Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So glad Bridesmaids and Macgruber got taken. Absolutely all decade worthy.
God damn so many funny Macgruber scenes :rofl:

the throat rips
The cemetery sex scene
The obsession with remembering dudes license plate
Killing his whole squad in the van
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As promised, my list of all-decade free agents still on my draft board.

How to Train Your Dragon
The Intouchables
Paranorman
Prometheus
This is 40
Brave
Wreck-it-Ralph
Frozen
The LEGO Movies
The Night Before
Arrival (very suprised this went undrafted)
Zootopia
La La Land
Masterminds
Moana
Kubo and the 2 Strings
The Shape of Water
Dunkirk
Little Hours
Game Night
Isle of Dogs
Free Solo
Icarus
Overlord
Midsommar
Glass
Yesterday
Mother
I am Mother
Ready or Not
Southpaw

and many more documentari

My all decade best 10 would have been:

Sports: Warrior
Drama: Social Network
Comedy: What We do Shadows
Horror: Get Out
Crime: undecided
Sci-fi: Inception
Action: Mad Max
Western: Django
Comics: Black Panther
Utility:John Wick

A few that I was upset I had to omit but couldn't squeeze in

The Grey
Short Term 12
Zero Dark Thirty
Lion
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Life of Pi
Chef
50/50
The Invitation
Blue Ruin
Green Room
It Follows (I actually disliked this the first time I watched it)
The Guest
Hugo
Source Code
End of Watch
The 13th
West of Memphis

If you want to PM me, PM me your votes for Top 3, Top 5, 1-12, whatever you want.

There are no UDFA.

Just to be clear, I dont think the horror genre has had a better decade. These past 10 years have been EXCELLENT and delivered numerous classics.

I feel like a lot of writers/directors FINALLY realized the importance of having a solid story as the foundation, as opposed to simply chucking special effects, cheap jump scares and gore against the wall. They finally treated the horror movie consumer with some dignity :lol::nthat:

The worst era for me was the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I dont think the horror genre has had a better decade. These past 10 years have been EXCELLENT and delivered numerous classics.
I mean there's a whole draft's worth of solid horror picks left. The Witch. Midsommar. It Follows. CABIN IN THE WOODS. **** ... IT :lol:

You know how hard it was not to pick mother! off the strength of I wasn't sure whether or not low-key my own mind was trolling itself :lol:

Hold up Annihilation. Split. It's deep. We ****ed up not splitting categories :smh:

Last edited:
CP did NOT say this. This was not said, by me, ever. :lol:

No wonder I keep getting PM's.
tenor (6).gif

Yup it was disrespectful to put Horror/Thriller as one. If anything it should have been Crime/Thriller and Horror by itself

I mean there's a whole draft's worth of solid horror picks left. The Witch. Midsommar. It Follows. CABIN IN THE WOODS. **** ... IT :lol:

You know how hard it was not to pick mother! off the strength of I wasn't sure whether or not low-key my own mind was trolling itself :lol:

Hold up Annihilation. Split. It's deep. We ****ed up not splitting categories :smh:

Hold up hold up hold up. I swear to god someone picked cabin in the woods. If not, shame on all of us. :smh:

I remember crossing it off my list way before I picked my horror

21 Jump Street was the movie I was talking about still being on the board. Glad someone picked it. Easily the funniest Comedy of the decade. Just rewatched it recently and **** is do damn funny :lol:

Back
Top Bottom