Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

2f2e5c001306fc054a3e56803a24984b.jpg

image.png

So is Bly Manor worth watching? Haven’t read much positive about it

Watching it now... it didn't hook me as much as Hill House did... especially when each episode felt like a clifhanger and you needed the next one. It's still entertaining and I just like the overall vibe and style of the show.

R.I.P. Heather O'Rourke
R.I.P. Dominique Dunne

I recently became familiar with the entire Dominique Dunne case. I knew that domestic violence cost her her life, but man...everything about that situation is a real-life horror story :smh:

is mindhunter worth binging? had one episode down and don't know if it is, seemed like they're gonna be reaching for connections with all the most famous serial killers of the 70s and such since it's obvious a fictional show. correct me if im wrong

big j 33 big j 33 any interest in TV show draft?

I'd love to but since Covid I work 12 hour days and often will be unable to be near my phone for hours at a time. I still try to check every page but I know I couldn't be as active as previous drafts. If you need a final guy or something and can't fill a spot I can do a super big draft board and someone can autopick for me. I'll happily be a judge though

JPZ I'll put you down.

Big J, I'll definitely have you in as a judge, if you want a co-owner or anything you can certainly have that.

I currently have 11 owners interested, I'll try to get things lined up tomorrow and start @'ing everyone.
Page 3 will have the main post. I think I used up all of page 1, but I'll double check.

is mindhunter worth binging? had one episode down and don't know if it is, seemed like they're gonna be reaching for connections with all the most famous serial killers of the 70s and such since it's obvious a fictional show. correct me if im wrong
It's not fictional.

The FBI really did send agents to talk to serial killers, record interviews, and develop what would become their profiling system.

Not sure what you mean by reaching for connections though.

The main cast of characters are fictional, the drama between them is for entertainment, but a lot of this happened. Even some of the finer details.

The show is definitely worth the binge. Especially if you're in to Fincher's work and psychological thrillers.

A Prayer Before Dawn (2017)
7.7/8:emoji_fire:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It's a Masterpiece. Hands down the most raw, gritty, and authentic movie I've ever seen since I can remember. I can't think of any movie like this. It feels shockingly real and authentic. It's compelling to the point where I just could't take my eyes off the screen and stay glued the entire movie. The guy from peaky blinders knocks it out of the park. The kid can act. A24 is something else. It's up there with one of my favorite fight movies.

It's playing again on Showtime this Sunday. Record it, stream it, buy the blu-ray...just give it a watch it if you haven't seen it.:emoji_thumbsup:

A Prayer Before Dawn (2017)
7.7/8:emoji_fire:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It's a Masterpiece. Hands down the most raw, gritty, and authentic movie I've ever seen since I can remember. I can't think of any movie like this. It feels shockingly real and authentic. It's compelling to the point where I just could't take my eyes off the screen and stay glued the entire movie. The guy from peaky blinders knocks it out of the park. The kid can act. A24 is something else. It's up there with one of my favorite fight movies.

It's playing again on Showtime this Sunday. Record it, stream it, buy the blu-ray...just give it a watch it if you haven't seen it.:emoji_thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to give it another go. Watched the beginning a while back and sort of lost interest towards the beginning.

They're criminologists/behavioral scientists trying to develop a "profile" for serial killers so reaching for connections is pretty much the essence of their work.

This was back when the link between science and criminality was still a new theory and pretty taboo within law enforcement circles because cops pretty much wrote off every criminal as a scumbag-case closed. You'll see it when you watch. They get shunned for bringing new ideas to the table and sort of get the hippie tag for doing so.

Definitely worth the watch. Fincher has a knack for the tone of this type of subject matter. The sets are dope too. Will remind you of Zodiac if you've ever seen it.

I swear most movies of white guys going to those areas and getting arrested on a drug charge, finding out how harsh their drug laws are and then their experiencing prison in a foreign country are really good.

The beginning premise of the movie reminded me of Midnight Express, Broken Palace, and Return to Paradise.

I swear most movies of white guys going to those areas and getting arrested on a drug charge, finding out how harsh their drug laws and then their experiencing prison in a foreign country are really good.

The beginning premise of the movie reminded me of Midnight Express, Broken Palace, and Return to Paradise.
You just put me onto Midnight Express. I've seen the other 2 but never seen that one b4. Gonna give it a go. I used to watch those Locked Up Abroad shows when they first came out too. They were pretty good but got a little repetitive after a while.

Yeah Midnight Express is legit. Pretty intense.

If you ever seen the Cable Guy, that's where the nipple against the glass in the jail visiting room comes from :lol:

Cold in July (2014)

91L2So2bwsL._SL1500_.jpg

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.

Last edited:
Cold in July (2014)

91L2So2bwsL._SL1500_.jpg

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.
I raved like a mad man over this movie for some reason. Probably a bit of prisoner of the moment but I did really like it. Still do.

Cold in July :wow: :wow: :pimp: Everybody has to see that. Showtime is airing it all the time and it's on demand. 7.7/8

This movie man :smh: Just so great. It had the feel and tone of A Place Beyond The Pines and Drive. The movie in a way is basically the last 3 eps of True Detective just minus all the Rust Cohle philosophy. Ya boy Michael C. Hall, Dexter, is just teaming up with the old versions of Hart and Cohle to take down some sick ***** and it's crazy cuz the movie's premise leads to a whole other conspiracy.

Movie wasn't slow or boring at all. Kept me engaged through and through. Hall basically plays the opposite of Dexter, a father trying to protect his fam but aint about that life but if he starts something he's gonna see it through to the end and he did. It gets to the point some of the danger kinda gives him an edge he can't walk away from. He started going down the rabbit hole, hesitated, climbed back up a bit and then went all the way down. Funny how in the end one of his questions still goes unanswered :lol:

The meat of the movie is all in the final act and damn was it good. The one dilemma that wasn't a big one for the other supporting character played by Sam Shepard, who was excellent in this, really looked at what a father would do for his son and what a father would have to do to his son once he finds out what he is. The ending was just so great. When it starts there's this one scene was like Hall basically shedding this meek persona in to a deep hole and revealing his Dexter persona all over again. **** was like a damn origin the way it played out.

I could go on and on but the movie was just really good for what it was.
When the father called his friend, we find out he was a P.I.

The conspiracy was to announce the son's death so the Dixi gang thought he was dead so they wouldn't go looking for him in witness protection. However, since they posted it in so many news reports the father thought his son was killed which was why he came for revenge. The cops didn't just send him back to prison cuz too many questions would've been brought up about why he did what he did. So they opted to kill him and that would've been the end of it.

That was clear to me. I was just curious about who actually was killed in the beginning.

Ok if you didn't like it as much as I did but I was just locked in once dude kept pursuing this whole thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom