Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Joined Dec 27, 2014
I raved like a mad man over this movie for some reason. Probably a bit of prisoner of the moment but I did really like it. Still do.
Movie was excellent. I honestly had never heard of it and went in thinking it was going to be like a straightforward home invasion Unlawful Entry type of watch or something. Did not expect the progression of the plot at all. Funny that we both caught True Detective vibes. I love taking a chance on something I scroll by randomly and it paying off :nthat:

Last edited:
Joined Sep 14, 2000
Best part about that case was how he was caught. Tried boosting a car a in East LA and ended up getting thumped on by the whole hood :lol: :nthat:
I remember it all really well. Felt to me at the time like the whole city was on edge. Each morning you were wondering whether he struck again. I keep the lights on in my room at night the entire period. And when the news broke he got caught, it was such a relief and celebration. Crazy time.

calibeebee

Supporter
Joined May 6, 2007
I swear most movies of white guys going to those areas and getting arrested on a drug charge, finding out how harsh their drug laws are and then their experiencing prison in a foreign country are really good.

The beginning premise of the movie reminded me of Midnight Express, Broken Palace, and Return to Paradise.
Never heard of any of these. Will check Out
Cold in July (2014)

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.
this movie was EXTREMELY LIT!!! One of the wildest movies I’ve ever seen. **** just keeps escalating :lol:

Joined Aug 14, 2012
Cold in July (2014)

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.
Is it on any streaming platforms?

calibeebee

Supporter
Joined May 6, 2007

I wish more films would use the sepia tone CGI effect. I think I remember reading it was an accident Coens used that filtered effect because the filming location had a once in a lifetime delayed rainy season so when they went to shoot, everything was extremely lush green and it didn’t fit the dust bowl/depression vibe they were going for. So they had to alter the colors post production and it came out wonderful.

Haven’t really seen anything like it since then, and I feel like it makes the entire movie so much more dope. this water scene is the only scene where it’s really noticeable, but the rest of the movie it just looks naturally old timey.

Joined Sep 14, 2000
I watched Escape from New York last night for the first time in years. Was much slower than I remembered. It was enjoyable, but I don’t think I’ll be revisiting it again anytime soon.

Joined Feb 7, 2008
If your a fan of Stand-up "The Comedy Store" documentary series on Showtime is fire. First episode covered the early years and how the Store came to be and early comics...Letterman, Leno, Pryor, Freddie Prinze and the importance of Carson. The Interviews and stories are dope. Every comic is on this doc.
This sounds amazing.

I watched Escape from New York last night for the first time in years. Was much slower than I remembered. It was enjoyable, but I don’t think I’ll be revisiting it again anytime soon.
I watched Escape from L.A. on the bike at Lifetime 3 days in a row, and didn’t realize it was a sequel. I just thought the characters were supposed to have met Kurt Russell in a fake, past universe that wasn’t a movie. And that ridiculous basketball scene...

calibeebee

Supporter
Joined May 6, 2007
Joined Dec 27, 2014
What's NT's thoughts on Trick-r-Treat?

Saw it a while back and thought it was 'okay.' But it seems to have achieved a cult like following and people seem to love it.

The Halloween vibe/tone is done really well.

Also, watched 'Us' last night. Pretty brilliant movie :nthat:

Caught some things that I missed on the first go round.

Last edited:

sb

Joined Oct 22, 2012
Last edited:
Joined Dec 27, 2014
Still not sure how this works 🙁 Pick you favorite shows based on the category?
Have you ever done a fantasy sports draft?

Replace players based on position with TV shows based on category category/genre
Draft order is randomly picked
Snake style (if you have last pick round 1 you get 1st pick round 2)
When it's your pick choose a TV show based on the categories you need to fill on your "team" (can't be something already selected by another user)
When draft is complete judges judge the strength of your "team"
Winner gets nothing

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now