Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

tenor-4.gif

Thanks

I just checked it's Showtime.

Google is still live though FYI.

1st 7 Favourite Movies that come to mind? Doesn't have to be specific, just say the 1st 7 to pop up.

1.Trainspotting
2. Warriors
3. Jurrasic Park
4. Blade Runner 2049
5. The incredible’s
6. My Neighbor Totoro
7. Attack the Block

Watching 8mm and I'm digging ty he vibe and everything but he just finds the diary in the toilet!?!?!

Then the one page that for some reason is torn and folded explains everything up until that point?

Its **** like this that throws me off of a movie. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I Kill Giants (2017) 4/8

Not worth your time. Started out looking like a hidden gem of a movie. Quickly became awful.

Weird tween girl with mommy issues believes that monster giants are real and that she needs to protect her town from them, using magic. She’s a problem student. Her older sister takes care of the family. So you have corny teen angst, pretty awful special effects, and a pretty stupid plot once things get rolling.

I would say watch just for Zoe Saldana and Imogen Poots but they got both of them looking like busted soccer moms in this film. I’m on a roll with these sci-fi stinkers lately.
I was shocked when they made this a movie. The graphic novel is okay but that ending would be a let down in any type of movie

Gymkata
Blood Sport
The Siege
Commando
Time Cop
Birdemic
Pride and Prejudice

:lol: wait I didn't see the word favorite when you said first 7 movies that come to mind I was just drunk and spit out 7 movies that would look ridiculous

Birdemic is legit the worst movie ever but so bad it's funny (yes it's worse than The Room)
Gymkata is bad but good too
Haven't seen Pride and Prejudice :lol:

:lol: wait I didn't see the word favorite when you said first 7 movies that come to mind I was just drunk and spit out 7 movies that would look ridiculous

Birdemic is legit the worst movie ever but so bad it's funny (yes it's worse than The Room)
Gymkata is bad but good too
Haven't seen Pride and Prejudice :lol:

Malibu's Most Wanted is atrocious, but it's one of my favourite movies. Favourite=/=Good. Now if I said that "was it a good" movie then no. Just no. No it isn't.

1st 7 Favourite Movies that come to mind? Doesn't have to be specific, just say the 1st 7 to pop up.

1.Trainspotting
2. Warriors
3. Jurrasic Park
4. Blade Runner 2049
5. The incredible’s
6. My Neighbor Totoro
7. Attack the Block

Not sure what you meant by "doesn't have to be specific" but here are 7 of my favs without thinking too much, because the list would change depending on when you asked.

1. Back to the Future
2. City of God
3. Sling Blade
4. Fargo
5. Heat
6. Jaws
7. Karate Kid (1984)

A legit classic in my mind.

Top 5 underrated movie along with Sum of All Fears, Pride and Glory, Body of Lies and Pain and Gain.

repped for the sum of all fears shout out, i don't even like affleck but that's a great movie.

we need more jack ryan flicks tbh

Not sure what you meant by "doesn't have to be specific" but here are 7 of my favs without thinking too much, because the list would change depending on when you asked.

1. Back to the Future
2. City of God
3. Sling Blade
4. Fargo
5. Heat
6. Jaws
7. Karate Kid (1984)
at what number does Ghost Dog come in

I keep scrolling by Sum of All Fears but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Holds up?

at what number does Ghost Dog come in

Ghost Dog is also up there. I love the tone and grittiness of it. The samurai/mafia marriage is also uniquely dope to me. I'm also a little biased because Forest is my good friend's cousin so I used to see him and Keisha at BBQ's and he became one of my favorites by default.

Are you not a fan? :lol:

speaking of ghost dog why is it not available anywhere? you can't even buy it let alone find a service that has it streaming.

1. Back to the Future
2. City of God
3. Sling Blade
4. Fargo
5. Heat
6. Jaws
7. Karate Kid (1984)
That's what i meant. The 1st 2 I put popped in my head immediately.

Basically just free flow it.

City of God is one of the movies I watch annually, btw. Great film.

Bloodsport
T2
Kickboxer
Karate Kid 1
Dragon The Bruce Lee Story
He Got Game
Love and Basketball

Didnt you watch T2 for the first time last year? Surprised you have it ranked so highly already

Ghost Dog is also up there. I love the tone and grittiness of it. The samurai/mafia marriage is also uniquely dope to me. I'm also a little biased because Forest is my good friend's cousin so I used to see him and Keisha at BBQ's and he became one of my favorites by default.

Are you not a fan? :lol:
I havent seen Ghost Dog since I was a kid, so i dont really remember it. Jim Jarmusch is a legend though. I should rewatch soon

I just like bringing it up to you cause of the avy. I was highkey disappointed you didnt draft it for the all time draft :lol:

speaking of ghost dog why is it not available anywhere? you can't even buy it let alone find a service that has it streaming.

Its hitting the Criterion Collection next month.

^^^ Yeah, I always wonder about the reasons there are certain movies you can never find on any streaming services. For example, I’ve looked for John Cusack’s Better Off Dead from the 80s and can’t find it anywhere. Is it because nobody wants to show a movie, the first hour of which, mostly involves Cusack’s character comically failing in trying to kill himself over his girlfriend leaving him? Or is just a business reason? It’s a mystery.

Solid Fall/Halloween movie with Jonathan Pryce as Mr. Dark. Loved this as a kid. Definitely pushed the boundaries for a Disney movie. Can never find it streaming, but I love watching it this time of year.

open-uri20150422-12561-1no1yzh_dca77882.jpeg

Something-Wicked-featured-beta.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2Fjonathan-pryce-game-of-thrones-hbo-High-Sparrow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom