Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's not fictional.

The FBI really did send agents to talk to serial killers, record interviews, and develop what would become their profiling system.

Not sure what you mean by reaching for connections though.

The main cast of characters are fictional, the drama between them is for entertainment, but a lot of this happened. Even some of the finer details.

The show is definitely worth the binge. Especially if you're in to Fincher's work and psychological thrillers.
Oh Im sure it wasn’t fictional with the FBI trying to learn from the killers At the time that much I do know 100%

Reaching as in for instance the main characters lived in LA and just happened to get the Manson case. They’re done with it, transfer over to another District or so and and they get the Kemper case and they’re on top of. Rinse and repeat. it if that makes sense.

(literally on episode two right now so I see I’m corrected with my Manson guesstimate and all that)

And I actually sat up when I saw that Finchers name was in it I had no idea and I do like his work. I studied film in school but life happened and I couldn’t pursue it further. (That Should answer your question getback)

watching it with my lady. Decided to pick on it since she watches theses.

It’s literally a girl whose videos consist of only putting on make up while telling the story of a serial killer case:rofl:

Do not put Night Stalker vids in here. :frown:

I was a lil guy during his run, my parents still talk about him.

I raved like a mad man over this movie for some reason. Probably a bit of prisoner of the moment but I did really like it. Still do.

Movie was excellent. I honestly had never heard of it and went in thinking it was going to be like a straightforward home invasion Unlawful Entry type of watch or something. Did not expect the progression of the plot at all. Funny that we both caught True Detective vibes. I love taking a chance on something I scroll by randomly and it paying off :nthat:

Last edited:
Best part about that case was how he was caught. Tried boosting a car a in East LA and ended up getting thumped on by the whole hood :lol: :nthat:

I remember it all really well. Felt to me at the time like the whole city was on edge. Each morning you were wondering whether he struck again. I keep the lights on in my room at night the entire period. And when the news broke he got caught, it was such a relief and celebration. Crazy time.

I swear most movies of white guys going to those areas and getting arrested on a drug charge, finding out how harsh their drug laws are and then their experiencing prison in a foreign country are really good.

The beginning premise of the movie reminded me of Midnight Express, Broken Palace, and Return to Paradise.
Never heard of any of these. Will check Out
Cold in July (2014)

91L2So2bwsL._SL1500_.jpg

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.
this movie was EXTREMELY LIT!!! One of the wildest movies I’ve ever seen. **** just keeps escalating :lol:

Cold in July (2014)

91L2So2bwsL._SL1500_.jpg

6.8/8

Wild movie. Hard to describe it. It's like True Detective meets 8MM meets No Country for Old Men. Tension starts from the jump and pretty much does not let up. Great pacing. Sam Shepherd is awesome. Found it by chance scrolling Xfinity On Demand.

Is it on any streaming platforms?

I wish more films would use the sepia tone CGI effect. I think I remember reading it was an accident Coens used that filtered effect because the filming location had a once in a lifetime delayed rainy season so when they went to shoot, everything was extremely lush green and it didn’t fit the dust bowl/depression vibe they were going for. So they had to alter the colors post production and it came out wonderful.

Haven’t really seen anything like it since then, and I feel like it makes the entire movie so much more dope. this water scene is the only scene where it’s really noticeable, but the rest of the movie it just looks naturally old timey.

I watched Escape from New York last night for the first time in years. Was much slower than I remembered. It was enjoyable, but I don’t think I’ll be revisiting it again anytime soon.

If your a fan of Stand-up "The Comedy Store" documentary series on Showtime is fire. First episode covered the early years and how the Store came to be and early comics...Letterman, Leno, Pryor, Freddie Prinze and the importance of Carson. The Interviews and stories are dope. Every comic is on this doc.

This sounds amazing.

I watched Escape from New York last night for the first time in years. Was much slower than I remembered. It was enjoyable, but I don’t think I’ll be revisiting it again anytime soon.

I watched Escape from L.A. on the bike at Lifetime 3 days in a row, and didn’t realize it was a sequel. I just thought the characters were supposed to have met Kurt Russell in a fake, past universe that wasn’t a movie. And that ridiculous basketball scene...

What's NT's thoughts on Trick-r-Treat?

Saw it a while back and thought it was 'okay.' But it seems to have achieved a cult like following and people seem to love it.

The Halloween vibe/tone is done really well.

Also, watched 'Us' last night. Pretty brilliant movie :nthat:

Caught some things that I missed on the first go round.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom