Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyone else get pedo vibes watching this? Some scenes made me super uncomfortable.
No. None that I recall.
Don't know if it's true but apparently there originally was going to be a sex scene where she comes on to him.
Apparently the director, Luc Besson, has been accused of rape several times, is considered a predator, and likely a pedo due to getting a 15 year old pregnant in his 30s.

He tended to write what he knew until somebody above him cut that **** out of his movies.

Foundation is ok, interesting concepts, great visuals and 1 pretty good storyline that will bring me back to a S2. I like the empire and Demerzel, interesting character and the actress plays her well. Lee Pace is good as Brother day. Other 2 storylines were kinda weak and uninteresting at this stage of the show. Gaal and Salvor got them cheeks though.

Anyone watch the live Cowboy Bebop yet? I'm seeing it get massacred online. Will still watch but with no expectations.

Ghostbusters Afterlife was superb. 🔥🔥🔥

THAT is how you reboot/mix an OG with somethin new.

Some might complain a lil slow beginning but they absolutely stuck the landing. :pimp:

All 4 kid leads were marvelous. I'm excited to see where they go with it. 🙏

7.5/8

Just wanna say Jared Leto’s in House of Gucci and been in Gucci Guilty commercials for years :lol:

Anyone watch the live Cowboy Bebop yet? I'm seeing it get massacred online. Will still watch but with no expectations.
Only seen the first episode. The characters so far are on point. They changed a few things but so far its okay. It's at the level I expect from an adaptation.

The China Syndrome (1979)
MV5BZjU0OWRmMmEtZTkzNC00NjUyLWJkNzMtMjYxMWYyMzQ5NjQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExODYyNA@@._V1_.jpg

Saw this for the first time. Still holds up. Good movie.

Kajillionaire (on HBO)
MV5BNTkxYzUxMDQtZWRiNy00ZWUwLWIxYjMtNWExODBmMzRkZGVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU1NzU3MzE@._V1_.jpg

A lot of heart in this movie. I enjoyed it. It was funny, weird, & definitely different. Evan Rachel Wood sold her character. Great acting & great writing.

Watching Django again since a cool minute.
damn sham Leo didn’t get nominated. Hell, he should of won it over Lans. Killed every scene he was in.

Belfast (2021)

Womp womp. Such high reviews. It opened real good and was on a good roll and then it dropped off & started to drag hard. Cinematography was great tho. Just got boring. Was expecting more about the conflict I guess.
Screenshot_20211121-111630__01.jpg

I thought King Richard was really well done and nailed some of the most pertinent parts of Venus and Serena’s upbringing

unfortunately Richard Williams is a scum of a human being who shouldn’t be celebrated in the slightest and that kind of taints the movie for me

Ghostbusters Afterlife was superb. 🔥🔥🔥

THAT is how you reboot/mix an OG with somethin new.

Some might complain a lil slow beginning but they absolutely stuck the landing. :pimp:

All 4 kid leads were marvelous. I'm excited to see where they go with it. 🙏

7.5/8

Saw Ghostbusters Afterlife and it was INCREDIBLE! Saw it Friday morning at the earliest showing (10:20). It was so beautifully well done. The perfect blend of old and new.

And while I won't spoil ANYTHING, the ending is the best! I needed the napkin that they leave on the seat tables before movies (Movie Tavern), as me being a kid of the 80s and the original in my top 5 (Top 3) this hit me well! I can't wait to see what's next! Thank you Jason Reitman! 🙏🙏🙏

Back
Top Bottom