Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

SLP at least has dancing and football. Fences had a kid and Denzel hitting a ball on a string. Not quite baseball. I object to Fences as sports. Suggest getback getback slot it into drama or utility.

I taught the play last year, it's a tremendous story and yes the themes dealing with sports and discrimination and having your dreams ruined and being bitter about others are prominent, but it's a story about a disgraced father trying to overcome his inner demons and cope with jealousy and envy. Sports, I think not, but awesome play, definitely.

I don't mind taking it out, but no way in hell does Silver Linings fit the characteristics of the other sports flicks picked.

Creed
Creed 2
Foxcatcher
Warrior
Rush
I, Tonya
The Fighter
Moneyball

Fences and Silver Linings Playbook ain't the same as those :lol:

Judges LMK because I might have to change my pick b4 MrO goes.

Last edited:
SLP is way more of a sports movie than fences. But they are both sports movies at their core. I only watched fences once when it first dropped, and I forgot what it was about. I say it should stand.

mronegative mronegative you’re on the clock!

For my next pick in Comedy, I choose:

The immeasurable, Sorry to Bother You!

giphy (1).gif
source (1).gif
68ea4707-9d78-4df9-b92d-eae0ec5cb784.gif

One of my favorite films of all time actually. ??

Zombieland: Double Tap - 5.25/8

If you enjoyed the first one, you’re sure to like this one too. Woody still shines the brightest in this but everybody does their thing. I’d watch the original again if you don’t remember it well, at lot of nice call backs to it. This is the first comedy sequel that took over 10 years to make that isn’t terrible. Stay for the mid credits and after credits scenes. :pimp:

I have a fantasy basketball draft at 2:00 PM EST and 7:30 PM EST but I'll be checking in between to see if it makes it back to me.

A slight adjustment to our draft picks, Team Calibeebee selects the comedy What We Do In the Shadows(2014)
617736E9-8AB0-4A64-B3D4-28141953854B.jpeg

commissioner, if you would be so kinda as to move Scott Pilgrim to the COMICS category. Thank you.

One of my most favorite comedies of all time. Criminally underrated. I haven’t watched the tv show, but I heard it’s trash.

A slight adjustment to our draft picks, Team Calibeebee selects the comedy What We Do In the Shadows(2014)

commissioner, if you would be so kinda as to move Scott Pilgrim to the COMICS category. Thank you.

One of my most favorite comedies of all time. Criminally underrated. I haven’t watched the tv show, but I heard it’s trash.

You been on one lol

What kind of draft is this?

NnnnnnnoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You sonofabitch. I hate you.

Pretty popular good comedy. Even though I haven't seen it but watched the show.

If we questioning draft picks so far there's only one maybe two ppl I'd swap entire rosters with so far :lol:
It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Please Zik, watch it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom