Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1653402648948.gif

Anyone see this movie? Saw a video where Tarantino picks this as one of 3 movies he'd bring if he was stranded on an Island. The other 2 being Taxi Driver & Rio Bravo.
MV5BNDVhYzlhZjYtMzk5NC00NmI0LWFlYTAtNDY0MjMwNmM3ZTdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYzMDM0NTU@._V1_.jpg

Anyone see this movie? Saw a video where Tarantino picks this as one of 3 movies he'd bring if he was stranded on an Island. The other 2 being Taxi Driver & Rio Bravo.
MV5BNDVhYzlhZjYtMzk5NC00NmI0LWFlYTAtNDY0MjMwNmM3ZTdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYzMDM0NTU@._V1_.jpg

I haven’t seen it but someone I know personally recommended it. Also Roger Ebert awarded it four out of four stars.

Sorry, but the last 2 seasons of GoT send it straight to jail for me. Completely butchered the show. So replace GOT with BCS.
Concur.

And it sucks to feel that way because the first six seasons of GOT were an entertainment phenomenon unlike anything I’d experienced before, but the ending wiped it all out for me.

Last edited:
Don’t think a Mt Rushmore should only include shows from 2000-on personally.
GOT hell no.

Twin Peaks and X Files deserve love

I get S8 hurt Got. But sorry, overall it was 69 eps of fire and 4 that hurt it.

The body of work is still more than any other show. No other show matches what GoT did for almost a decade.

I agree, the Final 4 eps sucked, but plenty other shows had entire seasons that sucked.

People forget how much they enjoyed it until the last three episodes, up to the White Walkers on Winterfell.

These are all Netflix films I have on ‘My List’, there’s more, but these are ones I don’t know much about, and then I added Barry Jenkins’ Amazon show because I’ve been meaning to check the it out. Any of you have anything good or bad to say about any of these?

Clark (2022 Netflix limited series starring Bill Skarsgard)

Underground Railroad (Amazon, Barry Jenkins)

Welcome Home (2018 film starring Aaron Paul and Emily Ratajowski)

Mr. Right (2015 film starring Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick)

Windfall (2022 film starring Jason Segel, Jesse Plemons, and Lily Collins)

Awakenings (1990 film starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro)

The Edge of War (2021 film starring George MacKay and Jeremy Irons)

Any of you have anything good or bad to say about any of these?

Awakenings... is GREAT.

-foe

People forget how much they enjoyed it until the last three episodes, up to the White Walkers on Winterfell.

These are all Netflix films I have on ‘My List’, there’s more, but these are ones I don’t know much about, and then I added Barry Jenkins’ Amazon show because I’ve been meaning to check the it out. Any of you have anything good or bad to say about any of these?

Clark is wild. Short fun watch, as with everything that's based on true events these days it's hard to know what's true and what's not true. Some of the events are what led to the phrase Stockholm syndrome. Being a foreign show, If you've ever seen lillyhammer it gives of that same goofy unbelievable but totally still watchable vibe 😂.

Don’t think a Mt Rushmore should only include shows from 2000-on personally.
GOT hell no.

Twin Peaks and X Files deserve love
It's his personal Mount Rushmore though, no use forcing in something unless you genuinely believe it's in your top 4 of all time. Watching TV my whole life it legit took a jump in quality post 2000, letting go of some of the old tropes that held it back.

Haven't thought about it but nothing prior to that probably makes mine either.

x Buddha Bless x x Buddha Bless x I like Rockwell and Kendrick but ya maybe Mr. Right’s not worth it then if it’s just that, like Knight and Day branch-off or vibe.

darthska darthska I’ve never heard Awakenings talked about, but it’s in, or at the end, of the prime of their careers.

dontsteponmyshoes dontsteponmyshoes Never seen Lilyhammer, yeah the Stockholm thing was in the Netflix description, that and not seeing Skarsgard outside of IT is why I was interested.

Back
Top Bottom