Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:rofl: Salty pick

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm
1844ae41abf2f64ca6ea291bdd7d378a.gif

C CP1708 you're up & I'm next. Dentist for me at 10 EST so I'm here til then.

Round 8, I can't pass on it again. Deepest category so I haven't worried about it, I hoped it would be slept on, it has been.

For my Comic, I will take the very unique, Joker.

AKA Taxi Driver with face paint. Two movies in one. The straight forward version, or the deeper dive if you believe (as I do) none of it truly happened, it was all in his head.

Marvel has a dozen film's this decade that qualify, but Joker stands out. Its own film, its own universe. And a truly Oscar winning performance by Juaquin. To get it in Round 8, I'm truly greatful.

Would be curious to see your thoughts on the movie. If you had any...... :nerd:
The politics of Joker are so (I choose to assume) intentionally ****ed. The movie is MAGA mixed with Occupy Wall Street. It's such a commentary TO the audience instead of on the character.

I'm convinced it's not a statement, it's a cipher. It is what you choose to focus on, on some kaleidoscope ****. It's the kind of brilliant that could ONLY be made by someone who excels at stupid comedy. The director has seen things like The Hangover be viewed as brilliant and Old School be viewed as fart humor, that it's like this nihilistic throwback post-humor, that hangs off one simple question: what if the most effective solution to offensive things is something offensive. Do the means justify the ends?

The movie teases you with such offensive comedy, but in tasteful ways. And then it gives you these big, liberal populist victories, except according to liberal values... they're had in offensive ways. But all the time, Joker keeps teasing the antisocial conservative, white school shooter id with moment after moment of Devil on your shoulder nihilism...almost...almost...then they WHIFF and say...eh...just kidding.

It's a huge mind ****.

The response IS the film IMO. They're one and the same.

How are you around it? :nerd:

TL;DR: How was Joker? Prolly just one big troll or something like that, iono.

Last edited:
With the 8th pick in the all-decade movie draft, Team Calibeebee selects the Korean sci-fi action sleeper Snow Piercer under the ACTION category.
7AFC3B89-CB05-46E3-A93D-BCDDB2AFECCE.jpeg

One of the most unexpectedly LIT films in recent memory from the same director as The Host, Okja, and Parasite. Nonstop action from start to finish. SOLID cast. I love how the fight scenes get more and more over the top, the further they movie through the train. The characters too.

It’s smaller players like these that can have a large impact on a teams roster. Thank you.

For those of you who have checked out Living With Yourself, apparently there’s now controversy over the Tom Brady cameo.

I guess Patriot fans are freaking out and are suggesting the Tom Brady scene was making fun of Robert Kraft’s arrest situation. I honestly didn’t think about Kraft at all when I watched that scene. People are OK sensitive about some things.

I just had a feeling man :lol:

I was 99% sure one of you would take it. I specifically thought you were gonna stick it in Sci-Fi like me.

Had a feeling it was going SOON with all the hard hitter action and sci fi flicks getting taken. Glad it fell to me and I didn’t have to waste my utility category on it :lol:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, The O-Neg Administration is requesting some changes before moving forward.

752ee97d-25a9-4346-882c-d63219d9e82b.gif

GET OUT is migrating from Horror/Thriller to Sci-Fi. Pray I don't alter things further.

89e63e18-3f61-4953-b85b-4eefb5e793de.gif

With my 8th pick I select...for Horror/Thriller: HEREDITARY

f93c6bc5-363b-455b-9d92-fb0f66dfe7df.gif

Legitimately one of the most skin-crawling films I've been unfortunate enough to experience, since it automatically brands images into your brain.

babe087d-a7af-493a-b205-ae9ae5fef015.gif

Real talk, this movie is actually terrifying. I didn't want to pick it for many rounds now, cuz I legit respect the fact that it's evil. It is actual ****ing evil. Choosing it is my deal with the devil. The most horrifying film of the decade.

fc156326-c40c-41b5-bb5b-bb90b6cd650e.gif

For those of you who have checked out Living With Yourself, apparently there’s now controversy over the Tom Brady cameo.

I guess Patriot fans are freaking out and are suggesting the Tom Brady scene was making fun of Robert Kraft’s arrest situation. I honestly didn’t think about Kraft at all when I watched that scene. People are OK sensitive about some things.

I mean.....he came out of a massage parlor with a huge smile on his face.......iono. Being that it was Brady, and of course Kraft, I can see where some would raise an eyebrow.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, The O-Neg Administration is requesting some changes before moving forward.

752ee97d-25a9-4346-882c-d63219d9e82b.gif

GET OUT is migrating from Horror/Thriller to Sci-Fi. Pray I don't alter things further.

89e63e18-3f61-4953-b85b-4eefb5e793de.gif

With my 8th pick I select...for Horror/Thriller: HEREDITARY

f93c6bc5-363b-455b-9d92-fb0f66dfe7df.gif

Legitimately one of the most skin-crawling films I've been unfortunate enough to experience, since it automatically brands images into your brain.

babe087d-a7af-493a-b205-ae9ae5fef015.gif

Real talk, this movie is actually terrifying. I didn't want to pick it for many rounds now, cuz I legit respect the fact that it's evil. It is actual ****ing evil. Choosing it is my deal with the devil. The most horrifying film of the decade.

fc156326-c40c-41b5-bb5b-bb90b6cd650e.gif

I had either this, or A Quiet Place, I went with Quiet simply because of the theater experience of everyone bein panicked to eat their popcorn or move their feet, it was just surreal watchin that film in actual silence with everyone.

I had either this, or A Quiet Place, I went with Quiet simply because of the theater experience of everyone bein panicked to eat their popcorn or move their feet, it was just surreal watchin that film in actual silence with everyone.
That's legit how I sold anybody on watching A Quiet Place in theaters. I told them, no don't wait till it's out on whatever...cuz understand something: You've never seen a theater full of :nerd: stereotypically loud *** people not make a f****** sound for 2 hours

Back
Top Bottom