Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anybody watch the show Boss that was on Starz? I cant believe it was canceled..that show was dope :pimp:

Like it better than HoC

I don't think I even have a show on CBS-ABC-FOX-NBC right now.

My rotation is House of Cards, GOT, The Walking Dead, True Detective, The Leftovers, Fargo, The Knick, Sherlock (BBC), Black Mirror, probably forgetting some. Almost through Mad Men, in the process of The Americans. Watching just S2 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Last edited:
I don't sleep as much as I use to :lol: but the whole saving shows to watch on your free time thing has been a great advancement in tv tech. If only I got paid to do this :smh: :nerd:

The better the show, more of a chance I'll stay dedicated to post about it. There's probably like 3 or 4 more shows I could talk about/make a thread for if I felt NTers would watch and add to the discussion as well.

I only have 1 show right now that I'm all in with - Game of Thrones. That's it. I like New Girl too, but don't have to watch it as it airs. Nothing else has really grabbed me recently. I'd generally rather watch movies on TV or sports than most shows that are one these days. Shrugs.

Imagine if The Price is Right was on HBO. :nerd:

Bob Lee Swagger had a pony in isolation. Come on man :lol:

Last edited:
Imagine if The Price is Right was on HBO.
nerd.gif
"Our next contestant,,,,,bring your Mother-******* *** down!"

Since you seen so many what are your top 5? Of all time and currently watching?
All time is hard. I can never do that since it won't be set in stone. Too many great shows I've watched. I'll just bring up a random 5 that were all great to me in no order from 2000-2013 and to make it easier on myself I'll leave out comedies :lol:

Game of Thrones
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Luther
House

I will say I am of the mind that tv series have made a quantum leap in quality more so in the past 5-7 years than it has the past 15 or so which explains why I have shows that are all pretty recent.

As for currently, aint much now since all the shows are taking breaks. It's basically been reruns of Columbo, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, and whenever I can catch The Mentalist, and mindlessly fun reality shows. Off the past few months though (Mid Sept to mid Dec I guess), in no order:

Elementary
The Affair
Person of Interest
Newsroom
The Good Wife (this is really good but it may just be my guilty pleasure)
Homeland
The Game

And that's a quarter of the year that isn't even the best of the year. Yeah I gave you 7 but I felt Newsroom was worth mentioning even though it's done and I'm not sure if The Game was one and done or not. Plus I still feel like I'm leaving out 1 or 2 great shows I've recently been watching.

Come next quarter though I'm looking forward to the next seasons of The Americans, Bates Motel, Vikings, Better Call Saul, Broad City, Always Sunny..., Hannibal, Penny Dreadful, Shameless
Imagine if Hannibal was on HBO

Man they are already pushing it on NBC. They did some things I didn't think they could on tv. On HBO, this would have been crazy as hell
Man it'd be a straight horror show on HBO. I don't know if I could stomach it :lol: The show is already so great with the story, writing and imagery.

They'd probably go too far showing Hannibal cooking ppl alive or something. I mean what's worse than making a man eat and enjoy his own legs?

Imagine if The Price is Right was on HBO. :nerd:

I'd finally get to bang

cuz she'd definitely be a showcase prize :evil: :pimp:

The amount of F bombs when ppl went over when they spun the wheel :rofl: I already love the show but that'd actually be an improvement :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Watching this Movie called Electric Slide.
It's pretty fun.
Music is dope AF.
Plus, it has that chick from Yhe second Tramsformer movie that turned into an robot in his dorm room. I've been unknowingly looking for her. Isabel Lucas, batch is bad. Just looked her up on IMDB, she is an Aussie too.y weakness. Didn't know she was Athena in Immortals, one of my favorite movies too.

While on the subject, wasn't there an Immortals 2 coming?

Last edited:
watched Unbroken last night...

- Jack O'Connell, please get use to seeing his face and hearing his name. He is the future of Hollywood for the next 50 years. He's 24 and already well polished.
- The film has a really strong first act, but the second half gets really slow and dull. Kills any momentum and excitement you had originally.
- Great cinematography, but Jolie really botched the pacing in the second half.

None of you guys watch reality TV?

I swear my DVR is full of Bad Girls Club Million Dollar Listing Master Chef Hells Kitchen Bar Rescue Love and HipHop Project Runway Survivor Master Ink Ink Master Black Ink Crew and so on. LoL

None of you guys watch reality TV?

I swear my DVR is full of Bad Girls Club Million Dollar Listing Master Chef Hells Kitchen Bar Rescue Love and HipHop Project Runway Survivor Master Ink Ink Master Black Ink Crew and so on. LoL

I watch Top Chef, but that's about it. Used to watch Survivor, but it got old for me. Same thing over and over.

My wife watches a ton of reality though. Pretty much every non-scripted show Bravo offers, particularly the Real Houewife ones. So, though I try to minimize it, I am forced to watch some of that occasionally.

Going to run thru some movies today

Equalizer

This is where I leave you

Foxcatcher

maybe Edge of Tomorrow if I have time before work

finished watching the directors extended version of fellowship, watching deso of smaug now

love the world building they did in the og trilogy, shooting in NZ with real backdrops rather than cgi still looks amazing 13 years later

the practical effects and makeup still look great too, all the cgi in the new movies looks like a world of warcraft cinematic 

character wise bilbo is far more likeable than any og trilogy hobbit, frodo is a liability

aragorn is that dude 
pimp.gif

:rofl: @ Frodo being a liability

How they was cool with lettin dude run around unsupervised with the ring like that :smh:

both frodo and harry potter were no talent bums who got carried through their adventures by their actually gifted friends and dumb magic rules

Back
Top Bottom