Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If I’m being honest, Karate Kid III was pretty bad too. But I like it because the Terry character gives one of the great comically overacting performances ever. Right up there with John Voight in Anaconda.

Yeah I agree with you Karate Kid III is only good for nostalgia.

This is the greatest kill in a horror movie imo :lol: watch this movie a few times per year

1600906035047.gif
Ive always enjoyed the face melt from The Fly 2

BoldVigorousGallinule-size_restricted.gif

But I can see how the “intangibles” of your gif might top it 🧐

Gemini Man 4.1/8

What a ridiculous plot for a movie. I couldn’t really follow. So Will is a super assassin. Scientists discover cloning. They tell the world about dolly the sheep but they don’t tell the world about a human clone.

for some reason the lead scientist clones super assassin Will Smith? Then raises him as his own son? And trains him as another super assassin? With the main goal of killing old will smith when old will smith goes to retire.

again, the reasons behind everything are super unclear. Will smith and clone(s) have super human powers for some reason? Like Neo from the matrix cheat code type skills and powers.

some awful acting. Super obvious product placement and advertising. This is a straight up early 90’s cheesy action film. Just plain bad. The Young CGI Will is LAUGHABLY terrible looking. Instead of looking like a young fresh prince, It looks more like a mix of Rich Boy and The Game.

as bad and as ludicrous as this movie was, my big takeaway is that will smith made it even worse. I think if another actor was the lead, it would have been slightly better. I think Will needs to hang em up. This is like the 10th straight film of his where I think “damn, maybe it’s will.”

Will needs to try. Not just will smith his way through movies. Find a movie that challenges him or that he finds very interesting. Not just cause it will make him bigger or more money. I really think he needs to find his Alonzo. And before anyone says anything, no Denzel was always good and Alonzo didn’t do to Denzel what I’m asking for that type of role for Will but it will help him grow if he decides to do that.

Will needs to try. Not just will smith his way through movies. Find a movie that challenges him or that he finds very interesting. Not just cause it will make him bigger or more money. I really think he needs to find his Alonzo. And before anyone says anything, no Denzel was always good and Alonzo didn’t do to Denzel what I’m asking for that type of role for Will but it will help him grow if he decides to do that.
It's been a min.
2001-ali-1.jpg

b9e59bf488cfd26fb9d1d195c3f8ed50.jpg

IVcEvks.jpg

Seems like Will went through a phase when he was gunning hard for an Oscar and when he didn’t get one, kind of went into cruise control, where his is now.

Definitely an interesting career arc over the last decade or so.

He's playing the father of Venus and Serena Williams. Comes out in a year. Sounds interesting.

I've always just thought he was an average actor with a handful or really good performances. Perfect for the summer blockbuster, popcorn entertainment type of films. Probably wasn't easy to shed the Fresh Prince WIll Smith identity.

You definitely a bit hazy on details calibeebee calibeebee .

I'm going strictly off memory of when I saw Gemini Man last year or two years ago or whenever it came out. It wasn't a scientist that raised and trained Will's clone, it was Will's superior who was also a soldier in the field at one point in time.

The whole goal was to kill anybody that knew about the whole clone program. The last job he did was killing an innocent apart of it. So when he was told that by his homey and some other guy, he investigated and then they got killed and his clone started hunting him. That's basically the rest of the movie until Will turns his clone to his side and then they gotta kill another clone that doesnt have emotions or feels pain (basically part of the plot of Logan).

I did not notice Will having super powers or the clone. The whole explanation was Will was the best assassin there ever was, the clone was that but in his prime so he could pull off a bunch of 1 in a million moves a regular soldier couldn't.

The movie wasnt that good. By the numbers. What was really bad to me was the cgi. They did not use the de-aging efx that Marvel used on Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel. This was just lame green screen cgi. To me that was the most glaring bad thing about the movie.

Back
Top Bottom