Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

ScaredRashKoala-size_restricted.gif

is it thatAntman joint?
Looked cool to me from the preview. How was it?
Great. By Ant-Man I hope youre just referencing Paul Rudd :lol:

The ending could've been better but every ep was really good the journey there was pure entertainment. Story format was similar to The Affair.

is it thatAntman joint?
Looked cool to me from the preview. How was it?

I’m three eps in and like it a lot. Good concept, well acted and, for me, strikes the right balance between funny and serious moments. It’s dark and quirky, so I could see some people not being into it.

I'm still firmly planted in Portland. With my next selection, as the sports category is getting thinner, I think it's time to make the dive. With selection 7, I humbly select one of the most interesting, well performed roles of the decade. With my particular neck of the woods having a keen interest in the film, there was a lot of fanfare about Margot Robbie's performance and how spot on she was.

I, Tonya
Sports

i-tonya-movie-poster.png

The judges are accepting an expansive interpretation of the term “sports movie” for this draft. There are limits though. For example, if someone were to select Captain America: The Winter Soldier as their sports movie based on the scene when Steve is running around the park, that might be pushing it ...:D

giphy.gif

WHAT THE ****?

WHAT?!

SPORTS!!?

SON IF I KNEW WE COULD PUT DAMN NEAR ANYTHING IN THIS CATEGORY I WOULD'VE BEEN PICKED FENCES!

giphy.gif

What just cuz the kid played football or baseball its sports? :lol:

tenor.gif

IDK. I guess we should've clarified earlier because sports is pretty vague. Baseball is a major theme in Fences. You don't get many sports sequences, but baseball is an allegory throughout.

Like Searching for Bobby Fisher and Fresh are both chess movies, one obviously being more literal than the latter.

But if people think it's too much of a reach, I'll re-pick.

Back
Top Bottom