Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was surprised no one picked Cool Hand Luke. And I thought picking 25th Hour was gonna prompt someone to do so :lol:

Couple others I was surprised weren't taken (that haven't already been mentioned)

French Connection
The Sixth Sense
American History X
Donnie Brasco
Rashomon
Boyz n the Hood
Close Encounters
Lost in Translation
Mystic River

And for the record, there isnt a better sci-fi franchise than Star Trek.

giphy.gif

I have most of those on my board, but I had other values step in front of them.

I was waiting for someone to claim Boyz under Sports since that kid got his ball taken away.....

"That kid" has a name :lol:

But in all seriousness, yeah it was hard picking between the films on my board too.

I was trying to think of the movies that immediately come to mind when someone asks me "what's your favorite movie?"

I know The Pianist was under consideration by someone but aside from that, No Polanskis were taken.

I’m not mad at that all to be honest

Too much religious hogwash influences and a far too simplified good vs. evil take with the story.

Star Trek is that pure uncut science fiction :pimp:

I haven't seen either

source.gif

Honestly whenever something involved space and sh*t I always gravitated away from it. I'll have to check them out.

9aaae8e9c928ec330006bd7ea07df27a.jpg

Too much religious hogwash influences and a far too simplified good vs. evil take with the story.

Star Trek is that pure uncut science fiction :pimp:

Yippee. Everybody on the planet knows who is better. Everybody.

Christ, Trek itself saw Star Wars blew up in 77 and tried to get in on the big screen in 79 and failed big time. Then Empire dropped in 80 and it was comical at that point. :lol:

Trek was first.
Wars was and always has been, better.

Yippee. Everybody on the planet knows who is better. Everybody.
Star Trek

Christ, Trek itself saw Star Wars blew up in 77 and tried to get in on the big screen in 79 and failed big time. Then Empire dropped in 80 and it was comical at that point. :lol:
You're talking about the success of movies.

I'm talking about the better sci-fi franchise.

If you want to argue SW had better movies in the 80s or made more money go ahead until your red in the face.

The superior sci-fi story lies in the decades spanning impeccable lore of Trek.

Let's be honest, Star Wars is more of a space fantasy than it is sci-fi. Been on that crutch for 9 movies.
Trek was first.
Wars was and always has been, better.
:lol:

I haven't seen either

source.gif

Honestly whenever something involved space and sh*t I always gravitated away from it. I'll have to check them out.
When I was younger when I eventually got in to both I initially avoided them as well. At this time both had been parodied and copied to a good extent that it was very spread out through pop culture. So I was aware of spoilers before I knew they were one.

Then I just let Patrick Stewart's voice draw me in to TNG and I loved it. However, when I eventually saw the SW trilogy I was not impressed. Up until the prequels for like 20 something years this is what SW fans would rave about. After the prequels, I grew to appreciate the OT more but man was I underwhelmed by this movie franchise that capitvated a generation.

End of the day, I'd take the 3 seasons of the original series Star Trek over those 3 Star Wars movies. They got the same cons (same weak action/choreography) while ST has the better pros (the writing is just better in every way).

So next draft categories:

Nicolas Cage
World War 2
Video Game adaptions
Star Trek Or Star Wars (Choose your answer, not a movie)
Animated

What else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom