Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man green book was flames. I watched it the first time with my juniors last year after reading Huck finn in June. Movie checked all the boxes for me on an entertainment scale. Endgame was a complete panic pick though.

Green Book was a good movie though. Specifically cuz of Mahershala and Viggo but the story overall was the typical white/black 60s racism finding similarities through differences spiel that frankly got too much attention come award season.

If anything was eye opening was how dude did not blink at the doc's sexuality.

A truly excellent film with a star studded cast by a promising great director. One that I can only laugh that you fools let it fall so far.

With my 6th round pick, my selection is...

1*-RFkpWFnbtRsmsUbe4pZ2w.jpeg

THRILLER

And to all of you who kept putting off picking this movie or even worse forgot about it:

BoilingMajesticEasternglasslizard-small.gif

FearfulLeafyCatfish-small.gif

giphy.gif

I was shocked this lasted so long. I figured everyone just forgot about it.

The sirport scene is brilliant. Then when they finally get wheels up and this track hits. Chills.

Can't forget the god Bryan Cranston either.

I was shocked this lasted so long. I figured everyone just forgot about it.
For some reason I didnt think it came out this last decade so it wasnt even initially on my board. Then when I was forced to do some rearranging and changing of strategy I came across the release date I was like :wow:

Argo was legitimately the best movie of the year it came out and wasnt snatched up yet? I put picking that over genres I was weaker in. Also allowed me to shift things around.

Last edited:
Nice work on that We Need To Talk About Kevin pick macbk macbk Such a well acted movie. I thought that was damn near a masterpiece, one of those that needs to be seen but is also an incredibly hard watch.

Damn, I wish I knew that this was going on :lol: , I've been riding that unemployment train for a week now, I woulda been all over this

Haven't seen it in a minute, but it always comes back to me how twisted a movie it was.
Best of luck on your job search btw! jville819 jville819

C CP1708 you placed you placed The Other Guys for me as a Comic. Should be Comedy.

I remembered another actual sports movie from the 2010s. Problem is it’s only decent and not great. But If someone gets desperate for a pick in that category...

I remembered another actual sports movie from the 2010s. Problem is it’s only decent and not great. But If someone gets desperate for a pick in that category...
That's the problem.

I don't even watch a lot of sports movies and I was trying not to be put in certain situations since I was all about picking the best movies of the decade that were my favorites but it was getting to the point I might have to pick a sports movie I didn't even see :lol: :smh: Nothing against the rules I think but it was definitely against my entire game plan and philosophy.

Last edited:
For my last pick of the 6th round, I will be picking a movie that completed a great trilogy with heart, drama, action, and great effects. It's my pick for sci fi and I never thought I'd like apes more than humans..

War for the Planet of the Apes, sci-fi

1*13Ut750AYi3acgaEX3y99A.jpeg

giphy.gif

After much deliberation, in what for us is a depleted sports category given lack of interest and there not being an abundance of quality at the position, Master Zik Master Zik selects with the 2nd overall pick in the 7th round:

creed-ii-poster-ht-jc-180403_hpEmbed_2_13x15_992.jpg

giphy.gif

Ready to crush these last 3 rounds :nthat:

For my last pick of the 6th round, I will be picking a movie that completed a great trilogy with heart, drama, action, and great effects. It's my pick for sci fi and I never thought I'd like apes more than humans..

War for the Planet of the Apes, sci-fi

1*13Ut750AYi3acgaEX3y99A.jpeg

Tremendous pick.

I wanted to wait and let it be a deep sleeper but I really loved that trilogy and they brought it home so damn well.

Zombieland 2 5/8 - Has a lot of good laughs but the charm is lost on this one. Woody Harrelson is still a god.

The Addams Family (2019) 3.7/8 - Rough to get through. Almost no laughs and the art style makes me lose a lot of interest throughout.

Back
Top Bottom