Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sounds like a good watch.

He does a weekend in a European city that is no more than a 3 hour flight from London. And brings a celebrity friend with him. The show is guided by Ayoade’s sense of humor, which tends toward the sarcastic, but also does a good job of highlighting some pretty cool things in all the cities he visits.

Said who?

And you watched a whole season and a quarter of Ozark and wasn't hooked!?

Your taste is trash.

Ozark season 1 was fun then the writing took turn for the worse expeditiously. Very unbelievable. It started becoming almost Forrest Gumpish. I hear it got better after season 2 though.

Just saw Free Guy. Wasn't expecting it to be that good. Not into Video Games. Haven't played in years and even then only really played when I was a Kid. Still was into the movie tho. A lot of funny parts especially "Dude" lol. Was wondering why the reviews were so high since the trailer looked cheesey but it was actually really good. Surprised by this one. Recommend.

I just watched Imperium. Damn that was unsettling WTH. Daniel Radcliffe and Toni Collette were excellent though.

Nope :lol:

Me and my friends had a scheme
Same.

We had the one ticket back door scheme.

And the buy 2 tickets & go back out & rotate that 2nd stub in and out for everyone else scheme :lol:

Is American Horror Story worth dredging up? Couple co workers told me to watch seasons 1-3 but I don't trust their TV taste.
Nah. Too many other good shows. They're not scary at all. Kinna weak. Acting is alway meh. No real suspense either. I always try each season since they're different but get bored with them after an episode or 2. No real excitement or hook to keep me in it.

Is American Horror Story worth dredging up? Couple co workers told me to watch seasons 1-3 but I don't trust their TV taste.
Imo, season 1 is definitely worth the watch. By far the best season. Anything other than that I would read into what the seasons are about to see what interests you. Since each season is completely different. The biggest problem with the show is that each season is too long. Most seasons start out strong then fizzles out towards the end. I also enjoyed the circus season strictly for Dandy and Patti Labelle interactions.

And the buy 2 tickets & go back out & rotate that 2nd stub in and out for everyone else scheme :lol:

This was our go to :lol:

We had an inside man who gave us all the expired gift certificates. Back in the day they would just put a hole punch next to month and year when they expired. We'd buy the same color and type of paper and "fill in" the expired hole punch date and then punch a hole next to a future date. They never inspected them.

Been watching Richard Ayoade’s “Travel Man” documentary show on Prime. Pretty entertaining.

I love the British slang term “knackered” for super tired.
You ever seen Closer? (2004)

Anna: How ‘bout some tea?
Larry: Jesus, I’m knackered.

If you haven’t seen it, turn on your electric kettle, put one of these in your mug and brew yourself a cup. Drink it as you watch the film. Thank me later.

1631720050712.jpeg

Saw Small Engine Repair last night. Very good dark comedy/thriller type flick. As someone already mentioned it's a slow burn until about the last 30-45 minutes kick in. Definitely didn't see it ending the way it did. I really enjoy dialogue heavy films though and thought the three leads had great chemistry and always enjoy seeing Jon Bernthal in roles. One nit is that the twist is a bit predictable as you can start to tell something was off when the "drug dealer" guy gets there. I'd highly recommend though for anyone who appreciates good dialogue and dark comedy movies, 6/8.

Imo, season 1 is definitely worth the watch. By far the best season. Anything other than that I would read into what the seasons are about to see what interests you. Since each season is completely different. The biggest problem with the show is that each season is too long. Most seasons start out strong then fizzles out towards the end. I also enjoyed the circus season strictly for Dandy and Patti Labelle interactions.

best season was season 2 Asylum. By far. But yeah, 1 and 2 are the only ones worth watching. The rest just fizzle out like you said.

Did you know there are like 7 Tremors movies? After 2, they all focus on the Burt Gummer character. I went on a Tremor movie binge last year.

I’d put 3 and on in the good bad movie category.

I've only seen the first 2. I think I remember hearing about a 3rd, but damn 7?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom