Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

When you only have 7 a day before it’s released, and it goes over 50%, the 7 seem like plants. :lol:

Untitled.png

I read Damon’s daughter refuses to watch Good Will Hunting and makes fun of him for The Great Wall… why these kids of celebs that have never accomplished anything so high and mighty? Your dad’s a literal legend and still can make good movies amidst the bad ones.

I read Damon’s daughter refuses to watch Good Will Hunting and makes fun of him for The Great Wall… why these kids of celebs that have never accomplished anything so high and mighty? Your dad’s a literal legend and still can make good movies amidst the bad ones.
Keep in mind they're his kids tho. They probably grew up not seeing him for long periods of time when he's out filming. And when they spend time out together they probably always get interrupted by fans. So right away these "great" movies he makes probably bear some sort of resentment for her. I think it's natural for her to downplay his success. Probably a way for her to remind him that even though the world sees you as a star, I see you as my Dad. She probably also has his Boston gene lol. Can't stay up on the high horse for too long, gotta come down to earth once in a while.

Conan also talks about how his kids always downplay his success. He said he'd feel like something was wrong if his kids praised what he did like everyone else. He says he sometimes needs to be grounded and they provide that.

Keep in mind they're his kids tho. They probably grew up not seeing him for long periods of time when he's out filming. And when they spend time out together they probably always get interrupted by fans. So right away these "great" movies he makes probably bear some sort of resentment for her. I think it's natural for her to downplay his success. Probably a way for her to remind him that even though the world sees you as a star, I see you as my Dad. She probably also has his Boston gene lol. Can't stay up on the high horse for too long, gotta come down to earth once in a while.

Conan also talks about how his kids always downplay his success. He said he'd feel like something was wrong if his kids praised what he did like everyone else. He says he sometimes needs to be grounded and they provide that.

Taking that situation way more seriously than you need to be :lol:

If you do this

1FE73053-BB9E-4028-BCBB-058960E853C1.jpeg

It’s required homework for the child :lol: she can skip EVERYTHING else if she wants. Call it the only box you need to check when it comes to “what does my dad do for a living?”

Of course she’s not gonna watch, she’s a first year grad student. She just got finished with some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison prob'ly, she’s gonna be convinced of that until next month when she gets to James Lemon, then she’s gonna be talkin' about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, then she’s gonna be out here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Last edited:
If you do this

1FE73053-BB9E-4028-BCBB-058960E853C1.jpeg

It’s required homework for the child :lol: she can skip EVERYTHING else if she wants. Call it the only box you need to check when it comes to “what does my dad do for a living?”

Of course she’s not gonna watch, she’s a first year grad student. She just got finished with some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison prob'ly, she’s gonna be convinced of that until next month when she gets to James Lemon, then she’s gonna be talkin' about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, then she’s gonna be out here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

I generally like the idea of Shakespeare plays/movies more than I actually like them. I’m sure the new movie is really well done, but I probably won’t be in a rush to see it.

i wonder if it takes place in modern times or if it’s gonna be set in medieval Shakespeare era. Honestly I can’t picture Frances McD in anything Other than current day America.

But Joel Cohen directing solo :wow: :wow: :wow:

Wait, Lady in the Water sucked? :lol: Never saw it.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed “Signs” and of course The Sixth Sense.

soooooo bad. He destroyed his career to make this film. Son had a Lindsay Lohan type falloff. It’s crazy how Disney completely made the right call on dropping dude.

Back
Top Bottom