Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

To me Black Mass looks like it's going to be great and I've been feeling that way since seeing more trailers and promos but I'll still wait for early reactions. I'd be a bit shocked here if Depp's performance isn't being praised and the movie doesn't get rave reviews.

Sicario and Everest was already on my list.

Goodnight Mommy sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Hey guys, has anybody seeen this movie? I'm about to watch it in our local mom&pop hipster theatre and I've literally never even heard a single thing about it. Anybody?

I've only seen a few clips, but I thought they were pretty funny. I've been meaning to catch the whole thing. I posted about it in here when I first heard of it (randomly discovered it existed when looking at Jemaine Clement's IMDB profile earlier this year). A couple of other NTers responded, said they saw it and gave positive reviews.

This movie man :lol: it was an ABSOLUTELY must-see. I laughed from start to finish. Very cool, very funny. It was like Step-brothers and Borat rolled into one movie. I strongly suggest you guys check it out. Brought a lady friend, she laughed the entire time as well

suberzat1 suberzat1 great post with that list.

Black Mass is definitely a must. 99 Homes, Everest, Welcome to Leith, and Office all caught my eye.

Patiently waiting for October for Beasts of No Nation.

Almost all of those movies on the list look like must-see's for me. Melanie Laurent :pimp:

Sidenote: has anyone else worked the /8 rating scale into their normal life?

New to this thread, but a movie I highly suggest everyone to watch is Whiplash.

Just got done watching it over the weekend and was very satisfied. It was Extremely intense and captivating.

If Rck doesn't respond to that question with a resounding "yes," I am going to be very disappointed.

I personally, have not.

Watched The Wedding Ringer last night

I'm not a Kevin Hart fan at all but it was a solid comedy, Hart actually acted some and wasn't over the top as usual

New to this thread, but a movie I highly suggest everyone to watch is Whiplash.

Just got done watching it over the weekend and was very satisfied. It was Extremely intense and captivating.
Personal thread favorite, I would imagine most in here had it as their favorite of last year (my 2nd favorite).

If Rck doesn't respond to that question with a resounding "yes," I am going to be very disappointed.

I personally, have not
I expect him to have been using it for years tbh.

Have yet to see powers besides the first episode of the first season (didn't like the acting) and I caught a random episode in season two....they had Marlo from the wire talking in a bad Hatian accent and I turned it off :lol:
but Tyrant season two was lit even though they trolled too hard in the last episode :lol:

Last edited:
Are you watching Mr. Robot? Finale is tonight.

Last season of Hannibal just aired over the weekend. You can catch the whole thing on demand.

There's some good comedies like Sex & Drugs And Rock & Roll, Married S2, Review, etc.

Tv wise right now seasons are finishing and it'll be like a week or two before the new stuff starts.

Movies - St. Vincent was good.

Last edited:
Are you watching Mr. Robot? Finale is tonight.

Last season of Hannibal just aired over the weekend. You can catch the whole thing on demand.

There's some good comedies like Sex & Drugs And Rock & Roll, Married S2, Review, etc.

Tv wise right now seasons are finishing and it'll be like a week or two before the new stuff starts.

Movies - St. Vincent was good.
Going to check out Mr. Robot finale tomorrow

Couldn't get into Hannibal after five episodes

Added that sex and drugs and rock and roll to my watch list

I'm at that point like you said where everything is coming to an end and I'm looking for stuff to watch. I think dark matter is still going on,just need to check for the next episode.

Will see what St Vincent is about

I watched the finale of Dark Matter last week. Forgot to mention it.

The season was in between average and above average. It kept my interest.

That finale had that twist viewers were waiting for and I think was a good enough hook to have fans checking out S2 at least.

Last edited:
I watched the finale of Dark Matter last week. Forgot to mention it.

The season was in between average and above average. It kept my interest.

that finale had that twist viewers were waiting for and I think was a good enough hook to have fans checking out S2 at least.

I always need a good sci-fi show to watch and was happy Dark Matter was pretty good. I would simp for 2, she's so fine with her Asian-Canadian self. I used to think 3 was a jackass but now it's reversed where I think 1 is a lame and he doesn't deserve 2.

Also good to see Roger Cross putting in work. He'll be in the final season of Continuum coming up. Also a show I like a lot but last season was buns.

I caught that in commercials too.

Roger Cross is in crazy demand :lol:

Love me some 2 :evil: and yeah 1 is a ******* lame. He's becoming ab it annoying. I'd prefer the guy he actually is show up on the show.

Back
Top Bottom