Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Lol, don't take it too personal (the 00s draft I actually saw all those movies which is probably why I lost miserably), I pretty much did that same thing with college (substitute not watching for reading). I pull a lot out of those one paragraph synopsis
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Lol, don't take it too personal (the 00s draft I actually saw all those movies which is probably why I lost miserably), I pretty much did that same thing with college (substitute not watching for reading). I pull a lot out of those one paragraph synopsis
nerd.gif

"hmm what does Rottetomatoes have to say about this

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

nerd.gif

"hmm what does Rottetomatoes have to say about this

Originally Posted by DubA169

marathon man is sick and not slow. up in smoke is hilarious. The tenant is great if you like Polanski. I downloaded paper moon haven't watched it yet but it sounds good. Kramer vs Kramaer is supposed to be a classic. Conversation isn't his best but it's a solid movie
Yeah, Up In Smoke is great.  Best Cheech and Chong movie by far, IMO.  The only other one of those movies that I remember seeing all the way through is Smokey and Bandit.  I like that too.  Burt Reynolds in his prime and Jackie Gleason is great as the sheriff chasing him.  Sally Field was also pretty cute back then, which is another point in the movie's favor.  I kind of remember seeking parts of Breaking Away, but don't remember much about it. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

marathon man is sick and not slow. up in smoke is hilarious. The tenant is great if you like Polanski. I downloaded paper moon haven't watched it yet but it sounds good. Kramer vs Kramaer is supposed to be a classic. Conversation isn't his best but it's a solid movie
Yeah, Up In Smoke is great.  Best Cheech and Chong movie by far, IMO.  The only other one of those movies that I remember seeing all the way through is Smokey and Bandit.  I like that too.  Burt Reynolds in his prime and Jackie Gleason is great as the sheriff chasing him.  Sally Field was also pretty cute back then, which is another point in the movie's favor.  I kind of remember seeking parts of Breaking Away, but don't remember much about it. 

If Leo is really on board, Will Smith is a certified idiot if he walks away from that role...

If Leo is really on board, Will Smith is a certified idiot if he walks away from that role...

Django, Will Smith
Dr. Schultz, Chirstopher Waltz
Calvin Candie, Leo
Stephen, Samuel L, or Morgan Freeman

If this right here happens.........
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Please let this cast happen, please please please please

Django, Will Smith
Dr. Schultz, Chirstopher Waltz
Calvin Candie, Leo
Stephen, Samuel L, or Morgan Freeman

If this right here happens.........
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Please let this cast happen, please please please please

Originally Posted by CP1708

For the first 45 seconds or so, I wasn't too sure about this preview/movie. 

And then, I started to lean towards my screen........
smokin.gif

Fincher, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-dragon-tattoo-american-trailer_n_869545.html

The trailer was cool, except for the cover of Immigrant Song.  Didn't care for that too much.  But I guess it worked with the rest of the trailer.  I'll be checking this one out, most likely.

Originally Posted by CP1708

For the first 45 seconds or so, I wasn't too sure about this preview/movie. 

And then, I started to lean towards my screen........
smokin.gif

Fincher, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-dragon-tattoo-american-trailer_n_869545.html

The trailer was cool, except for the cover of Immigrant Song.  Didn't care for that too much.  But I guess it worked with the rest of the trailer.  I'll be checking this one out, most likely.

Okay here's my top 3 from the draft. Sorry it took so long, been busy. If anyone wants clarification I'll expound later, I'm on my phone right now.

In order 1-3,
LTB
Chester
JRS

This time around was a lot harder to judge than the other drafts.

Okay here's my top 3 from the draft. Sorry it took so long, been busy. If anyone wants clarification I'll expound later, I'm on my phone right now.

In order 1-3,
LTB
Chester
JRS

This time around was a lot harder to judge than the other drafts.

Salander on her stomach? Yeah, I like where that's headed. Hopefully her retaliation is included.
And I second that Immigrant Song cover being terrible. C'mon now, you never ever ever cover Led Zeppelin.

And CP, how's the voting coming along? Still waiting on a lot of people or na?

Salander on her stomach? Yeah, I like where that's headed. Hopefully her retaliation is included.
And I second that Immigrant Song cover being terrible. C'mon now, you never ever ever cover Led Zeppelin.

And CP, how's the voting coming along? Still waiting on a lot of people or na?

Johnny, I'm tryna get just a couple more votes, I'll put them out by Friday. It's close as always so far.

Johnny, I'm tryna get just a couple more votes, I'll put them out by Friday. It's close as always so far.

Back
Top Bottom