Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

darthska darthska live footage of me driving, listening to Steal My Sunshine

1685577975605.gif

He did great in WaterWorld.

All I knew him from was this and Speed when I was younger. Had no idea he was a well respected legend in the industry and was kinda phoning it in by that point. Had never heard of easy rider until I was in my 20’s.

All that said, True Romance prolly my fave performance of his

All I knew him from was this and Speed when I was younger. Had no idea he was a well respected legend in the industry and was kinda phoning it in by that point. Had never heard of easy rider until I was in my 20’s.

All that said, True Romance prolly my fave performance of his
I knew him a lot in WaterWorld considering the amount of times I watched that movie and having to watched that eye-popping performance. :rofl:

The choice is simple…

You take the blue pill…you watch the Star Wars sequels and believe…whatever Disney wants you to believe

You take the red pill…you get the PRQUELS…and I show you how deep George Lucas’ vision goes

1685646312752.jpeg

Across the Spiderverse is amazing. If you're a Spiderman fan, I don't see how it's not your favorite movie.. strictly off of all of the different Spiderman and easter eggs and references. I WISH I was as big of a fan so I could have appreciated all of them. True fan service. As a movie, I think this one can challenge the first one for sure. I think it looks better visually, as the animation is just as good but didn't feel as overwhelming. I rewatched the first one this week, and I felt like sometimes the animation was a bit too much and hard to watch, despite how gorgeous it looked. This one gives you all the same uniqueness but it slows it down just enough where I'm not feeling nauseous halfway through. Some of the shots in this movie are just jaw dropping. I think the first one has a tighter story, but that's also because this is part 1 of 2.. so it's tougher to judge. This one also feels a bit long at times, like it drags just a bit. If the first one is a 96/100, this one is right there probably with a 95/100. I'll probably flip flop on which one I like more, but it's excellent across the board.

Prisoner of the moment I'd probably pick this one just because it amps up what you liked about the first one. More emotional depth with the family, more Spider struggles this time with Gwen replacing Peter as the secondary lead, but it's absolutely top notch. I can't wait to see how they bring this one home with the finale.

For the Fast lovers
I like Hobbs as the bit character he is in the main Films. Short stints whether for or against the family, sorta as their anti-hero but Rocky can never just be satisfied with his piece.

Finally caught Fast X though, and boy that was phenomenal. What a blockbuster. Good guy Dom passing on his superhero genes to his boy. Dante the joker somehow works, dude had me dying at times just enjoying being a bat**** insane gay joker. He needs to just go ahead with the face paint next episode, make The Dark Knight his "The Town" like Joe Mazzulla. My god I don't know which stunt was more nonsense, so many laughs. Somehow it drew me back in after how tacky Fast 9 was, with the same damn elements. Hard to rate these on a normal movie scale, but this was a 7/8 on a Fast scale.

Back
Top Bottom