how people perceived him as an actor. That’s why he did Six Degrees of Separation. I’m not sure the Rock is worried about getting props for his acting.
I think he cares to an extent. I know he wasnt happy with the reactions to his early first movies.

These generic hits won't be successful forever or even for the next decade.

All it'll take is a handful of new young actors who are action stars to push him aside to no longer the maim character and have him fearing a Steven Seagal type future.

Saw Good Boys earlier, 4.5/8 it definitely tried to be a 6th grader Super Bad type movie. While it had its share of funny parts there were plenty of cringe scenes too and the main plot fell a bit flat. I liked Booksmart a little more.

Borat legit made me laugh hysterically out loud in the theater. I literally had tears in my eyes :lol:

That might have been the only time I’ve laughed that hard in my life. I didn’t laugh that hard during the Hangover but my sister was with me for that one and she was falling out of her seat laughing.

Haven’t been any gut busting comedies too recently. Game night was close to that for me as the most recent

Borat legit made me laugh hysterically out loud in the theater. I literally had tears in my eyes :lol:

That might have been the only time I’ve laughed that hard in my life. I didn’t laugh that hard during the Hangover but my sister was with me for that one and she was falling out of her seat laughing.

Haven’t been any gut busting comedies too recently. Game night was close to that for me as the most recent

I think Blockers made me laugh out loud also. I wasn't expecting it to be as funny as it was so I was definitely surprised.

The movies I saw in the theater that the whole audience laughed the hardest at are There’s Something About Mary, American Pie and Borat.

Old School and Wedding Crashers are runners up.

And to be clear, I don’t think American Pie is funnier than any of those movies, I just happened to see it with a very live crowd.

Back
Top Bottom