Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Can we get an updated pick list Commish?

1571092659863.png

With the next pick of the 2019 movie thread draft, in the 2nd Round
Team Calibeebee selects the Movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World(2010) from the university of COMEDY.

CD8D109E-4216-4334-97F0-14F140E4E9B4.jpeg

one of my personal all time favorite movies, any decade. There was some confusion in the draft combine about whether this film would play the comic book position or not, but we think this has comedy written all over it.

Some game film highlights of Bae Larson

Was wondering what draft you were speaking of on Twitter :lol: this is a pretty cool concept.

If you check the OP/2nd post, you can see all the decade drafts we've done. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and now 10's. We also did a character draft.

And we may do an All-Time Draft someday, but we'll see. That might be a Winter time thing.

:wow: that's very impressive, I gotta take a look and scroll through the picks. Side note, this new site and format is ****ing garbage right? Or is it just me?

:wow: that's very impressive, I gotta take a look and scroll through the picks. Side note, this new site and format is ****ing garbage right? Or is it just me?

Not just you. Also, if you want to be involved in this latest draft, I believe we still need a couple other judges. C CP1708 , correct me if I’m wrong...

What's impressive is I have all the drafts in a single spreadsheet broken down by tab. :nerd: :lol:

You get used to it after a while.

Caught a screening of "Uncut Gems" over the weekend at The New York Film Festival

8f6ec48e6fec37a90668c4bfcb1d275ca8882d0f.jpg

Even though this film broke my heart, which I won't get into for obvious reasons, I loved it. Adam Sandler's performance was phenomenal. Hard to believe this is the same guy making the excess amount of foolery on Netflix yearly. The film centers around a jeweler who's a degenerate gambler. It takes place in 2012 and centers around the Conference Semifinals btwn the Celtics and the Sixers, hence why Kevin Garnett plays a pivotal role. Honestly, the plot is downright genius. I won't go into specifics in fear of ruining the movie for everyone but as with Good Time, the Safdie Brothers do a great job of showing the underbelly of both the jewelry and gambling world.

Speaking of the Safdie brothers, they FaceTimed Adam Sandler during the introduction, who couldn't make the screening because he was in DisneyLand with his family :lol:

5e9e23c892d1772933fc6355afb56331f09a9f64.jpg

For the Abel stans (like myself), his role is small but he's mentioned and House of Balloons is mentioned a lot given the time period.

7.4 / 8

Last edited:
You know how you can draft Javier Baez and he can play 2B/SS/3B? I can always move Drive later if something else falls to me. For now, Action. Later, ?

I was expecting one of the Fast & Furious for your action picks but I guess you could draft them under sci fi too.

Back
Top Bottom