Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently (explosion… everything)

342DD392-7D38-4CBE-BA16-E179381B268D.jpeg

Not really interested in Pig but might see it as one of my showings for the week.
I went in blind and ended up liking it a lot. There’s some quirky stuff involving underground fighting and the cutthroat world of the black truffle market, but It’s mostly a drama about loss and grief with some cooking involved - so if you go in expecting John Wick out in the Pacific Northwest, you’re gonna have a bad time :lol:

think more Up x Ratatouille

I went in blind and ended up liking it a lot. There’s some quirky stuff involving underground fighting and the cutthroat world of the black truffle market, but It’s mostly a drama about loss and grief with some cooking involved - so if you go in expecting John Wick out in the Pacific Northwest, you’re gonna have a bad time :lol:

This is not what I expected at all :lol:

Pig

Absolutely not what I expected either based on the trailer. I mean the trailer didn't really explain what the movie was about but I wouldn't have guessed it to be the kind of movie it turned out to be. I liked where they went with it tho. Just a warning, movie moves slow, but I don't mind. Cage delivers a surprising performance. I enjoyed it and liked following along the journey. So many unexpected things. Dude's right, don't expect John Wick lol, but do expect a thoughtful solid movie about grief, loss, and what we do and how far we go to get back something we love. There IS a "bad *** coming back from the grave" element to it, but "John Wick vibes" is definitely a stretch. Absolutely worth the ticket tho. Just expect a slow burn.

In other news, the theater I went to didn't turn the house lights down all the way. They were a little bit dim and it was glaring somewhat. So I went to the desk to see if they can turn them off. They said there was something wrong with their lights and ended up giving me free ticket vouchers. Glad I made the trip to the desk. Guess I'm watching "Old" for free lol.

Not sure this goes well in the social media era. Many fools will hurt themselves replicating stuff for the likes.
And on top of that, the shock value of the film will likely be less this time around, considering how de-sensitized folks are to this sort of thing.

Danny Trejo was a janitor in the Rob Zombie "Halloween"?? Lol I obvs dont remember anything about this movie.

Witness (1985)

Can't believe I haven't seen this till now. What a great movie. You know an old movie is good if you see it 26 years later and it still holds up after all these years. The Amish chick and all the Amish in this movie sold the part and were totally believable. Ford's performance was great. Enjoyed the turn it took halfway through. An all around solid movie.

Back
Top Bottom