Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sadly, add Breaking Dawn: Part 1 to my 2011 list CP.

Girlfriend
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Chester, JPZ, you two in? 
nerd.gif

JPZ, uh yeah, sure, I can add that for ya......midnight showing eh?  Pretty excited for it......your thoughts? 

laugh.gif

Saw Moneyball last night.  Liked it.  Not loved it, but did like it.  Pitt/Beane is in every single scene damn near.  Those are tough to pull off.  They really, really underused Art Howe/Hoffman.  I don't remember detail by detail of that season, but I do remember the streak, and some of the players, you mean to tell me that during this huge run, there was never a moment that Art Howe came to Beane and said "Ok, you were right, I'm with you?"  And if that didn't happen, Howe never came to Beane and said "whatever, I don't care, I hate you"?  Like I said, they didn't use Howe for @#$%.  There HAD to be some sort of dialogue at that point, something.  Pro, con, something. 
The Daughter angle, at first I thought they were going to use her to make us feel sorry for him, or he's just a family man angle, but then they hardly went that route.  Like they were toeing the water. 
So there were issues, but overall the movie still held my attention.  I enjoyed the arguments with the scouts and all that, but I wanted more focus on how he got there, or why he was goin that route.  And if Shapiro would actually listen to Superbad, why would he hand him over to Oakland so easy? 

Was like a 7, maybe an 8, but I did like it and am glad I watched it.  I did wonder the whole time what the Fincher version might have been.  (wasn't it Fincher that wanted it, or who got passed over last minute, maybe I have the name wrong)

Chester, JPZ, you two in? 
nerd.gif

JPZ, uh yeah, sure, I can add that for ya......midnight showing eh?  Pretty excited for it......your thoughts? 

laugh.gif

Saw Moneyball last night.  Liked it.  Not loved it, but did like it.  Pitt/Beane is in every single scene damn near.  Those are tough to pull off.  They really, really underused Art Howe/Hoffman.  I don't remember detail by detail of that season, but I do remember the streak, and some of the players, you mean to tell me that during this huge run, there was never a moment that Art Howe came to Beane and said "Ok, you were right, I'm with you?"  And if that didn't happen, Howe never came to Beane and said "whatever, I don't care, I hate you"?  Like I said, they didn't use Howe for @#$%.  There HAD to be some sort of dialogue at that point, something.  Pro, con, something. 
The Daughter angle, at first I thought they were going to use her to make us feel sorry for him, or he's just a family man angle, but then they hardly went that route.  Like they were toeing the water. 
So there were issues, but overall the movie still held my attention.  I enjoyed the arguments with the scouts and all that, but I wanted more focus on how he got there, or why he was goin that route.  And if Shapiro would actually listen to Superbad, why would he hand him over to Oakland so easy? 

Was like a 7, maybe an 8, but I did like it and am glad I watched it.  I did wonder the whole time what the Fincher version might have been.  (wasn't it Fincher that wanted it, or who got passed over last minute, maybe I have the name wrong)

I think it was Soderbergh, then dude did flu season.

Blue Chips
Cool Runnings
The Program
Playmakers
Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac

I think it was Soderbergh, then dude did flu season.

Blue Chips
Cool Runnings
The Program
Playmakers

Blue Chips
Cool Runnings
The Program
Playmakers

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You right, Soderberg (sp)

MrO
Johnny
Dub
Big J
Ches
Nos
CP

That's 7, we need one more. 

And @#$% all of you if you bring up 4 Knicks and 3 "Oregon" guys.  I will kill you.  Dead.  Barehands.  Lifeless.  Don't do it. 

Blue Chips
Cool Runnings
The Program
Playmakers

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You right, Soderberg (sp)

MrO
Johnny
Dub
Big J
Ches
Nos
CP

That's 7, we need one more. 

And @#$% all of you if you bring up 4 Knicks and 3 "Oregon" guys.  I will kill you.  Dead.  Barehands.  Lifeless.  Don't do it. 

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

My left arm hurts, so it might be a heart attack... put me down as a maybe.

Edit: The tingling passed, yet another narrow escape of death.. I'm back in it.

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out.

My left arm hurts, so it might be a heart attack... put me down as a maybe.

Edit: The tingling passed, yet another narrow escape of death.. I'm back in it.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

Let's win this thing, brother!

Team Ducks Bros. got this
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CP1708

Let's win this thing, brother!

Team Ducks Bros. got this
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Sounds like a lot of you guys watch American Horror Story. It looked really cheap to me, is it good?
nerd.gif
I hate that I love it. It's car crash television. Johnny is right on about not reading too much into it and just letting it happen, but that's difficult for me. I know that it'll ultimately piss me off, writing-wise, but I continue to watch and set myself up for defeat.

As far as horror and debauchery go, it is pretty wonderful, and probably the show I look forward to most right now. I don't think there's ever been anything like it.

Theres no thread for AHS?
The only reason y I really watch it, is to figure
out w t f is going on. Seen bout every episode
embarassed.gif

Mind #+@# for real

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Sounds like a lot of you guys watch American Horror Story. It looked really cheap to me, is it good?
nerd.gif
I hate that I love it. It's car crash television. Johnny is right on about not reading too much into it and just letting it happen, but that's difficult for me. I know that it'll ultimately piss me off, writing-wise, but I continue to watch and set myself up for defeat.

As far as horror and debauchery go, it is pretty wonderful, and probably the show I look forward to most right now. I don't think there's ever been anything like it.

Theres no thread for AHS?
The only reason y I really watch it, is to figure
out w t f is going on. Seen bout every episode
embarassed.gif

Mind #+@# for real

Back
Top Bottom